Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarves decomposing while in graves  (Read 779 times)

keturn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://keturn.net/
Re: Dwarves decomposing while in graves
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2007, 02:12:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Vengeful Donut:
<STRONG>maybe masterwork coffins dont let out miasma?</STRONG>

Perhaps that was tongue-in-cheek, but it just so happens that I do have a masterwork coffin here, and the miserable dwarf interred in it (he died after going melancholy from a strange mood) did indeed produce miasma when he rot.

Doler 12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2007, 07:02:00 am »

Why do you think it is outlawed to be buried under a church these days? Yep that is right you will still rot and stink even if you have be placed in a coffin crafted by a master.  Even most mummies will decompose a little.
BLOCKQUOTE>quote:
Originally posted by Helmaroc:
<STRONG>I saw one peasant and all his family was dead of old age. Nephews, parents, grandparents, children, brothers. All dead. I let him jo

Angela Christine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 08:59:00 am »

It makes sense for wooden caskets to let some out, but a stone coffin?  Could they at least produce a smaller cloud of miasma, since the body is contained and out of the breeze?

I guess this mean no more coffins decorating the dining room.  Too bad, some dwarfs have a preference for coffins and get happy thoughts from admiring them.  (Goth dwarfs?)  At least with the new traffic zones I can discourage them from taking a "shortcut" through my Hall of the Stinky Dead.    :D

Akael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 10:17:00 am »

I give my valuable dwarves a true dwarven burial. They're put in a coffin, then a wall is built to seal it into the alcove, forever resting in peace. It keeps the miasma in, and is truly a burial fitting for a dwarf.
Pages: 1 [2]