Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 536573 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #3615 on: August 06, 2017, 10:10:25 pm »

Pretty sure the elemental weapon mods only affect melee weapons and the ability to add them to ranged weapons is a bug; considering you can't load an energy cell to power the mods.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: August 07, 2017, 09:34:59 am »

Pretty sure the elemental weapon mods only affect melee weapons and the ability to add them to ranged weapons is a bug; considering you can't load an energy cell to power the mods.

Ah, I figured. I could load an energy cell, though, it simply didn't drain.

Either way, I've discovered the terror of ogre ape stun-locking. Goodbye sweet run.

Unrelated: so are shields working now? They don't show your AV increasing, of course, but I figure if you actually get higher AV for blocking all is fine. Also, does the engraved/painted items spawning with no history apply to spawn items? Occasionally a character starts with an engraved/painted item, and it always seems like those items don't have any events either.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: August 07, 2017, 08:12:18 pm »

Minor spoilers?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, where does CoQ keep its saves? I might be traveling soon and I'd like to take them with me.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:16:17 pm by George_Chickens »
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: August 08, 2017, 01:11:29 am »

As of the August 4 update, shield do work (or so says the changelog, I haven't built a shield character recently).

Saves are stored in AppData/LocalLow/Freehold Games

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 01:14:26 am by Blaze »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: August 08, 2017, 07:05:10 pm »

Ah, I figured. I could load an energy cell, though, it simply didn't drain.

Either way, I've discovered the terror of ogre ape stun-locking. Goodbye sweet run.

Unrelated: so are shields working now? They don't show your AV increasing, of course, but I figure if you actually get higher AV for blocking all is fine. Also, does the engraved/painted items spawning with no history apply to spawn items? Occasionally a character starts with an engraved/painted item, and it always seems like those items don't have any events either.
Yeah, stunlock is a pain. It isn't a big risk with only a single ape hitting you, but two or more can stunlock you forever. The only two things I have found that work are never being hit by more then one at a time in the first place or having the skill that gives you a small passive chance to break out of a stun (note that this chance *is* fairly small (5% with 15 toughness and 10% with 20), so unless you have loads of armor they will probably kill you before it triggers).
I strongly recommend always getting the skill, because otherwise your first stunlock will result in your death basically 100% of the time.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: August 08, 2017, 07:09:45 pm »

Actually, one of my recent deaths was due to a stunlock. Though admittedly I was fairly hurt beforehand.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: August 08, 2017, 10:04:48 pm »

I strongly recommend always getting the skill, because otherwise your first stunlock will result in your death basically 100% of the time.

Yeah, just learned this firsthand with the loss of another promising run to two Equimax. The first stun let the second get in range, and even though I was an AV-focused run I was stunlocked from 65 or so HP to death. I was actually a bit speechless because I went from "no worries I'll pop a Witchwood bark and sprint away" to "aw geez" in the span of a few seconds.

Qud is a harsh and fickle mistress. Sometimes there's thousands of drams of honey in your first Sultan lair and sometimes you lose your way and get dropped right next to a Legendary Seeker in the salt pans. In my most recent run I had opened up the cudgel skill tree and then found a Gaslight Kris right afterwards at Red Rock 1, and since I have nearly equivalent STR and AGI I'm considering just switching over to shortblades. Then again, maybe I should go for a dual wielding hybrid... endless options, but the principal matter is living to fulfill them  :P
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 10:10:04 pm by Repulsion »
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: August 12, 2017, 07:03:28 am »

Added a new item: phase-shift grenade. It shifts the dimensional phase of everything in its area of effect.
    Added a new geological transition in very deep caverns.
    Added a UI option to display a message in the message log whenever you're in combat and your turn starts.
    Added a debug option to disable the limit of one defect per character.
    Missile weapon descriptions now display additional statistics, including weapon skill type, number of projectiles per shot, ammo use, and accuracy rating.
    Added a new debug wish: curefungus. It removes all fungal infections.
    Fixed an issue that prevented non-phased creatures from passing through phased walls.
    Fixed an issue that caused your character's color not to properly change based on HP and status when the new message log was enabled.
    Fixed an issue with Mark Target's cooldown.
    Fixed an issue causing monsters to fail to properly melee attack across map boundaries.
    Fixed an issue that caused baseline neutral monsters not to attack you after you've provoked them.
    Helping Hands no longer adds additional arms when you equip it to the thrown weapon slot.
    Fixed some engraved items still not depicting a historical event.
    You can now avoid steam damage by phasing or flying over it.
    Changed the default rendering API to DX9 on Windows, which should fix some issues with low-spec machines reporting DX11 support but crashing on launch because they didn't fully support it.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: August 26, 2017, 07:41:15 am »

