Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jewelry/crafts (rings, bracelets, earings, ect)  (Read 4412 times)

SolPyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Jewelry/crafts (rings, bracelets, earings, ect)
« on: December 12, 2010, 01:08:14 pm »

I'm either going to add a large section to the finished goods page on jewelry/crafts/bling (crafts you can wear in adventure mode) or create a whole new page on them. Suggestions on which to do and on what to call these things? Also any information on jewelry/bling you might have. I'm still researching in adventure mode right now.
Quote from: Neil Gaiman
George R.R. Martin is not your b****.

ChocolateBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jewelry/crafts (rings, bracelets, earings, ect)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 02:44:44 pm »

"Not changing sig until I shave"
Started 1994

SolPyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 01:33:58 am »

Well looks like nobody has felt like helping me out yet... so ill post what ive got so far. 11 rings can fit on each finger putting on rings fills up one finger at a time startng with right thumb then left thumb, right first finger, left first finger ect. 11 earings can fit on each ear. I'm working on braclets now but am having trouble getting my hands on enough of the things to check maximum capacity. It looks like wearing gloves or gauntles effects the number of max braclets per hand. So far I have found no limit on amulets.
now you know what i'm testing maybe someone will feel like helping me by confirming my numbers

doomdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 06:39:04 pm »

Some testing in arena mode tells me that you can wear 11 rings on each toe as well as the fingers. I put on 287 amulets and 455 bracelets (all on my right hand), so if they have caps they're ridiculously high. 11 earrings per ear is what I got as well. It seems you can only wear one crown, and it doesn't fit if you have a helmet. I could wear 2 caps and a mask (but not 3 caps or 2 masks) on at the same time. (This was testing as a male stone dwarf in genesis mod, which I believe is the same as a vanilla dwarf.)

SolPyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 01:29:28 am »

Thank you doom! I thought I had managed to fill up my right hand with bracelets and had two on my left hand. After reading your post I went back to look and I must have made a mistake because the only things on my left hand were two gloves. I didn't think you could get jewelry in area mode though... how did you do it? does genesis mod allow that? testing would be a hell of a lot easier if i didn't have to go out to find jewelry in adv mode

Any idea what size value, permit and layer crowns are? Crowns don't have raws to look that up in. ive been trying to figure it out based on the armor article on the wiki (which is really confusing anyway) and testing (ive got the same crown results as you) but can't work it out.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 09:00:54 am »

I'm guessing some Adventurer mode reactions were used.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

SolPyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 03:26:29 pm »

I have created the page. thank you for your help doom.

Now onto the next project: Adventurer mode page COMPLETE OVERHAUL :o

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 05:50:11 pm »

There's some odd stuff going on with how much you're capable of wearing. While wearing both gloves and mittens I couldn't wear more than 10 bracelets on each hand, while wearing mittens only I couldn't wear more than 20 bracelets, but when wearing gloves only there was no limit at all. This is probably due to me not understanding the interactions between clothing layers - if somebody else understands them better, please experiment some more.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

SolPyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 12:20:52 am »

There's some odd stuff going on with how much you're capable of wearing. While wearing both gloves and mittens I couldn't wear more than 10 bracelets on each hand, while wearing mittens only I couldn't wear more than 20 bracelets, but when wearing gloves only there was no limit at all. This is probably due to me not understanding the interactions between clothing layers - if somebody else understands them better, please experiment some more.
AAaaagh! I don't know how I missed this stuff the first time... I don't get it anymore than you do braclets don't seem to conform to any of the layer types.

doomdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 05:47:39 am »

So I'd guess that bracelets are the same layer as mittens (which is on top of gloves, so the gloves' size permit won't affect them) and have no size permit of their own because you can wear infinite. Mittens have a permit of 20, and gloves have a size of ten, so I'd assume bracelets have a size of 1. Did you notice if gloves/mittens limited the number of rings?

And how I got the items in arena mode: I added custom reactions and whatnot.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 06:05:46 am by doomdome »