Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 156774 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #795 on: May 26, 2014, 01:53:48 pm »

What armor were you wearing, ADAMANTINE? How did you deflect so many attacks?

mastamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: May 26, 2014, 02:05:47 pm »

bronze, and superhumantoughness. i don't know how, but maybe i was lucky...
i get a lot of weird RNG lately, like dismembering guy A's arms, arm strikes guy B in the upperbody, tearing apart the heart, and ofcourse it was locked in place XD

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: May 26, 2014, 02:21:29 pm »

Dude, can I borrow your luck for a few minutes? I have a nation to lay waste to.

mastamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 26, 2014, 02:35:00 pm »

Dude, can I borrow your luck for a few minutes? I have a nation to lay waste to.

be my guest XD
just don't get to where the sewer ends on the river  :-\ i seem to have a bad time there always....
new adventurer, walks along the river, in the town, i see the one layer below pop up.... and the hitlog.... 25 fungiwood blowdarts killed him

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 26, 2014, 03:23:41 pm »

If you cover your whole body with metal armor, you will be invincible to sewer bandits. Helmet, mail shirt, high/low boots, and gauntlets cover everything.

mastamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: May 26, 2014, 03:28:29 pm »

If you cover your whole body with metal armor, you will be invincible to sewer bandits. Helmet, mail shirt, high/low boots, and gauntlets cover everything.

i know, but still, so much lol, he died on his first day, 20 meters from home XD like in:
- mom! im going on an adventure!
5 minutes later
- madam, is this your son? he died

Alestance

• Bay Watcher
  • [VILLAINOUS_THEMATIC: LIGHTBULBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 26, 2014, 07:28:39 pm »

Clowns. No, not demons. Human clowns.

One of these trickster mages turned me into a scarecrow, and then one of the zombies tore hay out of me.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 26, 2014, 07:35:37 pm »

Clowns. No, not demons. Human clowns.

One of these trickster mages turned me into a scarecrow, and then one of the zombies tore hay out of me.
Playing Dwarf Chocolate I see. That is my favorite mod, simply because I love secrets.

mastamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: May 27, 2014, 05:08:22 pm »

so, i got a copy of a friend's world yesterday.
worldgen: 2000 years
fortress: lasted 1256 years
-how did it end: magma safety device switched on, someone broke the off switch, entire fortress died.
-however, my friend was able to sell every single artifact the dwarves made in the nick of time.

so, i start an adventure :)
found some minor artifact armor and weapons, lets search for more in the wild.
after a few hours i was legendary swordsman and ambusher.
i hear: you will remember the demonic lizards! if you live!
1 guy, i thought, aw how cute, im going to split him in half :)
he had the 4 most valuable artifacts for armor and weapon, a total weight of 600, 300 for the sword.
every hit launched me 2 tiles away, and i did not even scratch him.
so we kept on fighting for 2 ingame days non stop, me being a vampire and some honeybadger conveniently came by.
i finally started bruising him!!!!! while after each hit i delivered i got knocked back 2 tiles.
on the 4th day, the worst happened: someone else came... with a giant 250 weighing silver hammer artifact.
luckily he was very slow, but the sword guy tunnelvisioned on me, and got his brain scattered over the battlefield....
and then i died, by the hammer, because my torso went airborne  8) while the limbs laid on the ground  :'(

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 27, 2014, 06:16:03 pm »

Can you ask your friend to upload the world to DFFD? I want to play it!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 28, 2014, 01:56:20 am »

Not everything. Your digits are still vulnerable (bug) and your face is uncovered.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 28, 2014, 02:53:46 am »

As experience shows, nope. You'll get killed anyway. Lashers & Archers. Or even a Hammerman at lower levels of power.

No armor helps from zombies. Their punches/kicks are powerful enough to break bones even through it. But Legendary Dodger (and Shield User) can help you survive for quite a while before eventual demise.

Not so long ago I tried to teach my companions hand-to-hand fighting and shield-using through a sparring. With the help of sewer bandits, of course. I encountered several interesting things (like bandits remaining non-hostile to body-swapped companions, even while "sparring") and one obese pikeman, who was turned into a wrestler. He was a god. My companions (even the oldest ones, who killed around hundred of sentients each) struggled away with broken hands one after another. Then he casually kicked in the head of another contestant. All of this while being Proficient Striker and Competent Wrestler...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 28, 2014, 01:59:41 pm »

I had trained up my adventurer to be an elite wrestler I killed nearly 100 crabs, then I found my corpse, I decided to put it in the catacombs and put myself to rest, then I walked through a door and got my upper spine broken and most of my body getting moderate to severe injuries.
At least I put my other self to rest. :c
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 28, 2014, 02:43:27 pm »

As experience shows, nope. You'll get killed anyway. Lashers & Archers. Or even a Hammerman at lower levels of power.
Sewer bandits. SEWER bandits. You know, those animal people that only have wooden weapons?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 28, 2014, 03:45:30 pm »

Sewer bandits. SEWER bandits. You know, those animal people that only have wooden weapons?
Yeah. And even THEY can kill a new adventurer. Sadly, I somewhat lost sight of a terrific sewer bandits, hunting them for fun in my long-lasting campaign. More exciting than them are only ambushes - huge meatgrinders of 20 vs 50.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 59