Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 155514 times)

Bolzan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #435 on: November 16, 2012, 12:27:55 pm »

Just had my character killed by a horse... After it managed to kill one of my companions and maim another.

That is one badass horse :o

Lazerlatté

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 16, 2012, 12:41:35 pm »

Just had my character killed by a horse... After it managed to kill one of my companions and maim another.

That is one badass horse :o

Hooves in DF=Melee equivelent of artillery cannons

You tellin' me you didn't know that???

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 16, 2012, 08:15:34 pm »

Keep getting ambushed by Goblins in this freezing tundra on my way to kill a weresomething-goblin.
Unf.

MystRunner

• Bay Watcher
  • Idiots Roam Free! Beware all ye who enter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 17, 2012, 02:07:16 am »

Here's a note...don't kill the local livestock. Had to abandon a game because I was getting mobbed trying to leave.
I don't know what is more impressive, that dwarves can skip salting and curing meat opting for zombiefication, or that the dark art of necromancy has been twisted to the cause of curing meats.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature Simulator.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 17, 2012, 03:18:28 am »

Here's a note...don't kill the local livestock. Had to abandon a game because I was getting mobbed trying to leave.

Toady reports that in the next version it won't be quite as much a problem. Go punch a horse in the face, whenever it's released. Taunt our ancient hooved foes :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 17, 2012, 05:18:45 am »

Hooves in DF=Melee equivelent of artillery cannons

You tellin' me you didn't know that???

Ungulates are scary, even in real life. They can put most of the weight of their body and muscle mass behind a single kick.

I recall that when I was trying to hunt a deer with a spear for the first time in the latest string of releases, I got close to the deer, got discovered one tile away as I was about to stab it, and it kicked me in the face, shattering my skull and breaking my neck. I suffocated as it pranced off.

One of my friends commented: "And now you know why the bow was a big deal in early human development."
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 17, 2012, 07:25:38 pm »

Well, I just waltzed into a dungeon in search of a bandit leader, and came upon a carpwoman axeman. Who promptly tore me to pieces before I could react. That wasn't the end though; as a werewolf, I transformed and grabbed my shield again. She continued to kick my ass, and spilled my guts all over the floor fo the dungeon. I backed off and started grabbing my things while my companion put her down, and bled out before I'd even managed to grab most of it. Intestines are important, if only because a gaping wound in your belly tends to be a good hole for your blood to escape through.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Carric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 17, 2012, 09:57:06 pm »

I was doing well, completed a few tasks that I'd been given, then I started to travel to a nearby village where I might get some new tasks. I ended up going around a river, and started to get dehydrated. I had plenty of food and coin from selling all of my dead enemies' gear, so I rested by a river, and ate and drank and did nothing else for several days. On the third night, i was ambushed and murdered by kobolds.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 18, 2012, 10:26:47 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
this is below what is the thin crust of the ocean I'm riding as a bear druid through.
It's a Toothy maw that if I cross will swallow... 5 times I thought I can cross this part, but it just breaks down and encase me...
note I'm closely near the center of the frozen ocean, traveling through means of minecart and new tech that lifts the cart up. Nemus I think you anger some gods.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 18, 2012, 12:06:22 pm »

Started an adventurer, quest to kill a night creature.. crap. Oh well, off we go new companions.

Get to the next town to the SE for a quick snooze before continuing and suddenly the entire town runs out to kill me. After a good 30 minutes of fighting the horde became unbearable, and me and all my followers were dead

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 18, 2012, 03:23:53 pm »

My last death was actually quite interesting.

I decided to combat the previous champion of my old Civilization, "Romeo" Packtown the Abysmal General to see just how strong he really was.

Turned out that being a Legendary Speardwarf has it's perks, as he consequently butchered me to death rather quickly. I didn't even stand a chance.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Snake_Eyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 18, 2012, 05:03:56 pm »

15 worlds, 100+ adventurers, all blood for the Blood God.

A small crab, three hits with the flat of a sword, close combat options and the direction key jammed for a quarter hour later I finally arrive at Fighting skill of over 9,000. Max out iron armour and get some wooden training weapons via looting the labyrinth below the citadel.

Sleep inna wood, goblin bowman shoots through -<<iron leggings>>- with iron arrow sending to one knee. Goblin axeman severs the nerves to both arms, Fighting skill 11,000 useless.

[You are deceased. Press ESC to continue.]

Time to make world number 16 and look for crabs.

;-;

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 18, 2012, 05:51:52 pm »

I was killed by a stupid weaver. He got one lucky punch on the one time I wasn't wearing my mask.
Unf.

Bacon Pants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 20, 2012, 05:46:08 pm »

Start up an adventure, manage to kill quite a few kobolds in a random dungeon and feel pretty confident. I get hungry and decide to kill and butcher a random duck for food. As I attack, some peasant comes out from nowhere, pronounces his name like he's a boss, and knocks me out (this both pissed me off and made me generally interested in how a jobless bum managed to strike down a demigod in one blow).

After I wake up, I'm surrounded by ducks and I'm being nipped to death. I take one step to get my bearings and I bleed out. Death by duck....
When in doubt, BLAME THE TITANS!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 20, 2012, 06:20:39 pm »

Start up an adventure, manage to kill quite a few kobolds in a random dungeon and feel pretty confident. I get hungry and decide to kill and butcher a random duck for food. As I attack, some peasant comes out from nowhere, pronounces his name like he's a boss, and knocks me out (this both pissed me off and made me generally interested in how a jobless bum managed to strike down a demigod in one blow).

After I wake up, I'm surrounded by ducks and I'm being nipped to death. I take one step to get my bearings and I bleed out. Death by duck....

My my... It sounds like your death was quite... Fowl.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 59