Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 155482 times)

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #660 on: September 30, 2013, 06:26:40 pm »

Things went downhill from here.

> mfw Fifty Shades of Twilight.

e___e
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 30, 2013, 06:51:29 pm »

There was a single minotaur in a small world that I generated. I had thought that it would be an easy kill. Easier than the several dozen night-creatures, at least.

I was so wrong. It had a bronze pick. Usually they are unarmed, though I have seen some with weapons, but never a pick, and never better than copper.

And after 125 years the only human civ hadn't expanded past a single hamlet, so there was literally no armour in the world. All the lairs were filled with fiber, wool, or leather clothing, but no armours.

7 adventurers lay dead before I could land a single hit on him. That single hit with my spear had severed a nerve in his left arm, rendering it useless and forcing him to drop the pick. After he finished strangling me I re-rolled a new character, confident now since he didn't have his weapon.

But when I went back to the labyrinth, his arm had healed, somehow, and he had the pick again. It took several more adventurers before one got a lucky shot with her crossbow.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 30, 2013, 09:53:58 pm »

There was a single minotaur in a small world that I generated. I had thought that it would be an easy kill. Easier than the several dozen night-creatures, at least.

I was so wrong. It had a bronze pick. Usually they are unarmed, though I have seen some with weapons, but never a pick, and never better than copper.

And after 125 years the only human civ hadn't expanded past a single hamlet, so there was literally no armour in the world. All the lairs were filled with fiber, wool, or leather clothing, but no armours.

7 adventurers lay dead before I could land a single hit on him. That single hit with my spear had severed a nerve in his left arm, rendering it useless and forcing him to drop the pick. After he finished strangling me I re-rolled a new character, confident now since he didn't have his weapon.

But when I went back to the labyrinth, his arm had healed, somehow, and he had the pick again. It took several more adventurers before one got a lucky shot with her crossbow.
I can imagine that scene.

*Is dying*
"This...Was for those who came before me...Bitch." *Shoots and scores*
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 13, 2013, 02:27:46 pm »

Fighting a lion next to a canyon; the lion charges me into the canyon, and we fall for 5 Z-levels into a river. I manage to hit him once before drowning. It's enough to make him suffocate a turn later.

Quite epic.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #664 on: October 13, 2013, 02:53:05 pm »

Fighting a lion next to a canyon; the lion charges me into the canyon, and we fall for 5 Z-levels into a river. I manage to hit him once before drowning. It's enough to make him suffocate a turn later.

Quite epic.
I have A urge to poorly illistrate this, Permission? EDIT: what weapon you had?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 13, 2013, 06:16:21 pm »

Quite epic.
I have A urge to poorly illistrate this, Permission? EDIT: what weapon you had?

Go on. I had an iron sword and leather armor (I don't remember, I think I had a helm, probably copper)
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #666 on: October 13, 2013, 06:41:45 pm »

Spoiler: is big (click to show/hide)

Finished the picture.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 14, 2013, 02:06:14 pm »

Great picture.

Meanwhile, I had a much less "epic" situation: a dwarf who charged a crab in the sea and drowned (only novice swimmer).

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #668 on: October 14, 2013, 06:19:52 pm »

Thats to amusing, I can just imagine you being plankton and crab being crusty crab, :P

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 15, 2013, 10:00:47 am »

I decided it was a good Idea to walk off an eight-Z level cliff to get to the other side of town. I was turned to paste.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

dashadowlord

• Bay Watcher
  • this games out to get me
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 15, 2013, 07:03:31 pm »

shadow bloodyangel legendery axeman killer of dosens of megabests kill list 1000+. got ambushed by 20 goblens mostly weaponmasters. killed all but one without taking a hit. went to strike the last one down. died of old age.
If life were like DF, Toady's strange mood would have produced an Artifact Game of Awesome that menaces with spikes of code ten years ago.  
But it is not.
Instead, what we have is a single obsessive mason trying to carve Mt. Rushmore.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 16, 2013, 11:00:46 am »

shadow bloodyangel legendery axeman killer of dosens of megabests kill list 1000+. got ambushed by 20 goblens mostly weaponmasters. killed all but one without taking a hit. went to strike the last one down. died of old age.

That goblin is the luckiest living being in that world.

I have another story:
I finally manage to turn my dwarf into a vampire, after 4 or 5 failed attempts. He becomes an axelord, and starts being a badass in various situations. He manages to kill an entire goblin "infestation" in some catacombs, including about 20 using bows/crossbows and 2 crossbow masters - all of this receiving only one hit: a dart in the lower body, that leaves only a scar; he kills an hydra then a dragon, by himself, without being hit once. Finally, a lord orders him to fight a titan. I had never seen a titan in Adventure mode before, so I was quite scared, but I had a plan: I asked an unlucky archer to follow me, to go to the titan's shrine. The plan is this: I sneak towards the titan, I watch what happens to the archer, to check the ability of the titan, then I go away and I come back with a big army for the fight. The titan turns out to be an eyeless spider made of water, with poisonous bite. I stay hidden behind some trees, and the archer attacks: the titan is hit, but obviously the arrow is not enough, so he runs towards the archer, that is firing all the arrows he can. The spider shoots a LOT of webs at the archer, then walks near him and KICKS HIS HEAD OFF. In a single hit. I should probably point out that the webs he shot before had caught me too, so I was not sneaking anymore. I try to run away, but he shoots other webs at me, than walks to me and KICKS MY HEAD OFF TOO. That was the second time my dwarf was hit in his life. I still have the world; sooner or later I will create another character, assemble an army and (maybe) get my revenge.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 16, 2013, 12:38:02 pm »

For a webshooter titan made of water, I would seriously suggest an army of archers. You won't be able to close to melee range without being put down like that again, but the beast is physically weak and very fragile due to being made of a liquid so a dozen or so archers might have a couple lucky hits and kill it quickly.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 16, 2013, 02:02:05 pm »

A decent army, equipped with DFHack, is usually enough to take down even webshooters made of hard materials. While your close-range fighters struggle and archers fire hail of arrows on immortal beast, you go and decapitate it from rear.

It all gets better, if webshooter can instantly rot his enemies with gas or dust. But that is another story...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 16, 2013, 02:23:24 pm »

My most recent adventurer had a bit of fun while fighting a hulking troll.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 59