Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 156690 times)

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #750 on: April 10, 2014, 12:06:23 am »

I made a character called Steve Baldbear "The Balls of Man", went to get quests, one was to kill a vampire name Tise [Enter Last Name Here, cause I forgot it...] who killed 1277 people... So I thought "What the hell, let's do it!" went over to his shop, told him im gonna kill him... In hindsight not such a good idea. He started biting all the shopkeepers around him... Broke my arm, and both legs... I went unconscious. He ran, tried to slowly limp after him, found him. Stabbed him, he took it right back out and stab it right through my brain... Just another day I suppose :D

uncle.kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 10, 2014, 01:42:26 am »

So, my late friend, went by name Chewedbears, got mauled by a bear. What an irony. "Missing upper half of his body". What a poetic death.

Another one went to a tomb in the search of some equipment. A trap was set off and there he was, lying in a pool of his own blood, with upper spine broken. He suffocated few moments later.

There was also that guy, who left the village and instantly got surrounded by pigmen. He managed to kill them all and then got mauled by another pack of pigmen.

And finally, another adventurer left the village and right after he came across a river next to the village, he met a pack of drakes. And his doom.

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 10, 2014, 10:17:21 am »

Jumped down a small ledge in mountainous terrain. Turned out it was a volcano.

Was given a quest to kill some dude in a town. Wandered into a house to get some armor because I was an Outsider peasant. Turned out, not only was he in that building, he was right next to the door. Basically, open door, walk in, mace to the head.

Epic fight in town, me as a husk vs the village. Dodge into well.

Epic fight, me as a grandmaster spearman vs a giant dingo. Dodge into volcano.

Lots of dodging off of or into things. Bridges, cliffs, wells, stairs, so on.
Many say that humanity is a naturally good and benevolent race. Obviously, they have yet to meet us.

Wabbaction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 11, 2014, 01:59:02 pm »

Boogeymen shortly after my companion mr. Pikeman suddenly disappeared.

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
  • You have been struck down! It was inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 12, 2014, 08:00:46 am »

You have melted!

Between campsites that protected me from Bogeymen...
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."
"A-anou, Necromancer-san, could...  C-Could I have your autograph?"
If you imagine an 8-bit Hinata with elf ears, it gets even more ridiculous ^_^

Wabbaction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 12, 2014, 01:58:21 pm »

Wait what, making a campfire kills bogeymen? Never used a campfire due to no need of melting ice, how to make it actually?
Got killed lately by a night creature I underestimated.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 12, 2014, 02:21:52 pm »

Campfires wont prevent bogeymen from appearing or harm them in any way; they're just used as an impromptu barrier to prevent walking bogeymen from getting to you. It doesn't help if any of them can fly, which is pretty common, or if you use a pond to border one side: they can swim.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 19, 2014, 01:18:57 pm »

Campfires wont prevent bogeymen from appearing or harm them in any way; they're just used as an impromptu barrier to prevent walking bogeymen from getting to you. It doesn't help if any of them can fly, which is pretty common, or if you use a pond to border one side: they can swim.

I've never seen a flying bogeyman. Are you sure they are that common? I only spent a couple of hours playing adventurer mode, but still... It never happened.
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 19, 2014, 01:20:21 pm »

I went through an old fortress, got my head cut off by a disk trap.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Frostea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 19, 2014, 09:43:16 pm »

Walked into a tower with some companions, decked out in adamantine gear from my old fort. I expected to bait the undead horde out to kill them one by one, but the moment I stepped into the tower, I was attacked by something like 10 zombies, and subsequently dodged all the attacks. Right into the middle of the tower, surrounded by the necromancer and over 40 zombies.

Well, as a final act of contempt, I bisected the necromancer before going down heroically with my 2 other companions.

Vozhban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 20, 2014, 02:11:26 pm »

Entered a lair in a cursed biome. Killed its owner. Took his possesions. Killed by the owner's reanimated corpse while trying to leave with loot.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 20, 2014, 02:19:22 pm »

Achievement unlocked : Death from beyond the grave!
In a time before time, I had a name.

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 21, 2014, 12:57:33 am »

Entered a lair in a cursed biome. Killed its owner. Took his possesions. Killed by the owner's reanimated corpse while trying to leave with loot.

He had a grudge on you.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 21, 2014, 11:12:02 am »

Owner of lair/loot: HAHAHAHAHAHAHANOPE
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 21, 2014, 01:24:59 pm »

A bronze colossus got me. It was gruesome.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 59