Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]

Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 50182 times)

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Effect 3
« Reply #765 on: April 22, 2012, 02:44:26 pm »

There's nothing wrong with disliking, but there's much wrong with the way you say you dislike it.

Maybe Domenique you grew up in a household were you burned $60 for fun, other people didn't have that privilege.

I grew up in a post-soviet state, where buying a video game meant a fifth of my parent's income. And I didn't have the privilege of getting any reviews of video-games, so I was buying a cat in a bag which I will have to play for three or so months. I also borrowed years old video magazine cds from my friend to constantly play demo versions of games. That was what I meant by getting as much as possible. And It's not like I live much better now.

You are not idiots for disliking a game, but I don't see the point of constant hate for it. One thing is having an opinion, other is jumping into the bandwagon of hate, because of a video game. There are investments that just never pay off, you just have to move on.

I stated constantly that your opinion is yours and I can only disagree with it, but you guys are overreacting, as if it was news that video game companies only care about money. How dare they.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 22, 2012, 03:14:49 pm »

Well I grew up in a hole in the desert where we had to walk uphill both ways in the snow to trade a thousands camels for a single level of Mario Kart.

Also everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they keep it to themselves... Now shut up and listen to my opinion on things you entitled whiners.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 22, 2012, 03:16:07 pm »

I stated constantly that your opinion is yours and I can only disagree with it, but you guys are overreacting, as if it was news that video game companies only care about money. How dare they.

We're discussing the game.  You're vehemently protesting our discussion, and we're the ones overreacting?
Shoes...

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 22, 2012, 03:20:26 pm »

We're entitled whining about the flawless work of art.  You're behaving in a completelty rational manner like a perfect gentleman. We're the ones overreacting!

I think theres a breakdown of communication going on in this thread, so I edited what you wrote so he can understand.  8)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 22, 2012, 03:35:47 pm »

Also, I'm starting to realize just how much plot-induced stupidity this game has.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 22, 2012, 04:09:36 pm »

You know, there is something to be said about spinning wheels here, regardless of opinion. Pretty sure Bioware doesn't come here to read this thread, and we've been beating the dead horse for a couple pages, at least.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 22, 2012, 04:14:43 pm »

You know, there is something to be said about spinning wheels here, regardless of opinion. Pretty sure Bioware doesn't come here to read this thread, and we've been beating the dead horse for a couple pages, at least.

To be honest, this is most of the internet in a nutshell.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 22, 2012, 04:16:02 pm »

I'm not going to necessarily agree with Domenique, but I will say that some of the discussion in this thread has gone from "rational criticism" to "Bioware-EA is the evil avatar of Satan and has never done anything good with a videogame or anything else at any point in time and is part of a shadowy conspiracy to control gaming media and make us all sheeple".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 22, 2012, 04:19:04 pm »

Nothing wrong with venting, is it?
Love, scriver~

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 22, 2012, 04:20:46 pm »

Someone asked what problems people had with the ending. People responded with the problems they had with the ending. This was apparently whining by entitled crybabies.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 22, 2012, 04:32:19 pm »

Nothing wrong with venting, is it?

Certainly not; I've definitely done my share here. However... arguing with each other over subjective opinions is pointless, and continuing to repeat why the ending sucks in the same way with the same reasons across multiple pages gets counterproductive.

All I'm saying is, there's a very real possibility that all this stuff we're complaining about won't change, and maybe dealing with it and moving on might be... healthier... than dwelling on it.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 22, 2012, 05:29:39 pm »

I'm not going to necessarily agree with Domenique, but I will say that some of the discussion in this thread has gone from "rational criticism" to "Bioware-EA is the evil avatar of Satan and has never done anything good with a videogame or anything else at any point in time and is part of a shadowy conspiracy to control gaming media and make us all sheeple".
Really? I, uh, haven't really seen this.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 22, 2012, 08:00:03 pm »

There's nothing wrong with disliking, but there's much wrong with the way you say you dislike it.

No, actually, the wrongness of the way you say you dislike something, pales in comparison to the wrongness in saying that whoever dislikes something is juvenile, entitled, a whiny bitch, and other ad hominems.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]