Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 157194 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #495 on: December 21, 2012, 12:58:31 pm »

Yes, that would work. Thank you all for the help!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #496 on: December 21, 2012, 11:19:03 pm »

I was swimming with my legendary swimmer that had adamantine everything when suddenly I got webbed by a tiran on the top of the river then eaten by alligators and carp. the titan was apparently made from obsidian and I killed it easily next adventurer.But i was still pissed about losing all that adamantine...
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Echostatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 26, 2012, 07:55:30 pm »

Tried my first mod. Nothing crazy, just copied the human raws and changed things up a bit to create Behemoths. They are more than twice as big, have three eyes and an extra digit on their hands and feet. Oh, and a souped up version of helmet snake poison delivered via bite. And no need to eat, sleep, drink, no pain... Fun to goof around with. I made them a civ too so they make their towns and fortresses and whatnot. I borrowed a number of things from the goblin entity file for them.

I'm sure it's because of my meddling, but I entered a Behemoth fortress and found an axeman. I recruited him, and only took a few steps before he decided he didn't like my face and tried to cut it off. I guess that flagged me as an enemy of the civ, because the rest of the people in the fortress came after me too. After cutting bits off of them all until they bled to death, I got out and went back to my home town, only to have the citizens try to remove my face too. But when one would attack me, everyone else would attack them, and so on and so on. Basically a town-wide loyalty cascade. I haven't died yet, but I'm sure I will as I intend to spread this chaos as much as I can.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 29, 2012, 03:04:42 pm »

I started a new human adventurer two days ago after editing some Vanilla DF raws to add a Spartan short sword/spear/shield with improved strength and giving all the sentient races cities instead of cave/mountainhome/forest retreat.
I went to my starting civ's capital and recruited a human pikeman and a goblin swordgob and asked for some quests, I was given a quest to kill a lowly outlaw in the capital (or some other nearby town)'s underground keep but decided to abandon the quest after killing a some random outlaws and their chieftain and went back outside and noticed a nearby cave so I ventured to it hoping for some awesome monster to kill, there was a river between me and my goal so I stooped fast traveling and swam across, to my, to my surprise both of my recruits were can swim! anyways I noticed two alligators so I butchered them so I can finally wear clothes of my own making (I also copy pasted the adventurer reactions from Masterwork DF) and made a thread and a toy boat(I got a toy boat instead of a needle but it still worked so meh) to sew my new alligator scale thong but it wouldn't work so I thought maybe alligator scale cant be sewn so I dropped it (I actually forgot to tan their hides before trying to sew anything), then proceeded to ceremonially eat the two alligator hearts, and kept going to find the cave til I was a few steps away from it (maybe 100 tiles it wasn't far but it wasn't very close) and there was another river, it didn't scare me so I swam across, but as I was swimming my human follower for some reason couldn't swim across and was pulled into a1z level high waterfall that I didn't notice and fell, as I went to investigate I was pulled in two and so was the swordgob, I tried to swim up and back to where I came from and succeed a few times but I was always pulled back once I got 6 tiles away from the waterfall and fell back in and always got stunned till my human follower drowned to death after swimming up and hitting the ground again a few times trying to follow me up, minutes later the goblin died two so I did the best thing I thought of to honor their memory, I took their weapons (pike+sword) (I took their weapons because they had gotten some kills with them so their names were on them as the slayer, I thought I could sell their weapons at the capital once I this was over) and swam away from the waterfall and to where the water was heading looking for another way out and I did find it and climbed out of the water (I couldn't at first because the river was 2 zlevels deep and only the bottom level had water in it) and proceeded to look for the cave entrance, after finding it I went inside and kept going down till I saw a huge worm, I was scarred because I thought that it could finish off my adventurer for good, so I threw all of my spartan spears at it and eventually ran out of them so I decided to see what I could do in melee I punched it at first, nothing happened, the second punch made it explode and leave a huge pile of leather (I finally got my leather thong) so I threw all of my spawning clothes and only wore my leather thong and a cape and went back to the river to get my companions bodies to bury them somewhere, after picking the bodies up and swimming back to the way out of the river at a swimming speed of 125-200 I saw two other alligators that I couldn't run away from and who were also blocking the way out, so I tried to fight them off and succeed and throwing one unconscious before getting bites all over me and dieing of blood loss.

