Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: talk about not letting your disability get in the way  (Read 11719 times)

mrbaggins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: talk about not letting your disability get in the way
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 07:41:57 am »

Kinda reminds me of that real life bloke... He's a professional wrestler.

He aint got legs below the knee, and I think he's got stumps just under the elbow. And he kicks 'able-bodied' peoples' asses.

Mainly because wrestling makes the assumption that your opponent HAS those appendages, and because he doesn't, anything that uses them doesn't work on him.

Ah, Here he is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xhVaoi7_TI

Fishbulb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 08:17:37 am »

Aw man. Just a couple days ago I euthanized a similar dwarf who lost his hands to a tantrum, because I got sick of the "cancels everything: no bloody hands" spam announcements. I feel bad now.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 10:53:29 am »

I disassembled my three-loom silk processing plant, because of continuous "cancels web collection:Can't find path" spam. No one died, but I lost some faith in Dwarf Fortress.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 11:03:13 am »

he will rest in a legendary tomb alongside the tombs of the nobility

You dare bury this hero next to NOBLES?
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 11:03:28 am »

[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 11:31:39 am »

How inspiring. I should tell this story to my lazy dwarf who refuses to get out of bed now that he is missing one foot. I mean come on, if you're not going to use a crutch you could still hop across the fort.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Johnny Madhouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 11:47:35 am »

You may want to do a little spouse selection: dwarves will fall for other dwarves who share their beliefs more readily.
Useless migrants go the Culling Burrow.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 04:01:55 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:40:45 pm by Bronimin »

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010, 04:53:22 pm »

Why only one spouse? Give him all of them.

Also, how is this thread not locked yet?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 05:54:17 pm »

How inspiring. I should tell this story to my lazy dwarf who refuses to get out of bed now that he is missing one foot. I mean come on, if you're not going to use a crutch you could still hop across the fort.
I found that if no constructed bed exists, wounded dwarves will be forced to get up and do something. If you want to go through the trouble of destroying every bed in the fortress and the unhappy thoughts this is a very viable option for the pansy dwarves.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 05:59:00 pm »

I found that if no constructed bed exists, wounded dwarves will be forced to get up and do something. If you want to go through the trouble of destroying every bed in the fortress and the unhappy thoughts this is a very viable option for the pansy dwarves.

Brilliant
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2010, 06:04:02 pm »

Brilliant
I found this out mostly by accident. In my fortress of 100 dwarves about a month ago an ambush came and the goblins stabbed a miner, he halued his ass to a bed and stayed in it for years. In a new fortress about a month ago a cave-in caused a miner to get wounded and we had no beds so he just stood up and continued to mine, pretty much brushing off the accident.

Until he died of infection, but meh.

Fishbulb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 07:58:15 pm »

I attempted to mod my dwarves to heal from nerve damage. I've got a dwarf in hospital now with "ability to stand lost" and "motor nerve damage" from a severed nerve in the left foot.

He's been there a year. I decided that I didn't have the patience to wait for the healing to happen — if I even modded them right! — and locked him in his hospital room to starve. The resulting tantrum spiral brought down my fort so … well, yes. I savescummed back to the start of the season. Because I'll be damned if Little Spanky McBedRidden is going to be the catalyst for doom. Again.

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2010, 03:11:49 am »

oh when he dies you should castrate him and donate his balls to !!science!!
Truly, the greatest way of honoring your fallen heroes.
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2010, 03:41:01 am »

Make him a black uniform and an iron helm so he can at least do a good impression of the Monty Python Black Knight.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.
Pages: 1 [2] 3