Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 309662 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Legends Viewer 1.14 (0.42 Compatible)
« Reply #630 on: December 13, 2015, 10:47:20 pm »

I am a big fan and long-time user of Legends-Viewer myself so I updated it to make use of the new DF 0.42.XX infos.

Download here!

Source!

All credit goes to Parker147!

NOTE: If you see a lot of UNKNOWN stuff it is because of this:
XML dump is incomplete! Anywhere that there are details left out I noted with "UNKNOWN" however if you see "INVALID" any then its a bug that needs to be fixed.

Changelog:

# Added support for DF 0.42.XX features

### New Historical Events:
* Procession
* Ceremony
* Performance
* Competition
* Poetic Form Created
* MusicalForm Created
* Dance Form Created
* Written Content Composed
* Knowledge Discovered
* HF Relationship Denied
* Region Population Incorporated Into Entity

### New Event Collections:
* Occasion
* Procession
* Ceremony
* Performance
* Competition

### New Site Link Type:
* Occupation

### New HF Link Type:
* former apprentice
* former master

### Tweaks
* Display of existing events

Thank you!
I must learn about a succession world and this is perfect.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

CharonM72

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Laughingdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 14, 2015, 03:09:12 am »

I am a big fan and long-time user of Legends-Viewer myself so I updated it to make use of the new DF 0.42.XX infos.

Download here!

Source!

All credit goes to Parker147!

NOTE: If you see a lot of UNKNOWN stuff it is because of this:
XML dump is incomplete! Anywhere that there are details left out I noted with "UNKNOWN" however if you see "INVALID" any then its a bug that needs to be fixed.

Changelog:

# Added support for DF 0.42.XX features

### New Historical Events:
* Procession
* Ceremony
* Performance
* Competition
* Poetic Form Created
* MusicalForm Created
* Dance Form Created
* Written Content Composed
* Knowledge Discovered
* HF Relationship Denied
* Region Population Incorporated Into Entity

### New Event Collections:
* Occasion
* Procession
* Ceremony
* Performance
* Competition

### New Site Link Type:
* Occupation

### New HF Link Type:
* former apprentice
* former master

### Tweaks
* Display of existing events

Amazing! This is what I was hoping for. I hope active development can start up again by someone and I don't want to see this abandoned.
Ever wanted to see your DF world Google Earth-style? Check out my Satellite Map Maker!

He he, yeah, I was like, "how are we going to be sure the leader will die in the trap?"  And then I saw the 10 adamantine weapons in the trap.  Then I was like, "but what if they live through the fall if they dodge?"  Then I saw the giant magma pool.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 14, 2015, 03:54:44 am »

Amazing! This is what I was hoping for. I hope active development can start up again by someone and I don't want to see this abandoned.

It will not be abandoned, I'll try to keep it maintained till Parker147 is back.  :)

I made a separate thread for my unoffical branch, so I can update the first post. You can find the Changelog for the new update 1.14.01 there!

Shûl-nak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)
« Reply #633 on: December 22, 2015, 04:18:00 pm »

This program is great, and you [anyone involved in its development and intervention(?)] should feel great.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 04:24:25 pm by Shûl-nak »

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 17, 2016, 04:40:56 pm »

So, I'm doing some research on a dwarven civilization so that I have some background info for a let's play I want to do with it. I tried to look up the current monarch, but all I'm getting is his family tree and the fact that he's a brewer who desires immortality. Also, he was born in the year 17, but his parents aren't shown on the family tree. He's also been king since 95, but it's 132 now and it would appear that he's done nothing at all. Is this normal?

EDIT: I figured it out. I was scrolling with my cursor on the family tree, I didn't realize there was more to scroll down for.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 05:23:51 pm by Inatun »

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 29, 2016, 08:52:43 pm »

Trying to use v1.16.02 of this (otherwise brilliant!) program to view the data from my world in the Dark Ages II (R4) mod (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=143540.0) and I keep getting the following unhandled exception error. Seems to be quite erratic, though - on some worlds it seems to happen every time, whereas for others it seems to go away if I try another dump.

Any ideas what it means, whether it's a problem with the DA2 mod or with Legends Viewer, and any ideas how to fix or circumvent it? :/

Appreciate any help you can give me!

