Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31

Author Topic: Results In! Rainseeker's Animal Sponsorship Drive  (Read 137367 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Rainseeker's Animal Sponsorship Drive
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 12:46:25 am »

Neat and I was meaning to donate.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Kryten

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 12:49:38 am »

How about Peafowl? I didn't see them on the list or in the raws.

If I make a larger sized donation (say $100) can i choose two or three?
Because I want kiwis and platypuses (and peafowl if I can get them) but I would rather donate more once than less several times.
Likes black bronze, olivine, olivine and platypuses for their venomous spurs.
Tim Schafer pops up out of nowhere with Shigeru Miyamoto playing banjo on his back and gives Toady a high-five.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 01:03:27 am »

I hope this works out well, and continues in the future. Helps get random new wildlife into the game without it being a utter bore for Toady.

If its not a pain in the neck, is there some way for the community to know who's leading the voting? We could get some major campaigning in here for fan favorites, and heated favorite animal fights = $$ for Toady. Everybody wins! Except the loser. The loser does not win.

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 01:07:19 am »

Sure, I'll hand over ten bucks to get a crawlin' kingsnake. He rules his den, you know.
Monday or Tuesday, we'll see.

Edit: Done.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 09:24:03 am by Slax »

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2010, 01:10:13 am »

Damn. I am without a international credit card at the moment. It is a great idea, I hope it brings a lot of donations

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2010, 01:12:52 am »

Also missing from that list: Axolotls
It's on there. First one under amphibians.

Who wants to take a guess at some prefstrings?

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2010, 01:19:16 am »

I didn't check the list, but I hope the mountain biome get some love. I'm tired of moutain goats.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2010, 01:23:16 am »

Well, glad I held off donating for another week, otherwise I'd have missed the extra bonus.

$20 donated. Will I receive an e-mail to pick the animal?
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2010, 01:41:18 am »

Also missing from that list: Axolotls
It's on there. First one under amphibians.

Who wants to take a guess at some prefstrings?

Oh sure, It's on there *now*... :P

*shifty eyes*

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2010, 04:01:33 am »

Will I receive an e-mail to pick the animal?

Yeah, I'm getting to those right after this post.  It'll have a little blurb in there.

Oooh, niftiness. Out of curiosity, will these animals be implemented with all the expected bells and whistles, such as spitting cobras spitting venom, and termites eating wood?

I'm going to do my best -- there are things like the entire honey industry which I was considering putting in for the release but which overall might not be guaranteed with something like a bee sponsorship, but the existence and sponsorship of the bee certainly helps its prospects.  So, some of the animals imply more work than others, and I can't guarantee absolute satisfaction, but I am dedicated to getting things up to speed, and I'm all for adding new tags and things.

If we donate a larger increment of $10, can we pick multiple critters? (under the assumption Toady gets a larger cut of a single transaction?)
If I make a larger sized donation (say $100) can i choose two or three?

Right now you get a story or crayon reward, and a champion listing, regardless of the dollar amount, and dividing by 10 and then assigning a number of sponsorship slots per donation sort of makes it feel weird to me.  Like, "Please select 7 animals or less to sponsor"... it feels off, and I wouldn't want to parcel out the story and crayon the same way.  The current idea is to just have one animal sponsorship per donation, with the ability to place a little name and/or comment, like one of those park benches.  Something sort of unique and special.  PayPal doesn't see more than like 30 cents per extra donation, so that part isn't the end of the world, but I understand how it'd be more effective to bundle them in one donation.

How about Peafowl? I didn't see them on the list or in the raws.

They are one of the 16 domestic creatures, so you can look forward to seeing them in the next release.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2010, 04:07:59 am »

Daww, this is another reason why I should hurry to make me a credit card, because I can't donate otherwise.

I am getting a new job this January, and I will make sure to donate from my first salary and get a cool animal :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

optimumtact

• Bay Watcher
  • I even have sheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2010, 04:21:23 am »

I for one welcome our new hedgehog overlords.  8)
alternately, I could just take some LSD or something...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2010, 04:21:36 am »

I have donated $50, in honor of the best invertebrates in the world.

Makes a nice Christmas-time donation too, I guess.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2010, 04:56:17 am »

I've asked santa to donate in my name.
I don't want sneaky elves down my mineshaft though.

1-Giant Land crabs
[A massive crustaceous scavenger that stalks the woods, frothing at the mouth. It's hard armour is red speckled in blue. It uses it's massive shears to rip and tear.]
2-Fire salamanders (that live in magma!)
[A cat-sized pyrophian that crawls on short crooked legs in the liquid fire of the deep earth. It's skin is black and its belly is orange. It has regenerative powers.]
3-Beez
[A flying insect that lives in hives. It's body is chitinous and furry, it's fur is brown and its chitin is black. It produces honey in it's hive. The poison of its stinger is painfull but not deadly.]

3-Monitor lizards
[A giant slothfull lizard. It has green scales and a spined ruff. A wound from its bite will fester and rot.]
4-um.. those legendary lizards with the paralyzing gaze...uh? ed: Basilisk!
[A serpect of great length. Its hide is covered in hard black scales. Its bit carries a paralyzing poison that turns one to stone. ]
5-Harpies
[A winged hominid creature of the mountains. It sucks the marrow from the bones of its victims.]

6-Wyvern
[A draconic creature with powerfull clawed legs, a long neck and wide leathery wings. Its breath is foul.]

Only the first vote, the others are just to inspire others and give support to good ideas. ;)

edit: I'll pay this myself though, can't rely on santa(or elves/gnomes) to do anything internet related correctly. :p
I also got a better job recently and am preparing to put myself in serious dept in order to buy a lair.
edit2: hey! Aquizzar posted crabs too. I must have been subconsiously influenced by his picture. :/
As a concequence, I must change my vote to firesalamander.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 04:05:45 pm by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2010, 05:04:47 am »

I notice that there are a fair few scavengers and detritivores on the list. If they get sponsors, will tags for that sort of behavior be most probably added? I'm envisioning a [DETRITIVORE_MEAT][DETRITVORE_PLANT][DETRITIVORE_ANY] set, which would be really cool.

On a related note, I've just sent an endorsement for Jackals.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 05:06:57 am by Cruxador »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31