Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 155481 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #855 on: February 27, 2015, 01:32:17 pm »

You can kinda-sorta use "healing magic" if you become a werebeast or mod the game to give a magic spell (interaction) that transforms the recipient into some other creature for an instant. Transformations cause instant healing of all wounds, you see.

You can try my spellcrafts mod on for size in future worlds; It has a healing spell.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=6378
And if you find a problem, please pm me.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 27, 2015, 10:48:50 pm »

There should be a way to write a script that will go in and flip the associated flags.

If you're mangled and dead but don't hit anything except space once after the "you have been struck down" shows up, you can hit z and see your status (deceased of course) then go into gm-editor > body > components, flip every "gone" flag to "false", and all the "loss/damage" flags to false. Afterwards you'll be fully healed.

Arguably it takes less time to reroll a new adventurer, as a couple of those sections have like 200+ entries.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 28, 2015, 09:53:10 am »

The problem with that is that it still records your adventurer as dead in legends, so as soon as you retire, your adventurer will be gone.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 28, 2015, 10:57:59 pm »

Interesting, never retired someone after having done that actually, just checked and not even removing the death cause/id flags stopped it, probably something somewhere that could.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 01, 2015, 04:43:25 pm »

Sounds like a job for rumrusher.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 08, 2016, 07:25:54 am »

I'm no Footkerchief, but there was already a thread with this premise already. It died last year, but you should necro it.
Well, this one is already here and alive...so why bother necroing the previous one?
Because... OH LOOK I JUST NECRO'D IT.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Codyrex123

• Bay Watcher
  • The Core shall be ours!
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: July 10, 2016, 05:51:32 pm »

So dwarf necromancers can't die to dehydration, starving, or by undead (Unless you bring it upon yourself.) BUT they still breath, heres how I amazingly died.
I decided to go around sneak killing a hole load of lords, so that they don't know I did it but when I claimed the hamlet they'd just accept it, heres the thing, if anyone sees you with the blood on anything on your body, they instantly know its you (Cause reasons) apparently they can recognize everyone's blood on sight, whatever, I knew this and snuck out of the fortress to go to a river inside the hamlet territory, to add to the sneaky feeling I even picked up the body to dump into the river. So I get into the river and drop the body, then swim around a bit, hoping to increase to my next level... Then I swim underneath the bridge and not realize it said 'drowning' at the bottom till it was my last turn to get out from underneath the bridge...
Note to self: Bridge=Death to Necromancer
BEWARY OF THE BRIDGES!

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: July 10, 2016, 10:23:35 pm »

So dwarf necromancers can't die to dehydration, starving, or by undead (Unless you bring it upon yourself.) BUT they still breath, heres how I amazingly died.
I decided to go around sneak killing a hole load of lords, so that they don't know I did it but when I claimed the hamlet they'd just accept it, heres the thing, if anyone sees you with the blood on anything on your body, they instantly know its you (Cause reasons) apparently they can recognize everyone's blood on sight, whatever, I knew this and snuck out of the fortress to go to a river inside the hamlet territory, to add to the sneaky feeling I even picked up the body to dump into the river. So I get into the river and drop the body, then swim around a bit, hoping to increase to my next level... Then I swim underneath the bridge and not realize it said 'drowning' at the bottom till it was my last turn to get out from underneath the bridge...
Note to self: Bridge=Death to Necromancer
BEWARY OF THE BRIDGES!
Moral of the story: Necromancers, unlike witches, can in fact drown.

As for the blood, I think the problem was that you were exclusively killing the nobility. Obviously, their blue blood staining your clothes was a dead giveaway. /s
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Ganb

• Bay Watcher
  • Beast Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: July 20, 2016, 08:06:14 pm »

Be Tigerman, traveling with only a few hours till dawn. It'll be fine. Make campfire perimeter, wait for dawn.
Cue cackling. Whatevs I have a wall of fire. Wait for hours. Light starts to come, boogey men still here. Moving in closer to fire.
Muscular bogey man unnervingly close. Can he jump this campfire? I jump the campfire, sprinting away.
More bogey men materialize from nowhere and flank me.
I climb a tree. Everyone knows bogeymen can't climb trees.
Muscular bogey man climbs tree, punching me in the spleen with every branch I climb.
I jump to a crippling end. Bogey men dance the dance of victory around my corpse.
You need to find the most exotic animal pet you can, and then breed a war party of them. Have a beastmaster as your only guardian, wrapped in adamantium with a platinum war hammer that is backed by savage giant beasts from around the world.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: July 21, 2016, 04:34:06 am »

My last five adventurers have all died to lung shots, one time I got snatched by a roc in the lungs... How do you even snatch lungs? Others were to daggers, arrows, bolts, spears, and one time a punch that crushed my lungs, from a priest.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 21, 2016, 08:47:39 am »

My last five adventurers have all died to lung shots, one time I got snatched by a roc in the lungs... How do you even snatch lungs? Others were to daggers, arrows, bolts, spears, and one time a punch that crushed my lungs, from a priest.
Kali maa!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Feathermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 22, 2016, 11:20:16 am »

My last adventurer (an elephant woman) got thrown down one of those pits in goblin dark fortresses that lead all the way to the caverns.  Or nudged down.  Or tumbled down of her own accord.  I was never quite sure the exact cause as one minute she was thundering about in the dark, tossing goblins and trolls down the pits with wanton abandon, and the next she was tumbling down them herself, hopelessly flailing to catch herself as she fell.. and fell.. and fell.. and fell some more.. those are some deep pits.

Her death was attributed to a goblin who legends claims threw her against an obstacle causing immediate death, but I was never quite sure if she hadn't just sprinted recklessly over the edge.

Fawnek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 11, 2016, 11:25:56 pm »

just lost a leg to a trap...
We all have an Urist in our lives.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 11, 2016, 11:44:40 pm »

Night creatures. Without very high skills, they're absurdly hard to hit. And they're quite capable of sending a hyper-velocity fork through your helmet to one-shot you if you can't get a decisive blow early.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 12, 2016, 09:04:57 pm »

I remembered having one of my first adventurers die, by jumping off of a elven tree home. I forgot that A: flying doesn't work that way, and B: Mantis folk are squishy.

Later, I had a modded creature- a vampire lykas (lupine humanoid with tusks) who, after slaughtering a quite literal horde of goblins, a dragon and a titan (or two), got devoured by something that reminds me why I never go into the caverns: the fearsome giant [EXPLETIVE_DELETED] cave spider.
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59