Poll

Should I keep writing?

YES! WE LOVE YOU!
NO! WE HATE YOU!
Yes, this is interesting
No, you should improve your writing first
Other (please explain in a post)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Dwarven Holy Book (Dwarfronomicon)  (Read 3694 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Dwarven Holy Book (Dwarfronomicon)
« on: December 11, 2010, 05:32:34 am »

BOOK ONE: GENESERATION
CHAPTER ONE: THE GODS

In the beginning, there was nought.
And, in a flash of light, The Gods appeared, from nothing, to nothing, for nothing, as nothing.
And The Gods had a census, and they were: "Arzaldareth" "Nerosintitum" "Adamndas" "Armok" "Horuclazen"
And They were powerful.

CHAPTER TWO: THE GENERATION

One time, Arzaldareth said, "Let Us end this boredom, and build Ourselves a place to exist"
And The Gods said, "Aye!"
And so, Arzaldareth took power from the Great Energy, Toady, and made the land.
And Nerosintitum took power from Toady, and made the sky
And Admandas took power from Toady, and made the rocks in the land vary and change, with ore and others.
And Horuclazen took power from Toady, and made life, the birds, the fish, the animals.
And Armok waited, and did nothing.

CHATPER THREE: THE CREATION OF INTELLIGENT LIFE

Now, The Gods became bored again, the animals did not often do anything interesting.
So, Arzaldareth said, " Let Us make animals, in our own image, to be intelligent and do interesting things for Us"
And The Gods said, "Aye!"
And so, Arzaldareth made Humans, to use the land hje had created as a home, and to build average things.
And Horuclazen made Elves, to live in the forests in harmony with the animals and birds he had created.
And Admandas made Dwarves, to live in the land and to mine the ores and various rocks he had created, and to build deep things.
And Nerosintitum made Goblins, to live in great towers, in the sky he has created and war with the others, and to build tall things.
And, secretly, in the very depths, unknown to the others, Armok did an evil thing.
Armok created the Dead Stone, Slade, that no mortal may touch.
And he created the Dark beasts, with poisonous vapours and corrosive blood, to revel in the evil he had created.

CHAPTER FOUR: THE DEMONS AND THE SEALING

The Dwarves one day dug deep, and found the Dead Stone, Slade.
They ignored it and went about their daily lives, but the Demons saw them.
The Demons came up and slaughtered the Dwarves, and Armok laughed, and rejoiced in his victory.
Arzaldareth said, "Which one of Us has created these foul things? These things which rip the creatures to peices".
Armok said, "I have, as I am more powerful than you, and my army shall destroy the things you have made, and live in the land"
"But why?" said the others.
"Because", said Armok, "They will worship ME and make offerings to ME and I chall rule over them!"
And the others saw Armok's plan, and were angry.
They drew power from Toady and cast Armok down to the depths, laughing as he went, along with his dark spawn.
The holes the dwarves had dug were sealed with the Living Stone, Adamantine, named for Admandas and Nerosintitum, who had done most fighting against Armok.
Armok saw this and was angry, and he cursed the Adamantine, for those mortals who look apon it will want it more than anything, and the blessed creatures, the Dwarves, would love it even more, and would mine it out, knowing of the Demons that lurked underneath.

I hope that last cpater was longer, as there was much more to write about this time, next up I'll begin the Dwarven version of the Exodus, where they will be held captive by the Goblins and will break free, under the wing of a great hero... Morul...

« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 03:57:10 am by Supercharazad »

Demki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Holy Book (Dwarfronomicon)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 06:01:57 am »

<- chose other:
No, not because we hate, and not because your writing is bad, it's because I don't think we NEED a dwarven holy book.
(and I don't want one)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 06:27:07 am »

<- chose other:
No, not because we hate, and not because your writing is bad, it's because I don't think we NEED a dwarven holy book.
(and I don't want one)

Why not? We have a Dwarven anatomy, and I thought that some fanfic for how the Dwarven universe came to be would be interesting :P

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 06:29:40 am »

Chapters tend to be more then four lines long... Unless you acualy are Lovecraft, in that case you can do what ever the hell you want, because I don't argue with ghosts.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 06:45:56 am »

Ok, one thing - Dont try to make ANYTHING about Dwarves as a whole. No book can represent all Dwarves. They CAN be a cult or community though.

Im not opposing the idea, but just adapt it a bit

EDIT: That sounded slightly harsher than i meant it too, but i cant seem to rephrase it well, so... :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 06:56:40 am by Chilton »
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 06:52:52 am »

Supercharazad you should write because you like writing, not because you want praise.  And especially not if you want money.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 07:18:58 am »

Supercharazad you should write because you like writing, not because you want praise.  And especially not if you want money.

Well, I do like writing, but if the nobody's going to read it, what's the point?
Also, the reason the chapters are so small is because there is little to write about, further chapters will be bigger though, as I get into the good stuff, like how demons came into existance, and how the dwarves and elves and humans came ect. Then, it'll move on to stories, tales and yarns.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 07:22:19 am »

Ok, ok - Im going to try and contribute. Might i suggest using Dwarven words, from the Language file in the RAWs?
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 07:41:02 am »

Ok, ok - Im going to try and contribute. Might i suggest using Dwarven words, from the Language file in the RAWs?

I will take that advice, and use it in the names of the books.

Also, I added 2 chapters, a bit longer this time, becuase there was more to write about

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 09:25:45 am »

Dwarves are "Slaves to Armok". Try and work that into the story.

Perhaps the reason dwarves dig deep is because Armok gives off a "siren song" that draws his unwilling slaves to him, in order to break his prison.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 11:45:32 am »

Armok knows how to use computer aided design

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 12:50:23 pm »

Armok knows how to use computer aided design

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*hands take the choking position*
*resist*
*resist*

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 05:05:56 pm »

Dwarves are "Slaves to Armok". Try and work that into the story.

Perhaps the reason dwarves dig deep is because Armok gives off a "siren song" that draws his unwilling slaves to him, in order to break his prison.

He's pretty much done that already with the adamantine, it makes mortals love it more than anything else on sight, Dwrves love it EVEN MORE THAN THAT.

In fact, that's pretty much the reason they will dig deep, to get the happy metal :D

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 05:49:17 pm »

So uh

How 'bout that spellcheck, then?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 02:36:09 pm »

I haven't read it, but I voted ''YES! WE LOVE YOU!]] just to be nice :)

Can I haz cheezburger now?
*pedosmile*
Pages: [1] 2