Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: World Viewer 2.0 - View World information with Map + Mod Support  (Read 70443 times)

fatherjimbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer 2.0 - View World information with Map + Mod Support
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2011, 10:28:44 am »

For some strange reason I can't start worlviewer. All I get is message "Component 'TABCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file missing or invalid".

I had this issue as well. I had to run the worldviewer.exe as administrator and it worked.

Windows Vista.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2011, 03:56:58 pm »

Tried World Viewer out on the new .19 DF release and get run-time error '6' overflow when loading sites.

By the way, I love this program.  Interestingly, it has info that Legends Viewer doesn't and vise-versa, so I hope this is still in developement.  I think both programs complement each other, even though there is some overlap.  And they both, along with DF's Legends, are needed when doing detailed investigations of history and characters in a world.  So thanks for the hard work put into this program.
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2011, 08:59:13 pm »

I think they should work together...but that's just my few on most projects that have similar goals...regardless

I am sure he will work on it and update it soon...last release it took him a bit of time but when he works on this he works on it very quickly =)

Also what are some differences? Ive only used this

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2011, 09:33:54 am »

I agree, but their differences are also useful too. 

Some differences.  Lately, with the addition of maps in both, the differences are starting to become smaller.  But I find that, depending on what I'm searching for, one layout will be more helpful than the other.  The most important difference, though, is if I can't find a specific person or info on one, I'll find it on the other.  I don't know why, but one prog wont turn up when I do a search, but the other will.  (might have something to do with using their last name ... translated or not translated... can't remember)  The new map in LegendsViewer 1.08 is very nice and handy giving popup info on sites about the civ and site name as well as zooming (can't remember if WorldViewer's can or not), but Legend's is not accurate yet, so if looking for a specific site for my adventurer, I use World Viewer.  (I expect this will change with bugfixes).

Now, I think as they both develope, they'll start to be practically the same with regards to access to info, but I find the style/layout of both quite helpful at times and each will appeal to different people.  Both are excellent programs.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 09:41:56 pm by Chromasphere »
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

rynait

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2011, 02:31:31 pm »

Hello,

using genesis 3.21 full graphical version (runs on DF 31.25). I  ran world viewer 2.0.17 and got run time error 9.  I note above several run time errors with different numbers and no solutions was presented nor file requests to analyze the effect.

anyone have chart explaing the run time errors for me to do a workaround or is there a fix?

Rynait

Lockyy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tales from the Fortress
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2011, 11:36:22 am »

I have gotten an error in serveral worlds, tends to be larger worlds, where I get "error 9, overflow" or something similar.

Sometimes the worlds work if I try a few more times, sometimes they don't...

edit: and I just got "run-time error 9: sub-script out of range." when it was interpreting events.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 11:39:29 am by Lockyy »
Tales from the Fortress is my website dedicated to archiving stories from the world of dwarf fortress.

Now updated to include a DF2014 section!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2011, 08:03:51 pm »

Darnit, I keep getting this error:

Run-time error '9':

Subscript out of range.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2011, 03:31:24 am »

Has the World Viewer project been abandoned? :(
Or is there hope for a new release yet?  :-\

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2011, 09:03:57 am »

I largely stopped work on this when I saw a better product in Parker147's Legend's Viewer.  I think I released the most  recent source last version in case anyone thinks they can gather anything useful from it.  I'll also answer questions about it by PM, but I'm not interested in updating anymore since Legend's Viewer is a far more detailed and efficient tool.  If there's something I did that you think he should do (I can't think of anything) feel free to let him know, I'm sure he can pull it off.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 09:05:42 am by Mason11987 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]