Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 540998 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2670 on: December 16, 2014, 09:34:30 pm »

Gave in and ran a quick test, and I'm having some issues with it, too. It freezes a few seconds after I try to load a game, and it also freezes when I hit Quit at the main menu.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: December 16, 2014, 09:35:26 pm »

Gave in and ran a quick test, and I'm having some issues with it, too. It freezes a few seconds after I try to load a game, and it also freezes when I hit Quit at the main menu.

Freezing when you hit quit is a known issue. If you've got a save that's failing to load, I'd love a copy to unormal at gmail.com, or otherwise.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: December 16, 2014, 09:49:00 pm »

Is CoQ alive again?

* Arcvasti puts on his Sunday clothes and begins breakdancing

If so, there is one major complaint I have with CoQ[No idea if still relevant. This is with an old version]:

If you hold down an arrow key and then let go, it still queues up the move actions for you and you can go several map tiles[And possibly die] before you regained control of your character. One of the main sources of YASD for me, besides walking into the invisible burning residue of my own pyrokinesis and burning to death. That said, this is an awesome game which I am glad to see is still a thing.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: December 16, 2014, 09:49:55 pm »

Freezing when you hit quit is a known issue. If you've got a save that's failing to load, I'd love a copy to unormal at gmail.com, or otherwise.

Roger that, uh... where are the save files.
(I'm so bad at this)

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: December 16, 2014, 09:50:31 pm »

I used steam key 7QCYF-JE5Y8-EB72H (apparently they're not all used up, or more are being added!)
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: December 16, 2014, 09:52:33 pm »

Roger that, uh... where are the save files.
(I'm so bad at this)

Depends on the platform; if you open up the log:

Mac OS X   ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
Windows   _EXECNAME_Data_\output_log.txt
Linux   ~/.config/unity3d/CompanyName/ProductName/Player.log

The top lines (or at least some lines if you search for save) will tell you the save path.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:55:46 pm by unormal »

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: December 16, 2014, 09:56:31 pm »

I wouldn't mind attempting to test an Android version of the game; I have an ASUS TF701T and a Galaxy S5 to run off it.

I'll attempt to get a Steam key if Steam ever allows me to log in. They seem to be having server issues at the moment.
I've got an Android as well and would be interested in testing an Android version if one is attempted.  Most modern ones have a gig of memory or more, so I think CoQ's 130+ MB might not be as much of a problem as you'd think.

(The input, of course, might be a bit tricky.  But I'd like to see a paid Steam or Android version, partially because I assume that making money off CoQ would allow you to devote more time to it!)
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: December 16, 2014, 10:21:25 pm »

I grabbed 8GN0Y-T8EMC-R2H8V.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: December 16, 2014, 10:26:50 pm »

I managed to take IZQ8P-JHE93-28W4E

So... Does this mean I have the game for good now or is this just a beta test thing?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: December 16, 2014, 10:27:05 pm »

I managed to take IZQ8P-JHE93-28W4E

So... Does this mean I have the game for good now or is this just a beta test thing?

These will translate into release keys.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: December 16, 2014, 10:39:42 pm »

Steam is back up for me, unfortunately it looks like all the remaining keys got nabbed.

I'll hope for another test run at a later date; I played the hell out of this a few years ago. I very distinctly remember dying at the bottom of Golgotha,  after beating the boss of the area, due to multiple wounds and other complications. Like turrets creating more wounds. And I think a flamethrower crash.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:10:56 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: December 17, 2014, 01:55:57 am »

First bug report for the Steam / Unity version!  It seems like choosing "continue" on the main menu when you have no saves causes the game to hang.

Also, it seems like the plus and minus keys are reversed when trading.

Quitting dialog with Argyve using 'escape' after shopping with him doesn't seem to work right; it still shows the dialog window open even though it isn't.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:29:27 am by Aquillion »

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: December 17, 2014, 09:42:56 am »

Anyone else get the HP bar refresh issue? Or is it only on my system?
To test, just get hit and force a screen refresh by going into a menu, your hp should then change to the actual value.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: December 17, 2014, 11:28:44 am »

Anyone else get the HP bar refresh issue? Or is it only on my system?
To test, just get hit and force a screen refresh by going into a menu, your hp should then change to the actual value.

There's still several refresh issues, for sure. I'll be hammering out some fixes this weekend.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: December 19, 2014, 05:50:55 pm »

[CoQ Steam 12-19-2014]
*Fixed an issue where games failed to load.
*Fixed an issue where sidebar state (i.e. hitpoints) was not correctly refreshed at the start of a turn
*Disabled some debug keys (that were causing the screen to stop refreshing for people)
*Fixed an issue where you couldn't launch on 64-bit Linux from the steam client
*Fixed keypad + and - being reversed in some cases
*Changed options to use a json data file in the save directory instead of the windows registry
*Removed registration check

e:
[CoQ Steam 12-19-2014]
*Fixed light manipulation not manipulating light
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 06:28:41 pm by unormal »
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 250