Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bibanmozib: a mighty axe named... Ballswallowed?  (Read 4703 times)

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bibanmozib: a mighty axe named... Ballswallowed?
« on: December 17, 2010, 05:19:58 pm »

...alright.  Weaponsmith gets hit with a fey mood.  He grabs adamantine and has a preference for battle axes, so I think yes! and brace myself for an awesome artifact weapon.  He grabs three rough light yellow diamonds (which turned into a generic encrusting, encircling bands, and an image of the ascension of a civ queen in the year 226), some cat leather, cat bones, cow bones, acacia, and gets to work.  Time passes...

Rigoth Dorenstakud, Weaponsmith, has created Bibanmozib, a adamantine battleaxe!

Biban...?  What a funny name.  Time to check this out!

uh.

"Ballswallowed"

As in, the swallowing of balls.

On the item is an image of Ilral Pagedold the dwarf and dwarves in light yellow diamond.  The artwork relates to the ascension of the dwarf Ilral Pagedold to the position of queen of the Brilliant Labors in 226.

Ballswallowed.

You know, it IS an artifact and all, but I really just don't know if I'm going to have one of my heroes carry this thing around...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 11:46:49 pm by shadowform »
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
Re: Bibanmozib
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 05:42:03 pm »

Also, it depics the ascension of a queen. One is left to wonder if it hints at how she got that post.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 05:57:09 pm »

So the ascension was preceded by a slight descent?
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 05:58:33 pm »

I'd give it to my worst axedwarf as incentive.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 05:58:50 pm »

the descent was when she got on her knees and swallowed balls

as for the ascension!!...

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 08:42:21 pm »

Now this opens up a big can of imaginative worms ... was the queen, by any chance, a KING before the ... swallowing?
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Namfuak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 10:25:22 pm »

Now this opens up a big can of imaginative worms ... was the queen, by any chance, a KING before the ... swallowing?

Maybe the queen really IS a king, but prefers to be known as a queen. 

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 10:41:57 pm »

Maybe the queen really IS a king, but prefers to be known as a queen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDKyj35ew0E
First thing that came to mind.
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 10:43:06 pm »

I couldn't stop laughing after reading that. Still kinda giggling right now... That was the highlight of my day. Thank you, shadowform, for posting that.