Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress, and its effect on your psyche.  (Read 27903 times)

Ravenplucker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress, and its effect on your psyche.
« on: December 19, 2010, 01:14:02 am »

Last night I dreamt that me, some friends and other randoms were reclaiming a fortress.
The fortress was in terrible shape! Leaks on the roof! Goblins everywhere!

So yeah, only 7 people were actually working, and I distinctly remember saying "F*CKING IDLERS!" before going off and yelling at them.

Who else has had awesome dreams? Post and describe!

:D

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress, and its effect on your psyche.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 01:22:02 am »

Last night I had a horrible dream about how I was trying to make a mod, and it was getting annoying becausr my raws were getting so messy. Woke up, and it came true, scared the hell outa me!

sockless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 03:12:29 am »

My god we are sad that we have dreams about DF.
I had a dream once where I dreamed that you could make blankets out of cloth and use them instead of beds.
I've had other ones too, but I've forgotten.
Iv seen people who haven't had a redheaded person in their family for quite a while, and then out of nowhere two out of three of their children have red hair.
What color was the mailman's hair?

ZaZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 08:41:07 am »

Be glad your dreams don't look like minecraft and your fortress is being invaded by creepers and spiders and your squad only has leather armor.

VDOgamez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 01:46:04 pm »

I've had a dream where it was  DF gameplay, but MC visuals. Quite awesome, actually.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 02:39:43 pm »

I once had a dream where I was in the military of my (at the time) latest fortress. We fought loads of goblins, but then elves showed up on one side, with elves on the other. I got stabbed by a wooden sword and that's where my dream took off into creepy geometrical territory, as they always do.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

sepheris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 03:36:39 pm »

I can remember having a dream where I was a dwarf in a fortress, only everything was still in the Dwarf Fortress modified ASCII graphics... and goblins had pickaxes along with the ability to dig.

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 04:59:45 pm »

I had a dream that I was living alone in a large, sprawling dwarf fortress.  My mental map of the place was all in ASCII and all my foods were little alphas and division symbols. Then, someone showed up with some ancient tomes detailing the location of seven magical MacGuffins that I needed to find in order to get the Big Magical MacGuffin to take over the world with, so I started packing my dwarven rum roasts and sunshine barrels and was going to leave when I discovered that I had, apparently, invited my parents to live with me in the fort a while back but had never noticed because the place was so damned huge.

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 08:13:01 pm »

Last night I dreamed that I created a 6.7 GHz CPU using Alien (Shofixti) technology with some wierd non-even asynchronous L1 data and instruction caches and 256 MB of onboard 3000 Mhz (PC24K) memory.  It ran a 32x32 map with 207 Z-layers and HFS exposed, 800 dwarves and 1000+ animals at over 900 FPS.  I marketed it and became filthy rich until a dwarf came out of the game and attacked me.  He hacked off an arm and both legs before I could respond by throwing a Mtn Dew can and decapitating him.  Then I bled to death.

What is the worst imagineable?  I am not making this dream up.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 11:44:14 am »

900 FPS...? If I had one dwarf, no animals, and a 1X1 embark I couldn't get that much.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 12:22:54 pm »

I dreamt I was being chased, in ASCII DF tiles.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 12:32:48 pm »

I once had a dream I opened up the HFS and put a metal sheet over it to keep things out.
Bombengranadenelementplitzplotzdonnerwettersappermentnochmal!

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2010, 04:42:00 pm »

Last night I had a very strange dream.  It wasn't related to dwarf fortress in content, but I remember the "plot" of the dream being fueled by me being in a strange mood.  I had to take precious items from my friends in order to make an artifact... never finished, I can only imagine I failed the mood.

dragoncurse

• Bay Watcher
  • if patience.Huge = fortress.FUN.Huge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2010, 01:03:55 am »

Had a dream that a dwarf army was invading a hippie elf civ with mobile ballistas and catapults.

And everyone had cotton candy weapons and armor.

:3

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2010, 01:29:45 am »

I had a dream my arm was severed off. I don't know if it was related at all to DF but I remember it vividly flying off in an arc!
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11