Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 541519 times)

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #3600 on: July 16, 2017, 07:20:18 am »

Espers are now being watched.
[redacted]
[redacted]
[redacted]
[redacted]
[redacted]
New item mod that shows up in very particular circumstances: extradimensional.
[redacted]
[redacted]
[redacted]
[redacted]
You can choose to watch the psyches of your enemies radiate into nothingness.
[redacted]
[redacted]
[redacted]
[redacted]
[redacted]
[redacted]
[redacted]
New food item: humble pie. Why be full of yourself when you can just be full?
Get-item dialogs now display your total weight.
Fixed some issues while displaying some non-standard ASCII characters in the new UI.
Circuitry-obsessed sultans now wire things to other things instead of just wiring things to themselves.
Fixed an occasional exception in combat.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: July 16, 2017, 04:09:29 pm »

Just chiming in to say thank you for continuing to post these - it's all awesome and I love seeing all the updates. It also saves me a trip to the steam page which is always appreciated!
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: July 16, 2017, 06:16:49 pm »

Yeah, right on, getter77.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: July 17, 2017, 08:01:34 am »

Heh, it warms the heart to see how far this topic has come since the start---what a journey it has and continues to be.    :)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:13:23 am by getter77 »

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: July 17, 2017, 09:34:11 am »

Oh, just to report a discovery regarding cybernetic credit wedges and where you can now access them easiest:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: July 22, 2017, 06:54:33 am »

Extradimensional items now have a very small chance to appear anywhere.
Changed faction encounters with the Seekers of the Sightless Way. Instead of traveling in mind-melting esper packs, legendary seekers now travel with various kinds of psychic thralls.
Added new book: Disquisition on the Malady of the Mimic.
Added a new note on a sheet of paper, lost to its owner, gathering dust somewhere in Qud.
You can now properly learn mental mutations during certain water ritual encounters if you're an esper.
You can no longer learn mental mutations during water ritual encounters if you're a chimera.
You can no longer equip a light torch from the ground into your thrown weapon slot and have it remain lit.
Tinkering directly from a data disk now properly uses any required ingredients
Staircases and pathways between maps are now more common in cave systems.
Changed the value of the bloodstained goatskin parchment sheaf and excluded it from dynamic encounters.
Fixed some issues caused by gaining a new mutation that had already been granted to you by a relic.
Bookshelves will now be auto-looted during auto-explore.
Added a new user option to enable or disable auto-loot of bookshelves.
[modding] Added a new part, HasThralls, that can be added to a creature to give them psychic thralls of around their level.
[modding] Added a new part, UniqueWithAlternative. An object with this part only spawns once. If it would spawn again, instead another object spawns in its place. You can define the alternative object in the part property named "Alternative".
[modding] Added a new JukedObject and WasJuked events, which are fired on the juker and the jukee when juke is used to swap with combat objects.
[modding] Added a new ChargedTarget and WasCharged events, which are fired on the charger and the target

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: July 23, 2017, 03:33:35 pm »

Hmm, interesting Esper nerfs. I wonder what 'Espers are now watched' means...

BronzeElemental

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: July 27, 2017, 08:58:58 am »

You find origami unicorns everywhere

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: July 27, 2017, 06:46:44 pm »

Doing pretty well, got a level 11 apostle going. His shtick is Beguile and Dominate. The idea is I thrall somebody, then as the thrall gains experience, I can Dominate them to give them the opportunity to use the attribute points, mutation points, and skill points that the AI doesn't normally spend. The end result for me: Snapjaw warrior/warlord(not sure which), two cal... whatever that blue stuff... hammers, Charge, opening Cudgel skill tree bits, and of course level 6 Adrenaline Manipulation or whatever it's called. With amazing results. Mainly because the AI doesn't fall asleep because of adrenaline overdose(pretty sure this is a bug), and it never ever decrements adrenaline level, keeping it at 5 all the time. The end result being ridiculously fast smashy-smasher killing enemies all over the place and netting me and him loads of EXP. Also it can charge huge distances when the max for the player is 2-3. Another possible bug.

