Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many people do you know who play DF, not counting people you introduced to it?

- 130 (63.7%)
- 40 (19.6%)
- 15 (7.4%)
- 8 (3.9%)
- 2 (1%)
5+
- 9 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: How many people you know play Dwarf Fortress?  (Read 11070 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: How many people you know play Dwarf Fortress?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 09:08:44 am »

Also, I'm a girl -_-
*Hugs*

drseptapus

• Bay Watcher
  • The peasant strangles the cat's throat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 09:29:00 am »

I introduced it to my friend recently. Other people have heard about it but don't play. A couple people tried and got lost, oh well. Any other players In Connecticut? Or in New England for that matter?
I'm sure by the time toady gets too old to program, DF will have reached a stage where as it is sentient enough to program itself.
It won't program itself, it'll be too busy taking breaks and attending parties to code.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 09:33:45 am »

No dwarves here in Siberia, as far as I notice.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 09:58:02 am »

Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Thyral

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 10:05:13 am »

I introduced a few people to it, but only one besides myself is still playing it.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 11:37:07 am »

You ever see someone on the street and think "That guy plays DF"? Yeah, me neither. There's no identifiable pattern in the pictures thread, not even neckbeards. But they're everywhere, I can feel it...

I need to spread it around my dorm building subconsciously.

Also, I'm a girl -_-
Yes, but your username is androgynous and people don't have time to check every other poster's profile for gender before they choose pronouns. No need to announce it every time.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 11:39:17 am by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 12:07:33 pm »

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2010, 01:03:36 pm »

Also, I'm a girl -_-
Yes, but your username is androgynous and people don't have time to check every other poster's profile for gender before they choose pronouns. No need to announce it every time.

But it does make her following quote even more awesome (at least in the dirty, squalid minds of the hetero-males and bi-lesbian-curious females):

I was introduced to it by my girlfriend, she was introduced by a friend. These are the only other people I know who play Dwarf Fortress.
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2010, 01:40:20 pm »

Also, I'm a girl -_-

But it does make her following quote even more awesome (at least in the dirty, squalid minds of the hetero-males and bi-lesbian-curious females):

I was introduced to it by my girlfriend, she was introduced by a friend. These are the only other people I know who play Dwarf Fortress.
I was gonna mention that, heh. I suppose if "girlfriend who plays DF" is awesome, "lesbian couple who play DF" is doubly so. Of course, the whole point of my comment was telling her not to draw needless attention to it, which is exactly what I've been coaxed into doing now. Dammit! >:(
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2010, 01:43:50 pm »

I was trying to not comment on it, due to how pervy it woukd make me seem, but when in bay12...

Great, not one, but TWO girls who play DF, and both off the market, FML.

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 01:53:02 pm »

I was trying to not comment on it, due to how pervy it woukd make me seem, but when in bay12...

Great, not one, but TWO girls who play DF, and both off the market, FML.

Don't know how old you are, but those girls are triply off limits for me...  (married and over 18).  And yes, it made me feel pervy and creepy...  Sorry, MoM!
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2010, 01:57:14 pm »

Well I am over 18, so that's no limit, but married is definatly a show stopper. On a side note, why is it when a girl is mentioned, then thread derails (Mostly by myself)? Am I Are we so shallow?

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2010, 01:59:10 pm »

Slightly on the new topic; I talk about Dwarf Fortress constantly, so my girlfriend tried to get into it.  Instead of doing the smart thing and coaxing her gently into it with tutorial worlds, easy embarks and good set offs, I started talking about Giant War Eagles and Forgotten Beasts, while embarking in frozen tundras...  she gave up after a few hours of throwing herself at the interface.

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2010, 02:16:14 pm »

Well I am over 18, so that's no limit, but married is definatly a show stopper. On a side note, why is it when a girl is mentioned, then thread derails (Mostly by myself)? Am I Are we so shallow?

Actually, based on MoM's profile, your age *is* a show-stopper... ;)  Yes, we are that shallow.  At least, on the Internet we are.
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2010, 02:18:56 pm »

Let me see this.

Hmm, well I'm still a teenager, so there should be some leanency, but that shallow.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8