Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 156988 times)

mclarky96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #840 on: February 04, 2015, 07:28:52 pm »

Today I was wandering around aimlessy and a barn owl corpse came out of no where and started swooping and he bruised my guts so I was vomitting everywhere and then eventually  he knocked me unconcious and 1000 turns later I ended up dead with the owl shaking me around by the head somehow

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 04, 2015, 07:44:06 pm »

I've never encountered an aggressive giant cave spider before. I've fallen into their webs many times, but the only way I'd know they were there was by using cheats to detect them, so I never believed anyone who said they were killed by one.

I stopped on an underground highway for lunch, and got shot with a strand of webbing from the shadows. This thing crawled in and sprayed the whole room in webs, then did it again and again. It chased my partner offscreen for awhile, and I managed to get free before it came back and blasted me again, then the whole room for good measure. He kept picking away at me and getting deflected by my armor for about 5 mins, during which my partner had hacked through the room to him and laid a whip lash across the back of his head. He turned and broke her in a couple seconds, doused me in web some more, then cracked my forearm, causing me to pass out. I woke up to a whole lot of postmortem spam.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: February 04, 2015, 10:05:08 pm »

>.>

You can set fires while webbed.

I learned this while webbed in a cavern as I was playing .24 before dfhack was ready so I couldn't cheat unweb myself.

First I tried to gather the webs (got some silk, neat) then I thought "wait, I can ignite the cave moss here? hell, I'm in full armor, I'll be fine"

*lights myself on fire*

"Wait, I can ignite the moss under the spider too!"

*does so, it runs away*

"Hmmm, probably should have tried that before igniting myself."

stockpile

• Escaped Lunatic
  • spiders are just legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: February 04, 2015, 10:42:41 pm »

Start screwing around and attack my fellow elven brothers, fight one on top of a tree, they start vommiting, get pushed off the tree, vommited on, get killed by bogeyman.

Bosse323

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 04, 2015, 11:11:39 pm »

I was killed off by my old zombie adventurers.

Azereiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: February 04, 2015, 11:23:11 pm »

Bandit ringleader beat me with my own helmet. :|

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: February 05, 2015, 12:16:31 am »

I like night creatures but I dislike kungfu babies.
sigged
Dont like correcting people much but I spelt it with a G for a reason. Now I feel like a dick.
Il give you a story..

Once upon a time there was a group of dwarven bandits living in the snow ridden tundra of the south where the wind was bone chilling, the group was led by a goblin cheiftess, she was a powerful warrior. One day out of thin air a human materialised and it brought awe to everyone her name was dirt she had a smile on her face but wore nothing else. One of the dwarves decided to join her on adventures!  They had great long conversations about the finerys of weaving on a loom. She approached the goblin with her new friend asked her about the area, the goblin replyed "wait until im home" this annoyed her, she then asked her to JOIN ME ON AN ADVENTURE! "my duty is here" she replyed
you draw your copper spear with your left hand
You draw your copper dagger with your right hand

She lunged foward at the goblin eyes filled with ire and pfffth an arrow peirced her heat.. "I YEILD".. she looked behind her and saw that her friendhad shot her. On the groud with the camp laughing she dragged her body away leaving a trail of crimsion on white her pulse getting slower and every move getting harder. The light around her began to dim.

As quick as we come into this word.
Its as quick for us to leave.

I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: February 24, 2015, 06:18:42 pm »

I jumped into a magma smelter because I got lost inside the fortress and I couldn't escape any other way.

This wasn't a descent into the fortress...

This was a descent into madness...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: February 24, 2015, 06:20:45 pm »

Jumped a little too far, got my ribs jammed through my heart.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: February 24, 2015, 10:53:25 pm »

...technically the adventurer is still alive, but man, I just went through collecting armor for my two hammerdorf companions, got them both in full steel plate, steel hammers, one has a title, other is close, heading towards some inviting stuff after having wandered through a completely empty dark fortress, then this:
Code: [Select]
[DFHack]# *** Error in `./libs/Dwarf_Fortress': corrupted double-linked list: 0xdb1b1ec0 ***
die
./dfhack: line 43: 23179 Killed                  setarch i386 -R env LD_PRELOAD="$PRELOAD_LIB" ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress "$@"
*sigh*

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: February 24, 2015, 10:56:17 pm »

...technically the adventurer is still alive, but man, I just went through collecting armor for my two hammerdorf companions, got them both in full steel plate, steel hammers, one has a title, other is close, heading towards some inviting stuff after having wandered through a completely empty dark fortress, then this:
Code: [Select]
[DFHack]# *** Error in `./libs/Dwarf_Fortress': corrupted double-linked list: 0xdb1b1ec0 ***
die
./dfhack: line 43: 23179 Killed                  setarch i386 -R env LD_PRELOAD="$PRELOAD_LIB" ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress "$@"
*sigh*

Sounds like your spells backfired.  :D

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: February 24, 2015, 11:24:11 pm »

Don't even have any T.T it's funny because the only thing I hacked with her is using advfort to dismantle some forges, taking the steel anvils downstairs, dismantling a magma smelter, building a magma forge, melting down the anvils and making me some steel gear (masterwork battle axe first thing I made, awesome, shame it took a lot longer to get the rest of the gear to exceptional or masterwork, and getting the second masterwork boot took forever since I can't stand having just one...) then going out and looking for some easy targets to instead stumble on a careless dragon (facing the other way) in an abandoned fortress, making my first kill with my first-try-masterwork axe a frickin dragon.

Then after rampaging across to the west it just spit that out shortly after hopping back into travel mode from a river crossing.

They're sitting there looking at me now like "I could swear we were more awesome and somewhere far to the west a second ago... what the hell?"...

AzTech2064

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon Tamer (Beginner)
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: February 25, 2015, 04:53:41 pm »

sooo i started my adventure after retiring my fort, after getting some iFUN! with the circus. But since i got a artifact adamantine weapon, and got enough to build around 7 sets of armor, i reserved the artifact and the armor for him... i made a dwarf, started in my fort, grabbed my artifact weapon and my armor and ventured south into the wilds, rampaging through the wilds, killing everything i see and eating hearts from everything that had one. after i rampaged around quite some time, i finally fopund a hamlet and swiped through 5 bandit camps decapitating every bandit/goblin i came across. and after the last camp i noticed that there is a dark tower just to the north. so i verntured in there, killed some gobbos and finally reached a room full of around 40 or 50 passive trolls, so i sneaked up on every single one and decapitated them, until one striked at me... wich resulted in the following:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i hate dodging through walls....... i free fell around... dont know, like 50 z levels?^^

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: February 25, 2015, 11:31:32 pm »

Yeah, I always set my combat preferences to "stand ground" because of my first experience jumping into an open pit in a dark tower.

Marya Clare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 27, 2015, 12:18:50 pm »

Char's still alive just crawling around because a giant dingo slashed an artery in their leg. Now they are moving around a random hamlet searching for crutches in vain. If all else fails I will try to find my old starting hamlet and see if I can find crutches there (I seem to recall at least one crutch). Kinda wish suturing was a skill as well as the option to use magic to heal:P
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59