But hey, it's fun!

Meanwhile, I support with a desert rifle(and on occasion a shotgun), my many apostle scary scary powers(Berate, Intimidate, Menacing Stare, helped by my steel helmet with terrifying visage), Confusion and Clairvoyance(the first of which I haven't even used yet) and other stuff.

It's worked so far.

Now only if I knew where that magical time bracelet I learned about was(well, I know where it is, I just don't know where it is... but such is life).
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: July 29, 2017, 06:51:23 am »

Added framework for new cybernetics system (coming soon).
Equippable painted and engraved items now grant bonus reputation with the cult that worships the depicted sultan.
Added a prototype trade screen to the new UI that's mouseable/touchable.
Switch the tiles for tanglewood tree and swarmshade tree.
Added a new tile for humble pie.
Added new descriptions for the following plants.
urberry
brinestalk
tanglewood tree
swarmshade tree
Removed Pax Klanq from dynamic encounters.
You can no longer absorb the psyches of clones.
Negative reputation values now always display as negative numbers on the Reputation screen.
Fixed several issues that caused item-granted reputation bonuses to remain after the items were unequipped.
Fixed some grammar issues with the worldmap tiles.
Fixed an issue where system objects would gain status effects (e.g., "CanyonMarker falls asleep").
Fixed an issue that caused forced secondary attack to not occur when you used abilities like Flurry.
Creature AI now responds better when friendly creatures are blocking its path.
Fixed mod uploader popups being blank.
[modding] .cs files are now loaded from subdirectories in the mod folder in addition to the root folder.
[modding] Added "TemporalFugueCopied" event hook.
[modding] Added "GetPsychicGlimmer" event hook.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: July 31, 2017, 10:50:55 pm »

Doing pretty well, got a level 11 apostle going. His shtick is Beguile and Dominate. The idea is I thrall somebody, then as the thrall gains experience, I can Dominate them to give them the opportunity to use the attribute points, mutation points, and skill points that the AI doesn't normally spend. The end result for me: Snapjaw warrior/warlord(not sure which), two cal... whatever that blue stuff... hammers, Charge, opening Cudgel skill tree bits, and of course level 6 Adrenaline Manipulation or whatever it's called. With amazing results. Mainly because the AI doesn't fall asleep because of adrenaline overdose(pretty sure this is a bug), and it never ever decrements adrenaline level, keeping it at 5 all the time. The end result being ridiculously fast smashy-smasher killing enemies all over the place and netting me and him loads of EXP. Also it can charge huge distances when the max for the player is 2-3. Another possible bug.

But hey, it's fun!

Meanwhile, I support with a desert rifle(and on occasion a shotgun), my many apostle scary scary powers(Berate, Intimidate, Menacing Stare, helped by my steel helmet with terrifying visage), Confusion and Clairvoyance(the first of which I haven't even used yet) and other stuff.

It's worked so far.

Now only if I knew where that magical time bracelet I learned about was(well, I know where it is, I just don't know where it is... but such is life).

I've been trying to figure out allies recently. Is Dominate the only way to see their stats and skills and such? I've acquired several allies with proselytize and enjoyed watching them level up and get decked out with all the gear I give them (how can an eyeless crab use a musket, by the way? lmao), but they inevitably die due to being unable to command them more intricately... or so I think. There's still a ton of things I don't know about this game.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: August 01, 2017, 07:21:32 am »

Yeah, unless something's been added since the last time I played, dominate's the only way to get access to a minion's level-up stuff. Is why if you're planning on doing basically anything with minions (that isn't plantspam, anyway), you take dominate.

Iirc you don't even have to put points into it afterwards. Just need that one so you can fiddle with things.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: August 02, 2017, 04:32:52 pm »

Beguile-Dominate combo is awesome.

Then that character took a seed to the face and died. Oh sorrow.

Now I'm playing a True Kin Child of the Hearth.

Getting Slam so early is awesome. Enemies don't seem to enjoy being punted through walls.