Added more support for upcoming Cybernetics patch: coming very soon!
You can now take notes on the world map. If you recently left a particular map from the worldmap tile you're standing on, the note is added to that map. Otherwise, the note is added to the worldmap tile's center map.
Added a control for saved game management to the new UI.
Added an autoget option for books.
Reduced rocket turrets' quickness from 100 to 50.
Oil and sap-covered items can now be washed off.
Items inside containers carried by fugue clones now properly disappear eventually.
The names of items created by Psychometry-generated data disks no longer contain improper prefixes and suffixes.
Fixed an issue causing the "your skin itches" message to appear in the player's message log when NPCs were infected with spores.
Fixed an issue in the character build library UI that caused character builds to overlap with the Back button.
Fixed an issue in the character build library UI that caused builds selected via keyboard navigation to not always be scrolled into view.
Fixed an issue where the "Continue" option was displayed even when no saved games were present.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: September 02, 2017, 07:01:11 am »

8)

We replaced the old cybernetics system with a newer, much more elaborate one.
Cybernetics are still only available to true kin.
We added dozens of new cybernetic implants.
Implants are installed onto body parts at cybernetic terminals called 'becoming nooks'. Potential body parts include: head, face, body, back, arm, hands and feet. Unlike old implants, these new implants do not occupy equipment slots.
A few implants actually do occupy equipment slots.
You can view your installed implants on the new Cybernetics tab of the Equipment screen. The tab doesn't appear if you have no implants installed.
Implants must be identified before you can install them.
Only one implant can be installed per body part.
Some implants can be installed on one of several body parts.
Each implant has a license point cost associated with it. The total number of license points across all your installed implants can't exceed your license tier.
True kin start with a license tier of 2. You can upgrade your license tier at a becoming nook by spending cybernetic credits.
You can install and uninstall implants freely at a nook, as long as you remain at or below your license tier.
Uninstalled implants go into your inventory. Some implants are destroyed when uninstalled, however. Other implants can't be uninstalled. All this info is in the implant's description.
When installing implants at a becoming nook, the implants must either be in your inventory or the nook's rack.
There are some preset becoming nooks in the game. They also have the chance to appear in certain types of procedurally-generated ruins. Becoming nooks usually have implants in their nook racks.
Implants themselves can also appear as rare loot.
Per the Eaters' architecturally tastes, becoming nooks are usually found along side statues of implanted Eaters.
Most cybernetic credit wedges are now placed in preset locations throughout the world, but they also can appear as very rare loot.
True kin can pick one implant from a subset of the implants to start with at character creation.
The list of starting implants includes generic ones and a unique implant for each arcology only available to characters from that arcology.
Added a new journal category: Ruins with Becoming Nooks.
Some factions, but especially the Putus Templar, now share the locations of ruins with becoming nooks as secrets.
Balanced the Templar's water ritual credit wedge gift for the new system.
Reduced true kin's starting attributes by 2.
Added a whole bunch of minor stuff in support of this patch.
Made the night-vision visual effect more playable.
Fixed an issue with Sense Psychic and Heightened Hearing not properly showing identified object tiles.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: September 09, 2017, 06:54:50 am »

