Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf fortress appears to have lost its mind.  (Read 1006 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Dwarf fortress appears to have lost its mind.
« on: December 17, 2010, 01:25:54 am »

This will be done better by showing off reactions, as I have no words. (And I need troubleshooting anyway, because there is clearly something wrong here)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This, when it makes anything, makes one hundred iron hilt spikes. That's all well and good, but I want it to make 1.

This makes a bronze crossbow. It will also accept bronze crossbows. So in essence all it does is eat a hilt spike. You may notice there is nothing about crossbows in it. (the custom weapon is a bronze short sword with an extra stab attack instead of a pommel strike.)

This has never done anything and is for testing purposes as you may have guessed.

This makes bronze crossbows. It made a bronze short sword once. I have changed nothing inbetween the instances.

Also, no errors involving duplicate entries in the raws have shown up. Some cropped up early, but they no longer do. If anything, fixing them made things more nonsensical.

I am... baffled.

kwd1968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf fortress appears to have lost its mind.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 01:44:46 am »

ok....

bars are special... they have a [PRODUCT DIMNENSION:150] tagged on to them that makes them slightly different to use and are probably the root of some of your evil as well you're missing a none at end of product and the bar has no subtype.

second reaction you have some extra nones in alot of your reactions, the one after bronze in this one is unneeded, and you're missing the none at the end of the product line...

third one should work fine... might just be because it's got alot of wrongness around it...

last one has again an extra none at end of product line that doesn't need to be there

other than that, make sure you've got your names right for the weapons and toys and it should work fine

« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 01:47:55 am by kwd1968 »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 01:58:54 am »

Well, I have no excuse for not knowing about the product dimension as I recalled it after you explained it. All the none issues are entirely my fault as well.

Sorry about that.  :-[

Thanks!

Edit: Okay, that's fixed everything about it except that the fourth reaction seems to be making maces now.

Edit: Also the second reaction made a bronze mace after the third one made a bronze mace for the first time, despite making a short sword before.

All of the raw entries spelling and whatnot are fine, by the way.

It seems to actually be making random bronze weapons for some reason. Errorlog isn't logging anything.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 02:09:35 am by Seriyu »

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 02:13:21 am »

Change ITEM_WEAPON_SHORT_SWORD to ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 02:28:56 am »

Woooow, I need to stop modding at the wee hours of the morning. I'll be sure to double check these things before asking questions from now on.