Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 157412 times)

Kire93

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2010, 09:05:34 pm »

Worst death ever was when i had a grand master swordsman who got kicked in the head by a llama and brained. fun moment lol

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2010, 09:18:21 pm »

Combat log of most recent death:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Most of my recent deaths have been like this. I get disabled and after a while, bleed out. It's interesting to note that he stabs me in my middle finger and his spear gets lodged in the wound. That must be one big finger. Welcome to the world of Dwarf Fortress physics, I suppose.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 09:22:16 pm by Detonate »
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2010, 04:09:34 am »

Ok... my most recent death.

Created a small world with very high savegery and low civilization, starting playing at year 5 (i want to test some custom reaction).

I take a quest: kill a night creature spouse, nothing special. I enter in the lair.

I see the spouse. I attack.
Her child appear.

Wall of text.

"You have been struck down"

gabriot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2010, 05:44:41 am »

I had just pulled off an awesome throw with a battle axe that severed a boss's leg.  As I was moving in for the kill a normal swordsman came and blindsided me, one shotting me in the head of my previously untouched body and killing me instantly.  it was such bullshit.  I am now creating a demi god to hunt down the bastard and delim him, but slow enough that he survives, might take a few day process.  But the goal is to leave him just on the ground, no limbs. 

Vengeance.

Ig88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2010, 03:52:03 pm »

Death in 1 turn(before I can even respond) when ambushed while sleeping.

Maxxeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2010, 09:36:34 am »

I had just pulled off an awesome throw with a battle axe that severed a boss's leg.  As I was moving in for the kill a normal swordsman came and blindsided me, one shotting me in the head of my previously untouched body and killing me instantly.  it was such bullshit.  I am now creating a demi god to hunt down the bastard and delim him, but slow enough that he survives, might take a few day process.  But the goal is to leave him just on the ground, no limbs. 

Vengeance.

Can you track down legendary hero killers? I want vengeance on that horse..

If only legends was integrated into adventure mode

Fluid

• Bay Watcher
  • Something has gone, Terribly wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2011, 12:12:02 pm »

I was rollin' around with my meatshields when I came to a large slope. When I got to the edge, I suddenly fell off of it and I fell unconcious, seeing a ton of dwarf bandits swarming my party members, only for my colorful ascii landscape to be replaced by this gigantic printout of text telling me what had happened. It turned out, I had dodge some hammerdwarf's attack and had fallen off the slope and smashed my head on the ground, knocking me limp and making me a helpless target. Of course, I got smashed to mush and vaporized by the bandits, while my dorky recruits survived because they weren't near the slope and had armor. After this, I realized just how important setting your dodge preference to standing still was.

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2011, 05:14:04 pm »

I was training my swimming skill in a desert river.  I got too close to a cave and it triggered cave-ins everywhere.  I got sucked down into a crevice and fell to my death.
I play games of games inside games in my head.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2011, 01:52:55 am »

Two different deaths.
I was grinding my skills and trained to grand master ambusher and legendary swordsman.
I wanted to train my swimming skill so I went to a stroll
I was doing well and got two new levels(made a skilled swimmer) but then night fell and the lake froze and I was dead.
Simple as that.Night froze and I was dead.All the work I had done was friggin gone because night fell.

Second death.
I started a new game and begun slaughtering my home town.
I was doing great until I fought a milker.He was no challenge but he threw a stone which ruptured my foot.I started bleeding and then I died.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2011, 12:04:20 pm »

Two different deaths.
I was grinding my skills and trained to grand master ambusher and legendary swordsman.
I wanted to train my swimming skill so I went to a stroll
I was doing well and got two new levels(made a skilled swimmer) but then night fell and the lake froze and I was dead.
Simple as that.Night froze and I was dead.All the work I had done was friggin gone because night fell..

You do realize the point of Dwarf fortress is to have !!FUN!! , Not Slamming your head into your desk because you worked extremely hard to get lots of Legendaries and Died to a frozen river

Anyways :

I went to Hell and begun researching the shit out of everything in sight , then this Human with a Suit comes in and Ruins my shit with a Headkick

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2011, 04:12:53 pm »

Always from getting too cocky and spleeing out in the wilderness.  In all seriousness though I think it's retarded that between a party of 12 heros and yourself that somehow a band of night prowlers can somehow sneak up and attack you over 100 times without you waking up.

i get like 5 pages of hits before i can even make a move. its rediculous. its always the way i die.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2011, 09:02:30 pm »

I recently had a 'Black Knight' moment.

while attacking a camp, I got both my arms and legs hacked of by the leader... I still managed to kill her before I bled to death though, by biting her throat out.
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

MegaMartikus

• Bay Watcher
  • He is fear
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel - DF LPs!
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2011, 11:07:17 pm »

genesis mod... 4v1, i was raiding an encampment for a quest, and i was fighting some kind of mistress overlord. there were number of lesser mistresses that aided her, but we dispathced them with relative easy... 1 by 1 my comrade fell to her whip, and then..

with the crack of the whip to the right lower leg, my bone fractured and i fell over, several more whips to the upper body and head ruptured several MAJOR arteries, even through heavy bleeding i still had control of my spear and managed to stab her middle toe on her right foot.. and tearing tendons and ligaments and severing a motor nerve, i made her unable to walk, ever ever again.

my last words:
"Take that b*tch." *Dead*
All ur fort are belong to us!!

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2011, 11:27:49 pm »

My most recent "death" was caused by a kobold ambush. They attacked while I was sleeping, and severely damage three of my four arms. Pissed off at everything now, my comrades and I ran away to go finish our quest. The reason I'm listing this as a death is because my adventurer is now unable to pick anything up and has only one weapon to use, thus making her life far more difficult than is necessary. So I retired.

Gonna make a new character and eventually recruit both her and the adventurer before her, who fell to a weird bug where her speed went from 10000 to 658. I think her Agility got too high and rolled her speed back down low.
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2011, 06:35:31 am »

My last character dies to bogeymen. He was a great ninja (ambusher, hand-to-hand fighter), but the first time I encountered bogeymen, I panicked and let them kill myself. Nothing of my usual fighting tactics worked on them.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 59