Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 155476 times)

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #615 on: May 22, 2013, 05:04:14 pm »

Thanks for the info.

...She didn't die, by the way. She just... Walked it off when we fast travelled. I am okay with this.
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #616 on: May 25, 2013, 06:56:31 am »

Went into A house and talked to A miner, I hit "night creature" and it ambushed me, I was so surprised, and his first attack took of my leg.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #617 on: May 27, 2013, 01:37:59 am »

...She didn't die, by the way. She just... Walked it off when we fast travelled. I am okay with this.
Adventurers in DF are very good at walking off anything short of nerve damage or a severed limb. Even then, missing one arm isn't too much of a hindrance.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 28, 2013, 08:37:52 am »

Adventurers in DF are very good at walking off anything short of nerve damage or a severed limb. Even then, missing one arm isn't too much of a hindrance.

She became a wrestler and strangled a dingo to death with one arm.

#1baddwarf
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 28, 2013, 10:13:49 pm »

I'm pretty new here. I have been playing DF for about five months, I think, mostly in Fortress mode. Yesterday I decided to give adventure mode a try again (it was really slow on my last computer for some reason).
So, I have had five adventurers in the last day. The first four died by: ambush, bogeymen, kobolds, and a warlord. I got impatient attempting to level swimming, sneaking, knapping, throwing and archer, so I went on a quest with that last one, alone. Oops. Now, I am swimming in the ocean with my fifth adventurer in 24 hours. I might drown this time.

p.s. has anyone else seen a carp stand up lately? That was an interesting battle.

hairypotatoes

• Bay Watcher
  • i like potatoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 28, 2013, 11:08:43 pm »

tavelling to some mountian to free the land of some horrible roc along with my 100+ undead buddys when prompty im ambushed by 200+ goblins were a battle of epic proportions is waged. The only problem was it was the dead of night and i didnt have the los to bring everything back from the dead i could only raise the few i could see and after a long battle and so so many dead goblins i was finally over run and slowly ripped apart limb from limb but with iron for will i kept fighting as they ripped me to peices claiming a few more goblins with my dieing breaths. I felt like that was a suitable ending to my legendary hero Athis slaughterfortresses the gilded tips of crewing.
potato?

Anjovi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 29, 2013, 07:03:28 pm »

I got tired near a mountain region and took a nap to get woken up by a Fire Bird.
Burned to death in one turn, was kind of a shame that I didn't think of trying to lie prone...

Another time I was having a pretty good run. Killed off about 5 quest items and had a band of 6 altogether. I then thought I'd give an Ice warlock a try.....Needless to say he was a warlock made of ice...and there were a bunch of them. My Steel sword did nothing to him and I was lucky to run into 2 of the Ice men isolated from the rest so it was a long bit of 2 bolt men, 1 rifle men *mod*, 1 mase man, a hammer man and I pummeling them until they finally croaked.

Up to this point I've found wrestling to be quite handy as I've killed off many guys by strangling them until they pass out then just lobbing there heads off after. I even managed to subdue 1 of these big guys in a grab striking him with my metal bracer repeatedly until his head finally caved in.

When it came to the big fight no go...they immediately finished off the 2 melee guys who seemed to have been doing all the work and my attempts to latch on to the warlock and bash her head in did was shit...hehe

she crushed my skull in with her crystal mace, i let go and try to retreat and she finishes the job repeatedly bashing my skull in until i die.
I wanted to draw it for the other thread but these guys are outside of my stick man drawing skills.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 02:58:45 am by Anjovi »

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 31, 2013, 02:16:35 pm »

I was a hearty, adventurous being in the Lands of Dusting. I was a Hammerdwarf, and pretty much impervious to death.
All until that...fateful night..

I receive a quest to kill a notorious vampire that had killed the Monarch of the Lands of Dusting, and had made it far out of their reach.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Being a hammerdwarf, I can't draw blood. I can only blunt the f*&% out of it until it passes out. Then I usually take my dagger out and finish the job, to draw blood to drink it and get the perks of being a vampire. After I make the vampire pass out due to suffocation, I poke a hole in it's throat to sever the jugular vein. In doing so, it makes the enemy bleed out in under 3 turns.

I do *lol* a bit while doing this, which pretty much curses my character. It always does..

After the vampire dies, I get down 'n' dirty with the blood hole. I sleep a night and become a vampire. Since I am a good vampire, I only eat my enemies.

So, about an in-game week later, I go out to kill some bandits. Near a river. I kill them all no problem.

But then..the alligators come.. My arm is bitten off and my legs are mangled. I worm my way over to the river and dive in thinking it would help.
The nearby civ's water source is polluted by 6 pints of dwarven blood. I died. The end.
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #623 on: June 21, 2013, 07:05:50 pm »

Just walking along the path when suddenly the same mega beast that basically annihilated every fort I previously had murdered me.I just realized it was right out of my minimap, and I wasn't trying to find it, Weird....
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 25, 2013, 07:51:45 pm »

Had a bronze colossus beat my head with a sock(Iron helm ftw!) while I was passed out and then once I woke up he stopped playing and punted me.

Journeyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 25, 2013, 08:17:40 pm »

I fell down the stairs.

To elaborate, I was in a keep, climbing the towers in order to recruit soldiers, the usual. Unfortunately, on the way down one of the ramps one of my companions and I collided, sending me tumbling down two levels. Did I shatter my spine on impact, leaving me paralyzed from the neck down? You bet I did! Did my companions seem concerned as I dragged myself out into the courtyard, moments before suffocating to death? No, no they did not.

granzteel

• Bay Watcher
  • Humans think better than.. err, maybe dwarves do.
    • View Profile
    • Granzland!
« Reply #626 on: June 26, 2013, 04:10:36 am »

killed by bogeymen, again, and again, and again, and again..

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 26, 2013, 09:07:57 am »

I just got ambushed by giant sharks while sleeping next to the ocean... they approached me from behind, unable to move they suffocated on the beach...

Oh yeah, i frozen to death a minute after
Dabbling Overseer

Mentalpatient87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 26, 2013, 10:32:41 am »

Trying to level up throwing, knapping, and ambushing goes terribly wrong a few times due to water dragons. (masterwork) The first time it spotted me when I hit the wrong button. The second time I made it dodge into the ocean and swam after it. I ran out of sharp rocks and thought I might be able to sneak a kill shot in on the nauseous, brain damaged, bone-broken water dragon before me. Instead I had three limbs torn off and my torso bitten in half.

I know I'm not playing it safe, but flocks of gulls are so boring! And so is powerleveling...
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow dwarf is either a fool or a coward. Whoever can not take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded dwarf shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 26, 2013, 11:48:38 am »

Masterwork is a lot harder than Genesis when it comes to adventure mode. Water Dragons used to rape me as well.
Dabbling Overseer
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 59