Sorry, it's a bit long but it serves me right for trying to honor a goblin and a human I made Armok angry at me and it wasn't very wise.

zero95lucky

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 30, 2012, 09:39:55 pm »

I thought I was in for your average night creature kill quest with one maybe two I would have to deal with. Of corse I was wrong, DEAD wrong. There were Five and it took them less than a minute to mutilate the rude human lasher that had intruded in their home and interupted their elf cooking party (yes i timed it), and I barely left a dent in any of them. This was the first time I'd seen five in the same cave. The most I'd seen before was three and even that was rare. So I ask, what's the most you guys have seen in one place, and does anyone know how many can be spawned in a single lair?

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 02, 2013, 05:32:34 pm »

Night Trolls kidnap humans of the opposite gender, transform them into spouses/consorts, and then produce children with them. And since they're immortal, you can wind up with entire communities in the lairs. I wandered into one that contained at least a dozen. I didn't actually count, since I was busy being turned into chow, but almost every tile in the first hub had a troll on it, and there was a tunnel going further in.

Doomhammer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 02, 2013, 09:14:24 pm »

Made a demigod dwarf adventurer and after getting his sneak to legendary +++++ and upped his wrestling and axedwarf via various quests, I took on a quest which was  at a bandit camp a day's walk away. Took two companions for bogeyman protection. After getting to camp and having both companions slaughtered I managed to defeat all the bandits there. That was during the night, so after lucking out waiting I started fast traveling triumphantly towards the nearest hamlet. The RNG, of course, would have none of it so and I was ambushed by goblins.  Took down one crossbowgob before another one crippled me with a well placed bolt and I was brained from behind by a phantom macegob.
Kill process, rinse, repeat.
The equation strikes you with a squared number, but the shot is parried! You counterstrike! You strike the equation with the tip of your Xblue ink penX, storing a number in a parameter and creating a quadratic equation! The equation falls over! You strike the equation with the tip of your Xblue ink penX, tearing apart the problem! An X has been found! An X has been found! The equation loses consciousness! The equation has been struck down!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 02, 2013, 09:59:55 pm »

I was awoken shortly after falling asleep by a pair of lesser dragons. They promptly torched my adventurer. Failed to block the dragonfire, of course, so I burned to death on the spot.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 02, 2013, 10:11:10 pm »

The first creature I encountered on an Isle of Monsters world was a hydra. Turns out, even masterwork copper spears are not strong enough to piece hydra skulls.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 02, 2013, 10:38:22 pm »

You should probably aim for the upper body with a hydra; get a good hit on some major organ like the heart, and it'd bleed to death quicker than you'd be able to chop the heads off/smash the brains.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Auroros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 03, 2013, 10:18:31 am »

Webbed by Titan... x10 D:
Can it really be considered as cheating to ad Immune to Web Tags to all playable races? These Things killed now Legendary Dodgers + legendary Swordsman Necro-Vampires in two clean Shots. Web is the first, Punch/Kick in the face the second. To be honest, only like 2 of them where like this, but still, has anyone some tips for me?

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 03, 2013, 11:25:53 am »

..Avoid titans that have webs?

oh_no

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 03, 2013, 05:43:07 pm »

Ranged weapons. Stay out of their distance and also use your companions to shield you from the webs.
Unf.

Auroros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 04, 2013, 02:57:31 am »

My Companions are usually Zombies or non existent. I hate going through the wilds with tons of Idiots. Especially near Water, since those guys tend to drown.
A lot.

My Guy is fine by himself usually. Exceptions are web Titans and Elite Crossbowman/Archers, since the Arrows are known to be broken. one hit from the side or from behind and I crawl for my dear life, or lose my Weapon and fight them with a mere shield. though, I killed once 5 or so night Creatures with my shield. was quite funny, actually.

But well, how to use ranged weapons good as a Swordsman? wouldn't that slow me down, carrying a crossbow and stuff?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 04, 2013, 05:45:22 pm »

You can just throw your trophy collection at them. Throwing is still fairly effective.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 59