Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 157492 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #720 on: February 17, 2014, 11:34:57 pm »

A hobbit were-peasant somehow punched me in the chest and bruised my right lung through my steel mail and steel breastplate.

...that bruise somehow suffocated me. I'm fairly certain I still had a functioning lung. I call bull on that death. Guess I should've broken his neck so he couldn't do anything except push me around.

...Well I'm never wrestling with the goal of raising attributes again. Should've just bashed the peasant with my bronze maul until he stopped twitching and moved on.
Fuckin' habbits, man. Fuckin' habbits.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Terff

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed...
    • View Profile
    • What is the answer to this question?
« Reply #721 on: February 18, 2014, 10:44:40 am »

Gored by a dear.
And boogeymen... lotsa boogeymen
I need some way to put armor on babies so I can start training them early.
Quote from: Lectorog on August 06, 2013, 03:57:45 pm

A goblin siege!?  Good we haven't had one in awhile, we are running out of new clothes

ÆthintheEevee

• Bay Watcher
  • Burn them with FIRE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 19, 2014, 05:19:20 pm »

Referring to a mod earlier, I dropped into a world as a Dragon.
Several things happened:
1. I learned Dragons can't open doors.
2. I also learned Dragons can't fly.
3. How do people not panic when a dragon walk down a street in a town?
Anyhow, I proceeded to talk to this guy who I wanted to join my party. He refused, many times, and learned why it is a bad idea to make a dragon mad. (He lost his head to my jaws. Came clean off.) All of the merchants in the marketplace near me got mad, and came at me. They all died due to dragon fire causing some molten gold to explode, however that happened. I then died a slow death of boredom. I mean, running the same loop, burning and tearing things heads off... it gets tiring after so long.
"Aliens: Death is coming for you."
"Out of grenades!" Throws Eevee.
What is this?! This isn't XCOM! Where are the deaths, the screams, the bodies of humanities "finest"? 

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 19, 2014, 06:25:22 pm »

Referring to a mod earlier, I dropped into a world as a Dragon.
Several things happened:
1. I learned Dragons can't open doors.
2. I also learned Dragons can't fly.
3. How do people not panic when a dragon walk down a street in a town?
Anyhow, I proceeded to talk to this guy who I wanted to join my party. He refused, many times, and learned why it is a bad idea to make a dragon mad. (He lost his head to my jaws. Came clean off.) All of the merchants in the marketplace near me got mad, and came at me. They all died due to dragon fire causing some molten gold to explode, however that happened. I then died a slow death of boredom. I mean, running the same loop, burning and tearing things heads off... it gets tiring after so long.
I added a bunch of tags to my dragon so I could open doors. But dragons are chinese style and dont have wings in the raws(Ironically all spritepacks give it wings). You will also need to let it have no fat so it doesnt eat or give it the ability to grasp and wear items

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 19, 2014, 07:39:15 pm »

It doesn't need wings to fly, just the [FLIER] tag. Without [FLIER] any number of wings would be useless.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 19, 2014, 08:50:15 pm »

I had a FPS death, I don't know why, I was in a lair and just making my adventurer starve to death, and now it'll stop responding 3 or 4 times before I move. I'd count that as a death :P

I think this is caused by a bug generating creatures, like animal men camps in the caverns or maybe regular animals, constantly and maybe exponentially. The sheer number of creatures on the map slows the processor to a halt trying to process turns for all of them, whether or not they're even doing anything.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

RailroadRider

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS. IS. DWARF FORTRESS!
    • View Profile
    • Look at me!
« Reply #726 on: February 25, 2014, 04:42:33 am »

Crushed under my 100 undead minions.
I have an army of dragons. But they aren't very effective against goblins so I use giant cave spiders instead.
There are dead babies all over my legendary dining hall and my population has halved. Thank you.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 25, 2014, 09:25:30 pm »

Crushed under my 100 undead minions.
One time I tried fighting a mummy as a bronze colossus but after ripping his limbs off I was unable to remove his head no matter what I did, causing me to try to do so for hours(IRL) while dozens of zombie bits attacked me.

RailroadRider

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS. IS. DWARF FORTRESS!
    • View Profile
    • Look at me!
« Reply #728 on: February 26, 2014, 04:16:08 am »

Well, I kind of fell down some stairs, then minion 1 fell, minion 2 , minion 3... Minion 110.
I have an army of dragons. But they aren't very effective against goblins so I use giant cave spiders instead.
There are dead babies all over my legendary dining hall and my population has halved. Thank you.

Sheaim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 26, 2014, 07:11:02 pm »

Worldender. An OP Giant, I thought nothing could as mucha s touch me.

I didn't know elephants could strangle with their trunks.

EDIT: Also, in Masterwork the Frost Giants are OP. All my attacks just "glance away", no matter what kind of a weapon I use. My char? Superdwarveny strong, tough and agile Legion dwarf with Legendary +15 in a weapon, dodging and armor using.

This is bollocks, seriously.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:04:54 am by Sheaim »

ÆthintheEevee

• Bay Watcher
  • Burn them with FIRE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 20, 2014, 04:21:17 pm »

Well... I was going after a Necro tower as a dragon, just having fun... burning them with fire, of course. I take a hit, losing all ability to stand. By this time, I learned how do destroy doors (breath fire while someone is standing in the doorway). I managed to get out, falling unconscious every other frame, yet I managed to get out, and travel. When I stopped... I was fully healed. How that happened... I don't even know. I went back... and before I got close, a Elf corpse sniped me in the head.

Also... Bronze Colossi apparently die if frozen as well. A magical metal statue, dying to being trapped in ice. 
"Aliens: Death is coming for you."
"Out of grenades!" Throws Eevee.
What is this?! This isn't XCOM! Where are the deaths, the screams, the bodies of humanities "finest"? 

The Cafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 20, 2014, 04:53:04 pm »

Was a vampire and killing people in a human fort, and I killed someone in one of the lookout towers. I walked down the staircase, then I saw, "The flying John Doe corpse strikes you in the head, the arm etc.." and I died somehow. Later I read the legends and it said, "Killed by a flying object", so I suppose I got crushed by a dead guy then...

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 20, 2014, 05:25:23 pm »

I was sent to kill a bandit leader. I'm a Legendary +4 Swordsmaster with two injured companions. Upon reaching the camp, I saw many weaponmasters and even more regular bandits. I high-tailed it out of there, letting my companions take the fall. I fast-traveled away, saving one of my companions. My companion and I slept on a nearby road because it was getting dark. In the middle of the night, we were attacked by the same bandits. They surrounded and killed both of us, but not before I took 7 bandits with me, including a Macelord.

Yaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 20, 2014, 11:24:59 pm »

After killing a bunch of bandits, minotaurs,  weird lizard things in sewers, and hyenas (one of my axeman turned legendary wrestler mouth kissed to death) we got sent to deal with some dude in a swamp. Said "dude" turns out to be a demon or titan or something that flies down webs everyone and then murders the lot of us before the web wears off. And that is what its all about.

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 21, 2014, 08:56:48 pm »

Gota hate em web Titans, I lost a few hero's to it until one day I decided to send a raiding party at it and successfully killed it, but with at least 1 or 2 casualties though, but it was worth it. :D
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 59