Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Pokemon: The Journey of Heroes

(1/16) > >>

Heron TSG:
Pokemon. The word conjures images of a simple game, a challenge that may be overcome by eight-year-olds on a playground. That is not this game. This game is a thing of horrors. This is the most extreme self-imposed challenge that I have ever attempted, a glorious endeavor fit only for those who have tired of the petty challenges offered by the game itself. This is not a game that will create the best team. Rather, it will create a team of the strongest and longest-lasting Pokemon that will one day win glory in the Hall of Fame, a testament to the awesome challenge they have surpassed.

RULES
[*]If a Pokemon faints, it is released. No resurrection witchcraft here.
[*]You may only capture one Pokemon per route. You can only catch the first one you encounter.
[*]You may only catch this Pokemon if it is a species that you do not own.
[*]If this Pokemon faints or flees, too bad.
[*]No communist healthcare. For every Pokemon in your party when you go to a Pokemon center, spend 2000 monies on mail.
[*]No savescumming.
[*]You may only use three healing items per battle, and Full Restores are banned, as are Revives.
[*]All Pokemon in the party must be within three levels of each other, and you must fill your party as much as you can.
[*]You must play with Set battle mode. You don't get a free switch after you KO a foe's Pokemon.
[*]You may freely catch legendaries, but you cannot use them in battle.
[*]All Pokemon must have nicknames.
[*]No running from a battle, no matter its difficulty.
[*]While battling Gym Leaders or the other trainers within the Gym, you may only have as many Pokemon in your party as the Gym Leader. Note that this rule was added after Wattson, to prevent overwhelming Gym Leaders with sheer numbers.
[*]You cannot use the move Fly. Walking is where glorious combat lies.
[/list]

I'm using a copy of Pokemon Ruby, and the theme here is MANGRIT.

Spoiler: Welcome to a world of hurt! (click to show/hide)INTRODUCTION

Professor Birch: Hi! Sorry to keep you waiting! Welcome to the world of Pokemon! My name is BIRCH. But everyone calls me the Pokemon Professor. This is what we call a 'Pokemon'. This world is widely inhabited by creatures known as Pokemon. We humans live alongside Pokemon, at times as friendly playmates, and at times as cooperative workmates. And sometimes, we band together and battle others like us. But despite our closeness, we don't know everything about Pokemon. In fact, there are many, many, secrets surrounding Pokemon. To unravel Pokemon mysteries, I've been undertaking research. That's what I do. And you are? Are you a boy? or a girl?

***: A MAN!

Professor Birch: All right. What's your name?

***: CONAN!

Professor Birch: So it's CONAN? Ah, okay! You're CONAN who's moving to my hometown of Littleroot. I get it now! Are you ready? Your very own adventure is about to unfold. Take courage, and leap into the world of Pokemon where dreams, adventure, and friendships bloodshed, tragedy, and glory await! I'll be expecting you later. Come see me in my Pokemon Lab.
I just finished the 3rd gym battle, so there will be a half-dozen or so updates to go through before it's really a Let's Play. I was playing this for fun and then realized just how awesome it was, so I started taking notes. Now all may witness the horrible tragedies that occur when...

DEATH IS FOREVER.

Heron TSG:
ROSTER
Spoiler: The Party (click to show/hide)
The Kraken - Level 19 Tentacool

Hrothgar - Level 21 Combusken

Boudica - Level 20 Kirlia

Maelrigar - Level 21 Kadabra

Not enough Pokemon.

Not enough Pokemon.

Spoiler: Storage (click to show/hide)We ain't that lucky. Maybe after we fill the party.

Spoiler: Graveyard (click to show/hide)These brave heroes lie here forevermore, slain in glorious battle.

Herakles - Level 12 Wingull

Alaric - Level 17 Whismur

Perseus - Level 14 Electrike

Krusk - Level 17 Taillow

Thorondor - Level 7 Makuhita

Beornigar - Level 15 Beautifly

Meroveg - Level 14 Zigzagoon

Wulfgar - Level 8 Poochyena

Felix - Level 17 Illumise

Heron TSG:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Episode 01:Welcome to a world of hurt!Episode 02:Blazing GloryEpisode 03:Mind over MatterEpisode 04:Conan, I am thy father!Episode 05:Plotting AlongEpisode 06:Jungle Hijinks

Ultimuh:
Ooh.. sounds interesting..

Knirisk:
One question: Howw...? Is this even possible?

Also, what about Pokemon that can use moves like Refresh in battle?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version