Also, the starting equipment for that in the wiki is off. I got like 8 injectors or something instead of the expected variety.

I don't mind, though.

On a related note, what happens when you melee attack somebody with an injector? Like, say, a love injector?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: August 05, 2017, 06:57:04 am »

We're trying out a change to how Willpower works. It now modifies the cooldowns of all activated abilities, not just mental mutations. Each point of Willpower above 16 decreases cooldowns by 5%, down to a minimum 20% of the original cooldown or a minimum 5 rounds. Likewise, each point of Willpower below 16 increases cooldowns by 5%.
We reduced the power level of Freezing Hands and (to a lesser degree) Flaming Hands.
Freezing Hands: reduced the magnitude of the temperature decrease and reduced damage from (level)d4 to (level)d3+1.
Flaming Hands: slightly reduced the magnitude of the temperature increase and reduced damage from (level)d6 to (level)d4+1.
New liquid: sap.
Added sap to the list of potential cure ingredients for diseases and fungal infections.
Creatures now bleed appropriate blood types.
Robots now bleed oil.
Plants now bleed sap.
Oozes now bleed slime.
Fixed an issue that caused shields to not apply their AV bonuses when you blocked an attack.
Made the Berate messages more sensible.
Fixed the reputation formatting on the Reputation screen for factions that love you.
Fixed engraved and painted items occasionally spawning with no historical events depicted.
You no longer get "x pours out all over you" messages when other creatures get liquids poured on them.
Fixed an issue causing cloned liquid volumes to share the source volume's liquid mixture.
[modding]Added the following tags to specify what blood type a creature uses.
BleedLiquid, ex: <tag Name="BleedLiquid" Value="sap-1000"></tag>
BleedColor, ex: <tag Name="BleedColor" Value="&amp;W"></tag>
BleedPrefix, ex: <tag Name="BleedPrefix" Value="&amp;Wsappy"></tag>

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: August 06, 2017, 06:30:17 pm »

Currently running an attempt at a mutated gunslinger, picking up teleport and multiple legs for maneuvering around and kiting enemies. To get rid of the rest of the mutation points, I picked up kindle and nightvision, which have been a bit underwhelming. Nightvision is nice but I figure I could have gone for fur or something and just used a glowsphere in my offhand, but I suppose it's nice to have a secondary weapon for melee. It was also nice in the early game when I was yearning for more slugs, but that problem was solved once I got to Grit Gate and bought all the slugs from the entry merchant, since he seems to always carry around a thousand.

My character feels pretty good right about now. Leveled up multiple legs gives great movespeed, which when combined with constant pistol barrage is surprisingly effective. I was very hesitant to do Golgotha since I felt a bit under-leveled (I was about level 10 when I entered), but I decided to just sprint through the vents instead of getting caught up fighting a flood of chutecrabs and gells. The Slog fight felt tense but I realized it couldn't really catch me, so in the end it was a done deal. I did end up getting Glotrot (for the first time actually... it's super annoying), and come to think of it kindle did help me light a canteen on fire to help cure the Glotrot, but then again I could have just used a campfire. I also used it for clearing a few paths through the Golgotha ooze, so overall kindle definitely seems like a mutation that rewards creative use. I still mostly just use it as a mediocre, close-range version of clairvoyance, though.

As for now, I'm gearing up to do Bethesda Susa, which I've never done before. I figure I should aim for at least 25+ cold resist, but who knows. It's interesting to debate which current equipment I have is worth sacrificing for cold resist, but it seems like this mostly depends on what you find. Nevertheless, I'm going to focus on tinkering to hopefully get an upgrade to my borderlands pistols, and also try to get weathered from the endurance tree for Bethesda. Seems like it's time to farm the caves a bit.

Edit/Update: Just electrified my pistols, and I think that elemental mods, or at least the electrical mod, is bugged and not working on borderlands pistols. Unless it's simply reporting the extra damage as normal damage, but I'm unsure.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:06:19 pm by Repulsion »
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 250