Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is The World Of Dwarf Fortress Horrible?

Very!
- 145 (54.7%)
A bit.
- 57 (21.5%)
Mehish.
- 24 (9.1%)
Not really.
- 11 (4.2%)
Not at all!
- 28 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 263

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Is The World Of Dwarf Fortress Horrifying?  (Read 38623 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Is The World Of Dwarf Fortress Horrifying?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 05:35:27 pm »

All things are relative.
I'm sure the dwarves are so used to it, that it seem's normal to them. The world of elf forest retreat, on the other hand, has its off moments when ever they try to trade with the local cave dwellers.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 05:41:58 pm »

All things are relative.
I'm sure the dwarves are so used to it, that it seem's normal to them. The world of elf forest retreat, on the other hand, has its off moments when ever they try to trade with the local cave dwellers.

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of why we think 40k is horrifying. The people of 40k are used to people being brutally tortured by the inquestion, and would feel out of place in our modern day world, but we think it's horrible still.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 05:45:03 pm by Fniff »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 05:45:32 pm »

Only because humans are jerks that kill EVERYTHING, other humans included. If anybody ever listened to the elder, then there would be a lot less problems. But that is me getting distracted.

Well I guess war itself is gruesome, the rest of the time, when your at peace gathering herbs, making stone crafts and digging out bedrooms it's nice. So basicaly never go past your second year and its peaches and cream.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 05:47:20 pm »

Only because humans are jerks that kill EVERYTHING, other humans included. If anybody ever listened to the elder, then there would be a lot less problems. But that is me getting distracted.

Well I guess war itself is gruesome, the rest of the time, when your at peace gathering herbs, making stone crafts and digging out bedrooms it's nice. So basicaly never go past your second year and its peaches and cream.

Unless you are in a evil biome, in which case, you are screwed.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 05:49:05 pm »

Urist McMason: Oh look, that goat over there, on the over side of the river, is a zombie! Well what do you know... Back to building this flood gate.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 05:50:03 pm »

Urist McMason: Oh look, that goat over there, on the over side of the river, is a zombie! Well what do you know... Back to building this flood gate.

Urist McMason: Oh god zombie shar--

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 05:53:11 pm »

The Eldar are douchebags who don't care about anything but themselves. If everyone listened to the eldar, everyone would end up just as extinct as the Eldar are getting, with the Eldar profiting from it. There are no good guys in 40k.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 05:55:55 pm »

The Eldar are douchebags who don't care about anything but themselves. If everyone listened to the eldar, everyone would end up just as extinct as the Eldar are getting, with the Eldar profiting from it. There are no good guys in 40k.

Apart from the Necrons.

What? The only way you could save that damn galaxy is by killing everything in it, and then setting fire to remains. Maybe everything would actually go well then.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010, 05:59:03 pm »

What? The only way you could save that damn galaxy is by killing everything in it, and then setting fire to remains. Maybe everything would actually go well then.

Settle down, Seymour.

But anyway, the elders plans usely don't involve the death of others unless needed for there race to survive. All humans are all about nobody surviving, the necrons even more so, the tau arn't so bad, but it comes down to die by us or die for us, the orks are orks...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 06:00:55 pm »

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 06:05:18 pm »

The Eldar created a god of Chaos through sheer debauchery!  I don't think anyone should take any advice from them!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2010, 06:05:57 pm »

The Eldar created a god of Chaos through sheer debauchery!  I don't think anyone should take any advice from them!

Apart from sex advice. Bah dum tish.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 06:10:49 pm »

There is something awesome about making gods...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 06:14:38 pm »

There is something awesome about making gods...

Here is the thing about 40k that doesn't make any sense.

Why doesn't humanity have any gods? I mean, the Emperor kinda counts, but what about that weird techy god that the Adeptus Mechanicus worships? Where the hell is that thing?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2010, 06:19:14 pm »

Best not question humans, there too freeking insane to make any sence. Orks are the most reasonable of all of them. They want to fight? They fight. They need a tank? They put one together. They need better weapons? They look in the pile.'

Logical and reasonable. Most likely why elder oftern work with Orks, rather then with humans.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7