Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: World Viewer 2.0 - View World information with Map + Mod Support  (Read 70419 times)

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer 2.0 - View World information with Map + Mod Support
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2010, 12:11:19 pm »

Just uploaded a run-time error '9' fileset...  I tried generating smaller worlds, but they worked.

Roth Sumun

You uploaded the generation paremeters file, but not the xml file from legends mode.

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2010, 12:41:19 pm »

Just uploaded a run-time error '9' fileset...  I tried generating smaller worlds, but they worked.

Roth Sumun

You uploaded the generation paremeters file, but not the xml file from legends mode.

Ack!  *grumble*  *grumble*

Try this file
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2010, 01:01:07 pm »

Roth Sumun

Ack!  *grumble*  *grumble*

Try this file

I got it to work after a few changes.  But your world has one of those problems that I've encountered before, so I'm going to fix it first before I go on to other things.

Fixed - 2.0.10
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 02:31:51 pm by Mason11987 »

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2010, 02:43:03 pm »

Thank you!
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2010, 04:12:34 pm »

I keep getting 'runtime error 9' with all of my worlds large or small.  On the small one, I checked the log and it said,"No Artifacts in this world, skipping section". Dunno if that means anything to you.

I've had 1.6GB xml files work, and 1KB ones work, so it must be something not related to size.  Could you send the smallest set (xml,hist,sites, and map) that fails to me (smaller is faster to check, and the failures are probably related).  Is it vanilla or modded?

Edit - This is probably fixed in 2.0.9

Ok, since coming back from work, you have 2.0.10 up.  Tested with small world...  worked beautifully!   Tested with large world... got a runtime error 13 type mismatch.  Now my worlds are heavily modded, but the small one worked fine.  The large one does have a 3 year old abandoned fortress in it though.  The log file had a large list of '...death not listed' entries and then the last two lines were:   

HistFig: 59267 -  has no race (and isn't force):       <associated_type>STANDARD</associated_type>
HistFig: 59293 doesn't have associated type:       <ghost/>

So I was wondering if anyone else is testing with worlds where they abandoned a fortress which had ghosts at one time, but not anymore.  Dunno it that has anything to do with it.

By the way, this is a terrific program!  I love it and it is very useful... Thanks for making it!!
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2010, 04:23:40 pm »

Ok, since coming back from work, you have 2.0.10 up.  Tested with small world...  worked beautifully!   Tested with large world... got a runtime error 13 type mismatch.  Now my worlds are heavily modded, but the small one worked fine.  The large one does have a 3 year old abandoned fortress in it though.  The log file had a large list of '...death not listed' entries and then the last two lines were:   

HistFig: 59267 -  has no race (and isn't force):       <associated_type>STANDARD</associated_type>
HistFig: 59293 doesn't have associated type:       <ghost/>

So I was wondering if anyone else is testing with worlds where they abandoned a fortress which had ghosts at one time, but not anymore.  Dunno it that has anything to do with it.

By the way, this is a terrific program!  I love it and it is very useful... Thanks for making it!!

That's it, the ghost tag.

Awesome!  I had never seen the ghost tag.  Already my logging process is helping me out.  I could probably fix the crash without even getting your files with that info, but I'm concerned about the death not listed notes.  Want to send me your files?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 04:28:17 pm by Mason11987 »

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2010, 07:51:31 pm »

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 07:54:24 pm by Chromasphere »
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

anallyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github repos
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2010, 08:51:53 pm »

we want source code, sir !
how to be first one to get mayday tileset after toady released a new version: https://github.com/rofl0r/df-mayday

tenach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2010, 11:32:20 pm »

we want source code, sir !

Hear hear!

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2010, 08:39:59 am »

Chroma, it looks like I fixed your problem.

Also, enjoy checking out the source.  If you don't have VB6, you might still be able to get something from it by opening them in notepad.

Either way, if you want to contribute some improvements, feel free!

I was going to release source later, but I figured something now, and improved documentation later would be the best thing to do.  Hope you enjoy my last two weeks work :).

Edit - Looks like I actually did it now. :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 09:23:28 am by Mason11987 »

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2010, 11:51:48 am »

That is really excellent work!!!  Thank-you.

I've noticed in Map Legend view that when I click on a civ, it doesn't always go to that civ on the map.  Only the top civ seems to do that, then the second one doesn't go anywhere... then all the following go to other civs.  This is minor though and am enjoying your program alot!

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2010, 12:14:06 pm »

That is really excellent work!!!  Thank-you.

I've noticed in Map Legend view that when I click on a civ, it doesn't always go to that civ on the map.  Only the top civ seems to do that, then the second one doesn't go anywhere... then all the following go to other civs.  This is minor though and am enjoying your program alot!

That is the case when a civ doesn't actually own any sites anymore.  In effect they are "extinct", although I don't really know if there is any way for them to found a new site or take over an existing one.  It would be interesting to check for that though.

I could try to explain this to the user, or possibly ignore civs that don't have any sites.  Either might work.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:15:45 pm by Mason11987 »

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2010, 01:32:21 pm »

Yeah, but pretty minor bug.

I do get a 'error 9'  I think and ctd    when on the war tab and click on the first war.  Again, not a big problem, but might as well let you know.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2010, 01:43:44 pm »

Yeah, but pretty minor bug.

I do get a 'error 9'  I think and ctd    when on the war tab and click on the first war.  Again, not a big problem, but might as well let you know.

Yup, it looks like your xml doesn't include every Historical Figure (many worlds are this way, I"m not completely sure why though), and that war's first battle was defended by a historical figure with an id that doesn't appear in the xml. 

I think I found and fixed that bug already.  Let me check your world...

http://imgur.com/doQ9S.png

Yup, see the "*Unimportant*" listed under the defender, before it looked for a name there, but because there wasn't a historical figure with that ID in your XML, it failed.  Now it fails nicely :)  I'll put up a new version a littler later.  Working on some nice feature stuff first.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 01:45:25 pm by Mason11987 »

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2010, 04:25:05 pm »

Hi, very nice program with a few some bugs
As you can see in your image, the number of losses of the defender has to different values (13 fallen in battle and 10 in the whole war hugh?)
Also when you have more than 2 races in one town (or what ever) the third ... race isn't displayed (I guess you should make the label a bit bigger)[in "civ" tab]
Futher it would be nice, wheter you could display for each civ the total number of people and maybe towns (just as an idea). The last point I thought about was that you could (in the war tab in the box with the different units) structure it a bit more, sorting by race and/ or make a tree instead of a confused list
e.g.:   -drawfs 100/ 54 died
                     -    town A 45/ 13 died
                     -    town B  55/ 31 died
         -trolls 12/ 0 died
                    - site A  4/ 0 died
                    - site B  8/ 0died

Thanks a lot for making legends mode better/ easier ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8