Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A question about starting equipment and weapons.  (Read 1114 times)

Fgw_wolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A question about starting equipment and weapons.
« on: December 16, 2010, 04:11:15 am »

Not entirely sure this is the right place but here goes.

Is it possible to edit the raw data so that you can start with better equipment?

And is it possible to edit weapons to give yourself a weapon with unique properties like a sword that has dragonfire attached to it so it burns whatever it cuts?

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: A question about starting equipment and weapons.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 04:32:41 am »

I'm not a code junkie so...

1. Mod the race to only make and use steel/adamantine/whatever level equipment and your adventurer of that race will start with it.

2. Probably. IIRC there are unused tags in the raws for fire and frost.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Fgw_wolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 04:43:11 am »

1. Mod the race to only make and use steel/adamantine/whatever level equipment and your adventurer of that race will start with it.

Ah that could work, I'm a complete noob when it comes to editing this stuff so I figured I'd try and then I looked at it and found out I had no idea what I would even do to start messing with that.

Also any idea how I would go about doing either of those things cause I have no idea.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 04:45:37 am by Fgw_wolf »

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 07:38:25 am »

1. Nope. Not at the moment, anyway.

2. Not yet. That's going to be in the Magic Arc, whenever that comes around. You can fake things which have similar effects (pretty much a metal which is always very hot, and can only be made by you), but it's a long and complicated procedure and the effects are underwhelming.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 08:21:14 am »

Actually...

1. They'll still always spawn with a bronze large dagger, and I think that so long as other materials are available in the raws, they still will use materials not listed in the entity file for starting weaponry, for some reason. This actually makes me wonder what would happen if I modded bronze totally out of the game, with the dagger hardcoded to be bronze...

2. Those tags don't do anything. However the poster above is right, though there's a fair few more things that can be done, provided the weapon gets stuck, I think. I know that's how applying syndromes work with arrows, is that they HAVE to be lodged in the enemy or melt in the reaction-casters' hands for those rare few complicated, rigged-up magic systems xD

And at any rate, this thread needs to be moved to the modding forum.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 08:24:45 am by inEQUALITY »
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 08:57:15 pm »

The easiest way to do it is to mod in reactions that create the items you want.  My adventurer currently has a full set of masterpiece adamantine armors and weapons.  He is also legendary in the use of all weapons, and most everything else relevant to an adventurer.

It should be noted that you can not produce usable handwear at this time.  Handwear requires a left/right and the reactions do not provide a way to specify that.

There is a mod for producing fire arrows.  They have to be thrown or fired immediately after creation or they will kill your adventurer.  Just wait for the Magic Arc, it should allow more ineresting things.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.