We made a few enhancements and fixed a few issues with cybernetics.
Added a new implant: force modulator.
As a true kin, you can now choose to start without cybernetics and license tier 0 in exchange for +1 Toughness.
Randomly generated true kin now occasionally start with no cybernetics.
Reduced the movespeed bonus from motorized treads from +100 to +50. The new bonus means you'll move twice as quickly as you do with 100 movespeed (each point above 100 reduces the energy cost of moving by 1%). This was the intended behavior all along.
You no longer prefer to attack with an equipped hand over your fist if you've cybernetically upgraded your fists.
You can no longer pick up becoming nooks and cybernetics racks.
Implants are no longer improperly installed when you cancel out of the installation menu.
Fixed an issue during implant installation that caused the implant to be installed on the first body part listed regardless of which body part was selected.
You now properly automatically ID artifacts when you have optical technoscanner installed.
Matter recompositer now properly teleports you to explored tiles only.
You should no longer get "the way is blocked" messages when using matter recompositer.
You no longer get a blank popup when you share secrets with Putus Templar.
Unidentified implants should no longer have "[implant]" in their names.
Fixed an issue building the new Cybernetics Ward in Bethesda Susa.
Fixed an issue causing some maps to fail to build on OS X and Linux.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: September 16, 2017, 06:52:46 am »

Putus Templar now occasionally spawn with cybernetic implants. When one does, they have the "implanted" moniker, their detail color is change, and their implants are listed in the equipment section of their description.
With Masterful Butchery, you can now butcher cybernetic implants from corpses and limbs. You usually succeed, but occasionally you rip them apart in the process.
Added human corpses.
Skillful Butchery is now a prerequisite for Masterful Butchery.
Skillful Harvestry is now a prerequisite for Masterful Harvestry.
Fixed a bug that was introduced when we changed Willpower to affect all cooldowns: Mass Mind now properly refreshes mental cooldowns instead of reducing them to 20%.
Previously, when you equipped (not installed) a cybernetic implant that took up an equipment slot when installed, you couldn't unequip it. Now you can.
Cybernetic implants no longer appear grey on the equipment screen when you simply equip them.
Fixed a bug that caused a dig power to remain in your ability list after the skulk tonic's effect wore off, if you had prerelease content enabled.
Fixed some issues with certain world seeds causing crashes.
Fixed some cases of the new cybernetics UI screens not responding to Enter or prerelease input manager mappings.
[modding] Added a new part for augmenting a creature with cybernetic implants: Cybernetics2HasRandomImplants. Its properties are ImplantChance, ImplantTable, and LicensesAtLeast. ImplantChance specifies the percentage chance the creature spawns with implants. ImplantTable specifies the population table to roll the implants from. LicensesAtLeast specifies the minimum number of license points worth of implants the creature will be generated with. Ex: <part Name="Cybernetics2HasRandomImplants" ImplantChance="25" ImplantTable="Cybernetics4" LicensesAtLeast="6"></part>

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: September 16, 2017, 10:43:46 pm »

weekly updates awesome job, how are the steam sales going i do own this so youve got my support

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: September 17, 2017, 04:14:19 am »

I came first in this week's challenge build!  Corrosive gas is my new favourite mutation!
Unfortunate that teleport-other doesn't work when you've been axe-hooked, because my high AV build kind of relied on that weasel tactic. The first troll of bethesda susa had none of it. I was welcome in mechanimist holy places too. Oh well. Still came in 1st by 10,000 points!

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: September 23, 2017, 07:19:59 am »

Added an overlay UI screen for cybernetics selection during character creation.
Removed the guaranteed credit wedge from Mafeo's inventory; we meant to remove this wedge when we gave Q Girl one, but we never did.
Autoequip no longer equips multiple torches.
Fixed an issue where fungal infections would knock cybernetic implants out of their equipment slots.
Fixed NPC templars not being recognized as True Kin by becoming nooks.
You can no longer install cybernetic implants on non-natural body parts, like the additional face slot created by two-faced helmets.
Fixed an issue serializing objects with butcherable cybernetic implants.
Fixed an issue causing autoget to not pick up closed containers of fresh water.
Fixed some issues causing autoget to cycle through fresh water puddles forever if the player didn't have room to carry more water in their inventory.
Fixed some issues causing 'w'alk and autoexplore to differ in their decisions about what hostiles they stopped for.
Fixed some issues causing autoexplore to swap with enemies, particularly turrets.
Fixed some issues causing autoexplore to not recognize hostile turrets as hostile.
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 250