Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 157538 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #420 on: November 12, 2012, 02:06:52 am »

Well, your Skyrim character is an adventurer, and he did die...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 12, 2012, 04:16:54 am »

I decided to sneak up on and wrestle with a moose with a more or less new adventurer. I was about to grab the moose (I was on a tile next to it) when it detected me and started kicking the shit out of me. The moose knocked me unconscious with the first kick and then just kept going at me. I lost my teeth...Oh, and my brains as well.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 12, 2012, 06:59:46 pm »

I thought it would be a good idea to give my human adventurer the ability to hurl fireballs, directly copypasta'd from the fire imp's raws. Somehow, it didn't occur to me that OTHER humans would have this ability as well... as in, all 8 humans in a bandit camp...
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 12, 2012, 09:19:21 pm »

Now that I've solved the FPS issues... usually HFS. Which is the way any decent dwarven fort should go down. That, or magma, but I'm too ubercautious with magma. I should really try weaponizing it one of these days.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #424 on: November 12, 2012, 09:42:01 pm »

skipping along the forest: then i got jumped by about...40? no 50 necromancers: i put 1000 slabs: but that is a tad ridiclulous: oh and they are all bringing their hordes: the first one charged with her loincloth in her hand and she immedatly got Mace to Face: the second one? full steel clad armor elf: she was a hard one: i git her foot with a mace and she was easy: the next 10 or so that surrounded me not so much: i was slowly pierced by their wooden/ iron/ copper spears and the rest didn't do much against my almost whole steal clad armor: my char only had copper leggings: and someone took them form her: WTF and then her loincloth... MFSW? probably. anyways they kept taking potshots at my lower legs adn then one broke a moter nerve in the crotch and i fell unconscious: about 50 pages of biting reviving of my lost fingers: eyeballs (oh my!) and other appedages i finnaly got my skull murdered by a Unicorn that apparently slaughtered 5 necromancers: Kinda funny.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

iampaul

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 12, 2012, 10:47:15 pm »

Archers.  Those bastards are the #1 cause of death among my adventurers, especially kobolds in the town sewers.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 13, 2012, 09:03:08 pm »

Somewhere down the road I made an enemy of a human civ unwittingly. Not that big of a deal; this tends to happen to me but only when I know I can stove in peasant heads like there's no tomorrow.

The only problem with this is that I didn't discover this until a kid detected me in sneak mode (which I didn't even realize I was in) in the middle of the market.
Cue mobbing by everyone and their grandmother.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 09:05:55 pm by JimDale »

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
  • My destiny is a giant ROCK!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 13, 2012, 09:11:45 pm »

My two most resent deaths have had one thing in common: Being in a lair. The latest one was I found a lair and got killed by a night creature, the other was I got killed by the werehyena I was told to kill. I really need to remember to get followers.
)( Pisces and proud of it. )(
Just so you know, I'm a girl.
Songs of the Strawberry Trees~My suggestion game!

Carric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 13, 2012, 09:51:02 pm »

In one game I accidentally pissed off the civilization I was starting in, and their crossbowman killed me. I played another game in that same world, starting in that same civilization, and that was my next game in that world, and the crossbowman was now an elite crossbowman. The only soldier in the village, but of course I couldn't recruit him, so I had to go on a long trek and then I got murdered by bogeymen just a short distance away from the fortress where I could have gotten precious recruits to prevent such a bogeyman situation.

Fortport

• Bay Watcher
  • Modest expedition leader.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 14, 2012, 03:09:49 am »

Made a dwarf named "Enog the brute". Trained him until he was a grand master thrower, went off to kill some bandits .. threw sand at one guy, and caved his face in, then when I ran over to finish him off, two more bandits attacked me. I got cocky and decided to lock both of their wrists, only to end up missing six times in a row, and having my legs broken. I had my toe bit when I was crawling away, and bled to death.

After him, I made an archer elf, very agile, most of his points went into dodging, spatial sense, and other things. Had him go after a criminal in a dungeon, sneaked around shooting people with arrows, until I passed through this one doorway, and found the woman I was supposed to kill. I shot her in the head, and then killed her easily enough. As I left the room, I ran into a mace man, who quickly bashed a rib through my lung. While I was running away, I hadn't even gone five tiles before I was brutally beaten to death.

< _ >
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 03:18:39 am by Fortport »
MIIIIGRAAAAAANTS!!

Tamber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • FurryHelix
« Reply #430 on: November 14, 2012, 07:43:25 am »

Bumped into a Dracon merchant in my civ's capital, whilst sprinting through the market; accidentally kicked him (Or something like that.)
Promptly got killed to death until I was dead of it, by everyone in the city who could reach a knife; and caused a civil war. So now, the village where I started is empty, and the closest other population centre (One map-tile over) kills me every time I go near it.

Oops.
I see !!elves!! of green, and red !!magma!! too; I see them burn for me and you; and I think to myself, what a wonderful world...

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 14, 2012, 05:14:38 pm »

A local human town seems to have a really bad bandit problem. as there are always goblins coming out of the dungeon and killing various people. I keep making  adventurers here to get easy goblo kills. They spawn in the same spot usually, problem is that it's by cliff. a cliff which my warriors like to dodge off of.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:34:45 pm by Scootagoose »
Unf.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #432 on: November 15, 2012, 06:54:41 am »

elfs and undead unicorn horns dont mix well: hte unicorn horn flopped off my entire lower body: i barely got a lucky shot with  my bow which killed it i then went into the nearest town ((a dwarven on apparently)) and retired there: I am pretty sure they are planning to dissect the elf to get more knowledge of elves.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Bolzan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 16, 2012, 04:34:24 am »

Mauled to death by a swarm of dogs, cats, ducks and guineahens.

Just... Ugh... She was a serial killer who racked up several hundred beheadings and stuff ;_;

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 16, 2012, 11:52:05 am »

Just had my character killed by a horse... After it managed to kill one of my companions and maim another.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 59