Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 155488 times)

EpsilonSigma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #600 on: April 23, 2013, 10:01:50 am »

Today:
Death 1: Bogeymen - Apparently my companion had abandoned me before I quick travelled
Death 2: Zombie horde - Attempting to grab books from a necro tower using a rubbish adventurer I didn't mind losing
Death 3: Repeat of the above
Death 4: Killed by wolves after I got some books
Death 5: Goblins in the night (Two nights in a row I got ambushed, but on the first my small army of warriors provided a human shield and got brutally murdered distrcted the goblins and I ran away
Death 6: Goblins again
Death 7: More goblins
Death 8: Got stabbed in the head by an angry villager
Death 9: Went searching for my necromancer adventurer, ended well for the necromancer
Death 10: *Loads up DF to see what will happen*

Assigning the stats to these guys is getting really boring today :P

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 09, 2013, 06:19:17 pm »

Saw this on my list of watched posts and thought it was the thread in the "other games" forum :/
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

human_dictionary

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 11, 2013, 10:51:59 am »

you always get the easy quests at the beginning: kill this night creature who has killed over 9000 people in their lust for murder!

and then you find an unarmed, totally naked peasant and kill him by stepping on his toes. you know the drill

its always when they expect you to find a camp and kill a chief and his men when i die. i think i need some more experience.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 11, 2013, 10:32:17 pm »

I was trying to train up my wrestling against a Wild Boar and got kicked in the head.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

evanderep

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrel Problems
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 12, 2013, 08:38:10 am »

Dang, i forgot to drink blood lol

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 12, 2013, 08:55:58 am »

Dying is for the weak once you've found the way of true immortality.

oh_no

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 12, 2013, 07:44:59 pm »

Mem hacked up a legendary demigod with full stats so I could rampage across the lands. While I was looking for people to attack in a village I stumbled across some yaks. I started slashing them with my copper dagger, till I swear they couldn't have hit me for all the Pain modifiers and such. Then they knocked me over and kicked my head in.

Don't fuck with yaks, people.

Rustydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 13, 2013, 01:38:20 am »

Well I killed a Roc and a Minotaur, only to have the sh*t beaten out off me by a Giant Wren.
Well that's FUN, eh?

Anin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 13, 2013, 10:43:04 am »

Setic Lostsoul was strangled to death with the left wing of a Roc, almost as soon as I loaded my new goblin up.
Standard DF procedure, people find bugs, report them and then proceed to kill Elves in creative ways with the bug until its resolved.

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 13, 2013, 04:08:51 pm »

On my first quest I had 2 spear men with me and a swordsman; the Night Freak I was supposed to kill punched me in the head on the first move and tore my upper spine  >:V

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 15, 2013, 03:20:08 pm »

Started playing on my laptop, so genned a small world.

Killed some Peregrine Falcon men, some Thrips men, a giant louse.

Killed some Barn Owl Men. They flew off, so I gave chase. Killed one while it was on the level above me.

Code: [Select]
The Barn Owl Man mutilated corpse strikes You in the head, bruising the muscle and tearing apart the upper spine's nervous tissue through the rope reed fiber cap!
You lose hold of the bronze scimitar.
You lose hold of the iron shield.
You fall over.

I check the logs. It wasn't raised. Check the floor, it's definitely dead.
I realise what happened.
It fell on me. I killed it, and it fell on me. And hit my head. And now I'm going to die.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 16, 2013, 12:22:26 pm »

Started playing on my laptop, so genned a small world.

Killed some Peregrine Falcon men, some Thrips men, a giant louse.

Killed some Barn Owl Men. They flew off, so I gave chase. Killed one while it was on the level above me.

Code: [Select]
The Barn Owl Man mutilated corpse strikes You in the head, bruising the muscle and tearing apart the upper spine's nervous tissue through the rope reed fiber cap!
You lose hold of the bronze scimitar.
You lose hold of the iron shield.
You fall over.

I check the logs. It wasn't raised. Check the floor, it's definitely dead.
I realise what happened.
It fell on me. I killed it, and it fell on me. And hit my head. And now I'm going to die.

Thats for those who played Raze online game series: New Achivement: Death from beyond the grave!
In a time before time, I had a name.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 17, 2013, 03:48:27 pm »

I became a necromancer early in my recent adventurer's career, and immediately began to accumulate corpses as I fought my way through bandit camps. The end result; I wandered into the territory of the local brutemen (semi-megabeasts made into a civilization, all of one species) and was ambushed by an army of them. Probably as many as you'd get in a small siege, but it was dark so I couldn't really tell the exact numbers. Anyway, the battle went rather terribly for my undead as they consisted of the weaker playable races and some dingoes, bear, and deer. The undead killed fairly few of them. I was eventually defeated when I passed out in front of a pikeman.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 22, 2013, 02:29:15 pm »

I got my head kicked off by a vampire.

On my first quest.

And then my next two tries I got stabbed in the head instantly by the same bandit with a silver longsword.

And then I got murdered by another bandit.

It hasn't been going well for me. On my latest one my only companion immediately got her arm bitten off by alligators.
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 22, 2013, 03:39:52 pm »

Try dumping points into shield use and dodging, and one weapon skill (for an actual weapon, otherwise it wont give you a shield) And don't forget swimming or reading. And attributes into agility and strength. Then, go kill a few dozen wild animals in range of a village (small ones first) before fighting other humanoids. That will help ensure you are more successful and survive the first few engagements more often.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 59