Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 155462 times)

ElthMysterius

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Musician
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 11:03:08 am »

My Master Kicker dwarf racked up about 30 human kills while rampaging through a human village. Then a woodburner cut his hand off and stabbed him in the brain.

What.
"Strike the earth!"
"A section of the cavern has collapsed"
"Your fortress has crumbled to its end"
Yeah, in the future you probably shouldn't strike the earth quite so hard

Maxxeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 01:00:06 pm »

My most acheived hero so far, with numerous  kills and a huge army of followers just died.

I was ambushed by kobold.

Which was fine and they all died quickly. What I overlooked was the horse that was with them.

headkick OHKO.

A horse..?  Damn...

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2010, 05:47:45 pm »

Seeing as I'm just getting into Adventure mode I'm pretty sure I'm suffering from "NIWID" (No Idea What I'm Doing) Syndrome. 

AKA I went for a stroll.

At night.

Alone.

With a dress and an iron scimitar in my name.

You can guess how that ended.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2010, 06:59:38 pm »

Seeing as I'm just getting into Adventure mode I'm pretty sure I'm suffering from "NIWID" (No Idea What I'm Doing) Syndrome. AKA I went for a stroll. At night. Alone. With a dress and an iron scimitar in my name.

You can guess how that ended.
Hilarity?

Anyway, I was killed by my custom made Chimera megabeast...by being launched in the air several times & getting smashed by gravity resulting in broken bones & lots'a pain. Then It took a bolt stuck in my arm & stabbed me with it...fun.

My Chimera's have:
- firebreath AND a deadly "gust" attack (basically he can breathe out powerful cave-in dust....at you and anyone within radius, like your whole team. The luckiest one can get is to simply be pushed by it.)
- 2 heads with horns
- 3 tails with poisonous stingers each. Also each tail can grab, choke & throw
- Wings for flying and pincers for pinching your head off
- has innate skills & special attributes like NOPAIN and such

So I guess it passed my test...A new addition to my mad mad worlds.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2010, 09:11:35 pm »

My peasant swordsman started out pretty good. I had three allies, a wrestler, a pikeman, and a lasher. I had already killed several night creatures, and I was thinking, "Fear the night... yeah right. Those guys are pushovers." So I took on an outlaw quest, hoping for a harder fight. The "master" had only ONE ally, whom we killed in seconds. The master herself was tough, but once I severed her leg's motor nerves and forced her to the ground, I thought she was as good as done. Wrong. Suddenly, she took her hammer, which she was still holding, despite tons of damage to her hands and arms, and smashed me in the hand with it. It apparently jammed bone through bone, and I lost grip of my weapon. She immediately made another strike to my HEAD, killing me instantaneously. I never saw it coming.

____
       :     ____
___ :    !        !___
  []        !____!__/ !
************     !
                       !

If you can't tell what that is, that would be me at the computer after this happened.

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2010, 09:47:37 pm »

My peasant swordsman started out pretty good. I had three allies, a wrestler, a pikeman, and a lasher. I had already killed several night creatures, and I was thinking, "Fear the night... yeah right. Those guys are pushovers." So I took on an outlaw quest, hoping for a harder fight. The "master" had only ONE ally, whom we killed in seconds. The master herself was tough, but once I severed her leg's motor nerves and forced her to the ground, I thought she was as good as done. Wrong. Suddenly, she took her hammer, which she was still holding, despite tons of damage to her hands and arms, and smashed me in the hand with it. It apparently jammed bone through bone, and I lost grip of my weapon. She immediately made another strike to my HEAD, killing me instantaneously. I never saw it coming.

Little did Urist McThinkshewon know that the outlaw was merely playing possum..

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2010, 10:52:30 pm »

I keep dying to dragons.  But I want to dual-wield dragons.
Just coz' it's possible.
Question:  Can red wounds heal?  My guy cant stand anymore, but I dunno how to get him healed.
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2010, 11:17:04 pm »

If he has 'Lost the ability to stand'(press z then h to find out), then you best grab a crutch and keep on fighting soldier. sorry to say he may have a crippled body.. but not a crippled heart.

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2010, 11:24:51 pm »

Yeah, he lost his ability to walk.  Doesn't matter much though, because he's a BEAST thrower and archer.

EDIT:  and with a crutch, he still has speed at 1603.  :o

EDIT2:  Woops, wrong stat.  He's still at 1000-ish.  Great.

And now he's dead, coz I forgot I had no followers and tried to kill a dragon.
Managed to mangle the dragon then got kicked.  I kinda.... catsplosioned.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 11:36:03 pm by Saetar33 »
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

lifehole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2010, 09:03:29 am »

I just started with my demigod master kicker for fun, and I started the game, got two followers from a fortress , went to kill my first outlaw, I was doig good, fighting off swordsmen and stuff, but then, I get hit by an arrow. And another. And another. And another. I got like 8 arrows stuck in all parts of my body, I was in extreme pain, I wasn't bleeding though. My spine was cut, and just about everything else including my skull, but I didn't die.

Eventually my guy got to walking again and healed, but then due to a fucking glitch my guy and one of my companions spawned in a pit when ambushed. I tried getting out by alt + direction, nothing worked, and I tried to travel and it said it wasn't safe. So knowing I would be stuck here, I kicked my companion in the back of the head shattering his skull tearing the brain.

After stripping down naked and throwing my friends corpse at the wall a hundred times I starved.

Joshkidd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2010, 07:12:09 am »

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2010, 04:58:50 pm »

a Heroic adventurer , Saving countless cities , killing even the most feared megabeast , making bogeymen look like overcreated Birds , Slaying anyone who treatened to Kill his fellow People , Slaughtering a whole Fortress of Sub-semi-megabeasts , here's his tale :

Blind kobold headkicked him , Whoops , time to get back to Running the hell away from blind shit lest they headkick you while blind

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2010, 11:08:10 pm »

My last three adventurers have all ended the same way: slayers of night creatures, minotaurs, titans, and dragons. No sweat.

Then they get ambushed by goblins during fast travel.

I really should just start running away and leaving my companions to their fate. The rank and file goblins are no trouble, but their leaders keep destroying me. So hard to land hits on chieftains... I must be doin' it wrong.
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

uptonbeat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2010, 10:48:38 am »

Fast travel, interrupted by a Giant Leopard.  The first thing that happens? An enormous cave-in, resulting in my entire team falling to their deaths as they melt away in the magma sea.  I didn't even know that could happen.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2010, 11:00:14 am »

I got shot in the head by an arrow.
It didnt kill me, be patient.
I ripped it out, and tried to throw it back to the archer, who promptly dodged into the area of right-next-to-me and stabbed me in the foot, severing an artery, and knocking me to the ground. Then he bludgeoned my head.

Survive arrow to head, die by slash to foot.

:D
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 59