Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 541284 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #525 on: January 06, 2011, 01:52:51 pm »

I don't know if glowglobes or floating glowglobes function as torches as I usually find them when I'm playing as a mutant with the mutation that allows you to see in the dark. I would assume a floating glowglobe would fit in the floating slot.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 06, 2011, 01:58:15 pm »

I'm playing a true man, so meh. I guess it comes with it's disadvantages.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 06, 2011, 01:59:57 pm »

Yeah Lanterned helm then. I've not found a glowball, but that'd probably do it too.
*Hugs*

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #528 on: January 06, 2011, 02:36:48 pm »

I picked up a glow globe (not floating unfortunately) on one of my characters and it appeared to be an unlimited turns torch. Also surprisingly useful for hitting things with.

But yeah mutants are best with the dark, night vision is cheap, light mutation comes with a laser and extra hands is good for melee as we as torch holding.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 06, 2011, 03:18:48 pm »

The globe also illuminates further than the torch.

Meanwhile, I've generated an interesting map today, I call it the corridor of death:

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 06, 2011, 03:29:07 pm »

Try pressing F9, I think that the rest of the level might've been generated separated from that corridor.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #531 on: January 06, 2011, 03:30:42 pm »

Is there some alternative to torches? I started up a melee character and I either have to sacrifice my shield of sword to be able to see anything, almost anywhere.
Glow orbs function like a torch. Floating glow orbs do as well, and don't take up a hand slot. There is a possibility of getting a helmet with a lantern, and as a mutant you could get the light manipulation ability as well.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 06, 2011, 03:42:24 pm »

Is there some alternative to torches? I started up a melee character and I either have to sacrifice my shield of sword to be able to see anything, almost anywhere.

correct me if im wrong, but cant you equip a sheild to your arm rather than hand?
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #533 on: January 06, 2011, 03:46:02 pm »

correct me if im wrong, but cant you equip a sheild to your arm rather than hand?
Only a buckler

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 06, 2011, 03:53:16 pm »

Try pressing F9, I think that the rest of the level might've been generated separated from that corridor.
I know it was, but the mag gen sometimes does levels similar to that. This is the 3rd time I get a level just like that, except this is the first time there was nothing connected to the corridor.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 06, 2011, 05:32:53 pm »

My most recent character was a 4 armed, 4 handed, winged, beaked night vision telepath. Was a marauder wielding 4 axes, 1 level away from getting the dual wield skill which I presumed would intensely increase my power. I died because I held down the wait button and next thing I knew a spark elemental came out of nowhere and killed me.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 06, 2011, 05:34:57 pm »

Two words:

Twinned Lamprey

Seriously... The most annoying thing... ever...
(Great idea for a npc, btw)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 06, 2011, 05:42:28 pm »

I was just thinking, some of the little touches in this game are amazing. Such as the name of the beaded bracelet, and lanterned helmet.
*Hugs*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 06, 2011, 05:47:10 pm »

Tip for everyone in the early game: ALWAYS pick up two-handed longswords if you aren't already. They fetch one of the two highest dram-per-pound ratio(11 drams for 5 pounds) I've ever seen in all of the common early game weapons(the other being iron longswords) and they're quite common.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 06, 2011, 09:33:26 pm »

Unormal, bug; Target Rifles can still fire without any ammo loaded.

Also, aren't Target Rifles a little redundant if they're(as far as I can tell) exactly the same as Desert Rifles?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 250