Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 156955 times)

Mrpoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #675 on: October 16, 2013, 07:27:59 pm »

Fought dozens and dozens of Dingoes, winning every time, killed in 3 seconds by an Alligator.
Bad Dwarf, Bad Dwarf, Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when the carp come for you?

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 17, 2013, 03:52:21 pm »

Playing Adventure mode in Masterwork Fortress, running around the countryside as a Jotun.  Used to Vanilla Adventure mode so I'm thinking I'm gonna get Bogeymen at night.

Got swarmed by Dragon Raptors.

EDIT:  Oh, here's another fun one, started in a random ocean.  This is fine, I've got two points into swimmer, I'll just make it to shore.

The ocean froze on me.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 01:08:48 pm by Karkov »

LittleQuick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 19, 2013, 08:31:42 pm »

Twenty of my men and I just fought off an entire ambush of kobolds. The wounded were taken out first, and I was left to fight 8 by myself. I fought them off a lot better than expected until the 6th ran off with my axe embedded in his ass. So here I am fighting these guys throwing tattered clothing and random weapons. They took my legs, but I still survived to scratch four more to death. Only three of us are left, and only one of us can stand.  Finally went down to another kobold retaliation ambush, they took our standing spearmen who fought with the upmost honor. We scratched and crawled our way to the top of the kobold pile, only to struck down by various kobold archers. A well fought battle..

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 21, 2013, 01:56:37 pm »

I was playing as the avatar of armok modded thing and was descending into hell through the curious structure when he got hit by an intense spam of being knocked around by dust extract. While I've been lucky with just hands and feet getting knocked off (healed through DFhack because well, it's a godlike being) and suddenly...

*You're dead, press esc to exit*

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 22, 2013, 03:13:01 am »

cuz in dwarf fortress, even the avatar of Armok himself gets killed in hell
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 22, 2013, 06:16:09 am »

I stopped next to a canyon to rest, thinking: "I'm quite good at swimming, if i have any problem, I can jump 4 z-levels and dive in the river (which is 3 levels deep), so this is a good spot!" I try to rest, and bogeymen attack. I kill 3 or 4 of them, but they hurt me too much and I realize: "if I want to jump, I must do it now". So I turn around and dive in the river. Which is frozen. I slam on my head and die.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 22, 2013, 05:44:17 pm »

For a webshooter titan made of water, I would seriously suggest an army of archers. You won't be able to close to melee range without being put down like that again, but the beast is physically weak and very fragile due to being made of a liquid so a dozen or so archers might have a couple lucky hits and kill it quickly.

now a webshooter made of candy on the other hand...
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
  • no poker face whatsoever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 23, 2013, 08:52:55 am »

I was a goblin and i attacked a jemcutter and a child. I brake the jem cutters arm ,disarming him, and stab him in the foot ,crippling him. The whole time blocking every shot with my two shields. Then the child gets a stab at my head. Dead.
It is by my will alone I set my dwarves into motion

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 23, 2013, 07:57:37 pm »

After grabbing some armor from a Fortress I realized I didn't have any food left, so I started looking for something to butcher. After searching for a while and seeing literally nothing, I spot two Moose hanging out, and figure that will do just fine.

First sharpened rock thrown, from about 10 tiles away...

"You have been spotted!"

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 24, 2013, 02:47:44 pm »

After grabbing some armor from a Fortress I realized I didn't have any food left, so I started looking for something to butcher. After searching for a while and seeing literally nothing, I spot two Moose hanging out, and figure that will do just fine.

First sharpened rock thrown, from about 10 tiles away...

"You have been spotted!"

Ahem.

OOOOOOOOH CANADA....
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Slambert

• Escaped Lunatic
  • A devout servant of the machine god.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 25, 2013, 01:55:03 pm »

I had to make an account to note my death last night...

Was running around at near morning when a goblin ambush finds me. I'm pretty fast... so i figure "k, I'll just run to the nearby fort and have the guards help me" (I'm an early started peasant crossbowman btw)

I luckily make it to the fort without getting to wounded and pull the goblins over some hapless swordsman that was sleeping outside. Swordsman gets a wakeup call from a goblin in the form of a bolt to his foot.

