Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Fantasy Map Maker (Photoshop Action Script)  (Read 107545 times)

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Map Maker (Photoshop Action Script)
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2011, 08:30:04 am »

quite a sort of necroing, but giving this a try...think of the possibilities outside df.
You grab the random map generator of df and the visualizer with the legends...you can create infinite fantasy worlds even for other things like dungeon and dragons and the like!.
I think that's Toadys final aim for df. That users can use df for there own stuff (as we can see already in the story board)
Quote from: Toady One
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2011, 08:39:06 am »

quite a sort of necroing, but giving this a try...think of the possibilities outside df.
You grab the random map generator of df and the visualizer with the legends...you can create infinite fantasy worlds even for other things like dungeon and dragons and the like!.
I think that's Toadys final aim for df. That users can use df for there own stuff (as we can see already in the story board)
Quote from: Toady One
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator.

nice, it's like the epicness and vastity of dwarf fortress mode or adventure mode are speckles in the Universality of the other possibilities.
it's like playing oblivion, vanilla, for years, and then when you know all nook and crannys of it they show you tesnexus for the mods...and then you start crying. of joy.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2011, 03:44:00 am »

I get "Cannot find -b"  in  the View bat, what was the coding that needed to be fixed to get it to work (My program files still has the space in it)  for the GIMP script.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 03:47:41 am by Kaelem Gaen »

Nobbins

• Bay Watcher
  • Dustland
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2012, 05:31:22 pm »

I too get a "Windows cannot find '-b'" for CreateView.bat and a "Windows cannot find '-d'" for CreateSave.bat. Is there any solution for this? (Windows 7)
Nobbins's Tileset Shoppe
It would mean that once a year, all of your female cats suddenly explode if there are any male cats around.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2012, 05:58:54 am »

sheesh i had that problem and solved it, but so much time passed...
there was an option somewhere. to "untick" something.
...try and retry.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2012, 09:43:48 am »

Never saw that anyone was having a problem, but its fixed now. Download the new version or just copy paste replace these new lines

For CreateSave:
Code: [Select]
start /wait "" %gimpLocation% -d -f -i -b "(create-save \"%water%\" \"%elevation%\" \"%vegatation%\" \"%volcanism%\" \"%temperature%\" \"%biome%\" \"%trees%\" \"%dirt%\" \"%mountains%\" \"%outputFile%\")"

For CreateView:
Code: [Select]
start /wait "" %gimpLocation% -b "(create-view \"%water%\" \"%elevation%\" \"%vegatation%\" \"%volcanism%\" \"%temperature%\" \"%biome%\" \"%trees%\" \"%dirt%\" \"%mountains%\")"

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2013, 07:57:41 am »

For the GIMP script - is there some way to make this play nicely with the png conversion tool included with DF?  At the moment you have to move images around to make the next map if compression is involved; I use make map in the folder maps are exported to, then run compress bitmaps - but to do it again, I have to replace the now-compressed trees/mountains/dirt bitmaps each time. 

One solution would be if it's possible to set the source images in a subfolder, and then optipng would just miss them - I have no idea how to add this kind of redirect to the script or .bat though.  Another would be to make it take the inputs as .png images, but I imagine this would be more difficult.  Any suggestions?

Edit: a better solution I found is to edit the 'compress-bitmaps' batch file to replace "*.bmp" (any .bmp file) with "*egion*.bmp" (any .bmp file with 'egion' as part of the name, which includes all exported files and the processed map but not the seed images) in each of the places it occurs. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:02:42 pm by PeridexisErrant »
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2013, 02:50:08 pm »

Well that was a necro

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2013, 03:26:08 am »

Oh man, this is cool!  How did I miss this back in 2010?
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2013, 05:05:22 am »

I don't have photoshop, so I'm not included in the limited audience.   :P
I know that Other Picture Editing Software Is Available.  Does someone knowledgeable have any info on whether this could be made to work for GIMP or any of the other (free) suites that are available out there?
I know absolutely nothing about ps action scripts and their portability, or otherwise.  So I shan't be the one to answer my own question.

GIMP opens .psd files of course. As for the action script, IIRC there's a plugin for GIMP that allows some compatibility with action script, though I don't think it's complete. I assume google can help you a bit more with that. Alternatively, you could look at the action script and try to replicate its functionality with GIMP's script thingy.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2013, 05:06:25 am »

Somebody already converted this script to GIMP long ago.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2013, 06:32:19 am »

Oh Jesus fuck, I'm an idiot. Didn't notice the dates. Opened the thread and thought it only had one page.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2013, 07:52:13 am »

Oh Jesus fuck, I'm an idiot. Didn't notice the dates. Opened the thread and thought it only had one page.

Do not worry, this topis deserves well timed ressurect every so often :-)

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2013, 10:35:38 pm »

Shouldn't this be moved to the "Utilities and 3rd Party Applications" section?  I think it would probably get better attention there.
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2013, 10:44:41 pm »

neat little tool. I just dislike how it forces you to use the C drive directly and the borders get a little grainy when going for larger maps but this should help with my dnd games :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6