Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 157224 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #480 on: December 18, 2012, 12:20:15 am »

If you really want to get him ashore and don't mind cheating, you always have the option of makign dwarves [FLIER]s for a time, and flying up out of the water until after it freezes. It's like ascending to Armok's mighty hall, getting a quick high five, and being told to GTFO again until you bring him MOAR BLOODE!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 18, 2012, 12:25:04 am »

If you really want to get him ashore and don't mind cheating, you always have the option of makign dwarves [FLIER]s for a time, and flying up out of the water until after it freezes. It's like ascending to Armok's mighty hall, getting a quick high five, and being told to GTFO again until you bring him MOAR BLOODE!
Wait, you can do that?

No words, man. He's been ocean bound for about a YEAR.
F*CK YEAH

...Also, where would I put the [FLIER] tag?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 18, 2012, 12:42:18 am »

Wait, you can do that?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...Also, where would I put the [FLIER] tag?

Go to the save in your DF directory, open up the raw/objects folder within that save, and... Ask Deon where the hell he put the raws for dwarves. I know Genesis screws with all the files, including moving raws for dwarves somewhere other than where they were supposed to be in vanilla DF, but I don't know where and couldn't tell you directly because I don't know what version of Genesis you're using or whether I could still find a download for it.

I guess open up all the text files named creature_[whatever].txt, and do a string search for "dwarf" (without the quotes). If you manage to locate it, then somewhere below the CREATURE:[ID] tag of the dwarven entry* paste "[FLIER]" in and close and save it. Then load up the game and fly away. Just like diving, actually, except you should be going up, out fo the water. Then remove it again whenever

(the line probably says [CREATURE:DWARF], and that may be the first real hit you get when you're looking for it, but it's by no means guaranteed that Deon didn't change the ID)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 18, 2012, 12:48:31 am »

Don't worry, I found the creature folder easily enough. Anywhere under the CREATURE:[ID] thingy, you say? Give me a moment...
Sig! Onol

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
« Reply #484 on: December 19, 2012, 03:02:00 am »

Did it work?

After reading Onol's tale, I was left wanting more. A dwarf like that deserves to come back from the dead.
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 19, 2012, 12:46:13 pm »

I've tried, to be sure. I put the [FLIER] tag everywhere I could, but I don't think it worked. Would any of you be willing to give it a shot if I uploaded the save?
Coincidentally, how would I upload a save?
Sig! Onol

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 19, 2012, 12:49:17 pm »

Stuff it in a .zip file and upload it to http://dffd.wimbli.com/ as a "bugged save"

Could you post the raws for dwarves which you found, instead? Maybe the problem can still be solved without spending hours waiting for it to upload/download twice.
I make Spellcrafts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 19, 2012, 01:01:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 03:14:33 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 19, 2012, 03:17:43 pm »

Sorry for double post, but dem raws are HUGE. I cut out the cast raws and stuff about beards, I think, but all the stuff with basic dwarf etc, is there. Any [FLIER] tags were put in by me and probably don't work. Sorry for foisting such a large task on you, but I have essentially no skill in modding whatsoever. If you need the rest of the raws, tell me and I'll post them when I can and my computer isn't about to run out of power.
Sig! Onol

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 21, 2012, 06:24:27 am »

I just had a very stupid death.
He was a new adventurer and I walked to the capital in order to find some armor. When I almost reached the keep the road had a 1z-level rampless drop. Instead of finding an alernate route I decided to jump after all it was just a 1z-level drop.

You hit tour head on the granite road.

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 21, 2012, 10:52:15 am »

I was looking around for a dungeon, finally I found the dungeon as I was sent on a quest to kill someone, I was scared as I traveled among the dungeon looking for the man I am supposed to kill, at one time in the edge of the dungeon, a kobold appeared in the middle of nowhere and attempted to kill me, extremely fast, I end him and kill him, I was surprised by this and waited till I see if there were any more kobolds, there were not, so I continued to travel, and I reached till the stairs of a dungeon. In that one, a kobold bowman sent a silver bolt to my forearm which made me release my weapon, then another bolt to my legs which made me fall down, next a spearman stabbed me with a silver spear in my chest, the funny thing is I took about 10 stabs in the chest and I didn't die, however I bled to death after, there were about 5 kobolds attacking me in every part of my body and one was repeatedly slashing me in my thighs, all that I was pinned down.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 21, 2012, 11:58:08 am »

Sorry for double post, but dem raws are HUGE. I cut out the cast raws and stuff about beards, I think, but all the stuff with basic dwarf etc, is there. Any [FLIER] tags were put in by me and probably don't work. Sorry for foisting such a large task on you, but I have essentially no skill in modding whatsoever. If you need the rest of the raws, tell me and I'll post them when I can and my computer isn't about to run out of power.

Alright, you can remove the extra [FLIER] tags; you'd only need one. All the locations you placed them are acceptable.

When you load the game, did you press '<' and '>' to fly up and down? That's shift+, or .
I make Spellcrafts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 21, 2012, 12:35:34 pm »

SUCCESS!
It turns out that I was looking at the wrong raws. The ones I posted were the GENERAL raws for the game itself, but when looking at Onol's save file I found the individual raws, unaltered. I gave them [FLIER], booted up the game, and voila! Onol can fly!
I'll make a new thread chronicling his adventures, if you wish, but for now he's cruising for the shore to take a nap.
Sig! Onol

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
  • My destiny is a giant ROCK!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 21, 2012, 12:38:30 pm »

Humans. I have been playing flying kobolds. I hate humans.
)( Pisces and proud of it. )(
Just so you know, I'm a girl.
Songs of the Strawberry Trees~My suggestion game!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 21, 2012, 12:51:28 pm »

SUCCESS!
It turns out that I was looking at the wrong raws. The ones I posted were the GENERAL raws for the game itself, but when looking at Onol's save file I found the individual raws, unaltered. I gave them [FLIER], booted up the game, and voila! Onol can fly!
I'll make a new thread chronicling his adventures, if you wish, but for now he's cruising for the shore to take a nap.

Hah, I was wondering if that was the problem. :P
You could probably get away with posting in the Whats Going on in Your Adventure thread; that way there's no obligation to update or anything.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 59