Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124]

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 133282 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #1845 on: March 22, 2019, 12:56:44 pm »

I normally get tired of these or distracted, but I find myself wanting to play one of those web-based incremental management games. Sorta like the global economic simulator or the empire builders where you can only really do a few things per day. Unfortunately, I've forgotten their names. Anyone currently playing something that fits this bill?

The best one:  http://www.decisionproblem.com/paperclips/
Avid gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #1846 on: March 22, 2019, 01:12:42 pm »

The best one:  http://www.decisionproblem.com/paperclips/

Oh I should have mentioned I'm thinking more of those "MMO" style ones where you interact with a large community. Start on a tile, expand, form alliances, etc. Or you run a country, or you run a business. I can't quite remember any of the names. Also, paperclips is the best and I'm like 3/2 after finding it again recently.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: March 22, 2019, 01:22:05 pm »

Oh right, I misunderstood.  I don't know a lot of those sorry!
Avid gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: March 22, 2019, 02:31:35 pm »

I normally get tired of these or distracted, but I find myself wanting to play one of those web-based incremental management games. Sorta like the global economic simulator or the empire builders where you can only really do a few things per day. Unfortunately, I've forgotten their names. Anyone currently playing something that fits this bill?

Earth20...25? And whatever site hosted that hosted a bunch of others, but I don't know if the host itself is still around. Swirve?

Might be a place to start with google.

I think I've seen a thread or two about a couple empire-building browser games in this forum.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: March 26, 2019, 01:32:20 am »

Any games out there where you can play a character with literally hundreds of skills that can be trained? Something along the lines of "you can experience the entire world if you play a few dozen times".

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • A big guy, for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: March 26, 2019, 01:35:58 am »

Any games out there where you can play a character with literally hundreds of skills that can be trained? Something along the lines of "you can experience the entire world if you play a few dozen times".
F.A.T.A.L
Bay12: Where a discussion about a man's anus manage to be Lovecraftian.
you sir, deserve a medal. this is the dawn of a new age of child trauma.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: March 26, 2019, 02:01:16 am »

F.A.T.A.L
Fantasy Adventure to Adult Lechery, described as "the Date Rape RPG... without the dating". Sounds like it checks out!

While their page is down, it's still available via Internet Archive: http://web.archive.org/web/20030420125511/http://www.hyperbooks.com/fatal/fatal.pdf

(I am also tremendously disappointed that I misread a line, not that the line is really weird: "The anakim has skin that radiates heat fromfor one foot.")
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124]