Code: [Select]
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream)
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.World.GenerateMaps(String mapFile) in C:\Users\Thomas Svoboda\Source\Repos\Legends-Viewer\LegendsViewer\Legends\World.cs:line 243
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.World..ctor(String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitesAndPopulationsFile, String mapFile, String xmlPlusFile) in C:\Users\Thomas Svoboda\Source\Repos\Legends-Viewer\LegendsViewer\Legends\World.cs:line 127
   at LegendsViewer.FileLoader.load_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Thomas Svoboda\Source\Repos\Legends-Viewer\LegendsViewer\FileLoader.cs:line 396
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
LegendsViewer
    Assembly Version: 1.16.2.0
    Win32 Version: 1.16.02
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Archie/Documents/My%20Games/Dwarf%20Fotress/LegendsViewer-1.16.02/LegendsViewer.exe
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1075.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
ObjectListView
    Assembly Version: 2.9.0.27259
    Win32 Version: 2.9.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Archie/Documents/My%20Games/Dwarf%20Fotress/LegendsViewer-1.16.02/ObjectListView.DLL
WFC
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Archie/Documents/My%20Games/Dwarf%20Fotress/LegendsViewer-1.16.02/WFC.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
SevenZipSharp
    Assembly Version: 0.64.3890.29348
    Win32 Version: 0.64.3890.29348
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Archie/Documents/My%20Games/Dwarf%20Fotress/LegendsViewer-1.16.02/SevenZipSharp.DLL
Microsoft.mshtml
    Assembly Version: 7.0.3300.0
    Win32 Version: 7.0.3300.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.mshtml/7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.mshtml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

EDIT: FWIW, World Viewer and Legends Browser seem able to load up the files perfectly fine.

Wait, shit..have I posted this in the wrong thread... ( http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=154617.60 ?? )
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:01:31 pm by baldamundo »

ribchinski

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 02, 2016, 07:13:20 pm »

Is this comptible w/ mac?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 30, 2016, 04:31:43 am »

Excellent application, especially the later version is really good for mining in-depth info about a world.

Just for my curiosity, is the civ population tracking how many civilians are currently dead? Or is the population statistics about goblins over time. It seems to account for living entities though im not sure.

I've highlighted a bug i want to press forward with addressing in mantis on the basis of excessive non-historical units cluttering market-provinces via use of this application. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7526
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 06:01:21 am by FantasticDorf »

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #638 on: January 17, 2017, 04:30:44 pm »

I see there is an option to import "Legends XML Plus" where do I get it, how can I export this?
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 18, 2017, 01:07:39 am »

I see there is an option to import "Legends XML Plus" where do I get it, how can I export this?
I think you need to use DFHack. I don't think it's working properly since the tavern/library update, though.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 18, 2017, 07:11:08 am »

I think you need to use DFHack. I don't think it's working properly since the tavern/library update, though.
Works fine in the updated branch of LV:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=154617.0

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #641 on: January 18, 2017, 06:52:55 pm »

Thanks, hadn't it be for the recent mention in the report on what the recent DFHack version fixes, it would be almost impossible to find that the DFHack command I am looking for is "exportlegends all". Why is it not included in normal Legends Viewer and DFHack documentation?
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 19, 2017, 03:03:34 am »

The command you're looking for is probably "exportlegends info". "All" produces a bazillion image files of the various sites as well, while "info" still produces the extra stuff file. When starting the 1.13 version of the Legends Viewer included in the latest LNP the starting page shows instructions on how to export data from Legends Mode using both the vanilla method and the DFHack one.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #643 on: January 19, 2017, 06:26:32 am »

The command you're looking for is probably "exportlegends info". "All" produces a bazillion image files of the various sites as well, while "info" still produces the extra stuff file.

But I was actually quite happy that I finally see the site maps as well, when I exported all, although they take up a lot of space

Sure, info is probably what I'd need most. I must check whether the current version also somewhere mentions the thing with the exportlegends command. What puzzled me was that the command is neither documented in he DFHack docs. But this is the wrong place to complain about that.

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 21, 2017, 09:38:44 am »

Hey mod Creator Thank you for your work into this field. I really needed it so i know where to embark for my blood thirsty dwarfs.

:D

Thanks once again it really is great.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44