Then t's suddenly that magical moment in the morning when all the people in the land wake up simultaneously. seeing other guards run at the goblin threat I decide to slow my retreat and go back to help.

Swordsman was valiantly holding off 4 or so goblins but he wouldn't last long. . I managed to shoot all of 4 bolts at the goblins attacking him...

bolt 1 - misses completely
bolt 2 - lodges into a goblins arm
bolt 3 - bounces off of a goblin shield
bolt 4 - miss ... I mean critically miss... missed so bad that the bolt seeked out the head of the guardsman i was trying to help.
some of the guards were right in the middle of running past me to help their comrade... needless to say they didn't give a second thought to stabbing me to death before worrying about the goblins after my misfire. I misfired and got punished before I realized what I'd done.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #686 on: October 25, 2013, 03:19:03 pm »

I had to make an account to note my death last night...

Was running around at near morning when a goblin ambush finds me. I'm pretty fast... so i figure "k, I'll just run to the nearby fort and have the guards help me" (I'm an early started peasant crossbowman btw)

I luckily make it to the fort without getting to wounded and pull the goblins over some hapless swordsman that was sleeping outside. Swordsman gets a wakeup call from a goblin in the form of a bolt to his foot.

Then t's suddenly that magical moment in the morning when all the people in the land wake up simultaneously. seeing other guards run at the goblin threat I decide to slow my retreat and go back to help.

Swordsman was valiantly holding off 4 or so goblins but he wouldn't last long. . I managed to shoot all of 4 bolts at the goblins attacking him...

bolt 1 - misses completely
bolt 2 - lodges into a goblins arm
bolt 3 - bounces off of a goblin shield
bolt 4 - miss ... I mean critically miss... missed so bad that the bolt seeked out the head of the guardsman i was trying to help.
some of the guards were right in the middle of running past me to help their comrade... needless to say they didn't give a second thought to stabbing me to death before worrying about the goblins after my misfire. I misfired and got punished before I realized what I'd done.

that is way to funny
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Tarqiup Inua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 27, 2013, 10:44:15 pm »

My peasant adventurer accidentally turned into husk. When I realized there wasn't much that could stop the monster (whole village was barely able to tear one of his hands off), I took on the greatest challenge of this world (pocket; many dragons and volcanoes - my first attempt with advanced worldgen) - the old dragons.

I found the lair and with the shield arm laying back in the civilization among the dead peasants, I fearlessly walked towards thousand years old dragon.

The dragon set me alight. I used forced movement (via alt) to walk towards the monster while "burning to death", cut its head off, forced the my husk to walk out of the lair and jump into the nearest pond that was good 50 moves away... when enough water evaporated (one has to jump / move to the air above pond for it to happen), I made him sleep in the pond and the flames got extinguished.

Not sure how to kill my adventurer, I walked to the nearest volcano and jumped in... the husk still didn't die even as I was force-walking at the bottom of magma sea. So I gave in to starvation... according to legends, my husk died of starvation in the volcano.  *facepalms*

Spoiler: Letting off some steam (click to show/hide)
Nuri al-Gnat - dwarven apidologist
notable works: al-Gnat's test (for determining the child snatcher's ability to pass undetected while getting stung by bees... or at least look human while at it)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 28, 2013, 12:10:49 am »

I lost 2 dwarves and all their followers in a row in a dungeon right under a human fortress, there's a bandit leader in there that both dwarves have been tasked to kill , but the dungeon is apparently populated by rather competent humans and dwarves bandits, it's a real bloodbath down there.

All my followers have been killed, lots of bandits are lying dead and both my characters got killed too.

And still the leader has not even been found, i'm going to get there again until i clear that dungeon of doom, will not let those bandits think they won !
:D

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 29, 2013, 08:04:17 am »

Killed by a hippo.
This isn't the first time, either.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 59