Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress, and its effect on your psyche.  (Read 27831 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress, and its effect on your psyche.
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2011, 11:12:04 pm »

Somewhat fitting.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 11:30:42 am »

I once had a dream that was probably unrelated in most aspects to DF but it was funny for me now that I take it out of context.

I remember being in some city hall, or a church with a bunch of other people and my friends waiting for someone to come out and talk. When the person came out, they said that the city was in danger from invasion from clowns... Now I am not sure whether it was DF clowns or RL clowns, either way quite frightening. I tend to think it was DF clowns as everyone in my dream had an irrational fear of fish(which of course in DF would be quite rational).

Hateweaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 04:30:41 pm »

I'm outside mowing the yard while my wife+kids are inside watching Cake Boss...
In my head I'm thinking:

Idlers:  3

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 04:33:40 pm by Hateweaver »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2011, 05:12:17 pm »

I still rarely dream, so I guess that hasn't changed.

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2011, 02:22:53 am »

i had a dream in ascii. is that normal?
LOSING IS FUN!

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 01:10:06 pm »

Last night I dreamt of passionate lovemaking with five kobolds, sensually caressing one with a tallow cookie...

Later in the dream 15 meter long purple tentacles started breaking through the ground and corrupting the ground around them into black dead charcoal. Me and my "party" headed to an old mine to reach the source of the corruption, but the hatch was closed with an electric lock. I defended the girls with a two barreled machinegun while they hacked the lock, doing pretty well against the grey, whispy bogeymen until I woke up.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 10:42:53 pm »

I recently had a nightmare where a woodcrafter kept lowering the drawbridge every time I tried to raise it. The goblins are coming, what are you doing!? :'(
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 10:50:00 pm »

There were 2 occasions. They were only half-serious, but it's because of DF that i even thought of them in the first place :P.

First was, i saw on the side of the road a small trailer, like, maybe the size of a truck, and i thought "Hey, the Dwarves are setting up there, and they're using a modern wagon!" or something similar.

Second was, i noticed that on the news when it was showing the weather, it said rain was supposed to occur, and we were saying like "Yeah, it'll rain maybe 5 minutes down the street, but we won't get anything in this particular spot as usual" and then i thought "Heh, we must be on a seperate Biome".
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2011, 09:05:35 am »

Not a dream, but I once ended up calling a bunch of mushrooms growing in grass plump helmets.   In public.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2011, 01:27:43 pm »

I had a dream where I was overseeing a fort during sunset.
Some kid migrated to the fort, and he had several legendary skills.
Turns out that he was from a bandit camp with platinum tents.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2011, 11:46:45 pm »

being a miner going to have a drink in a legendary dining room admiring the admantine table with a tentacle monster* on it. The room had a glass floor with a tentacle monster in it where elves, female elves were being let in for enterinment. This was amusing until I noticed it was sewer brew for drinking and thinking damm the monster for eating the ledgendary farmer/brewer.

* showed up alot in engraving in the dream , I blame the tv trope site.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2011, 03:32:39 am »

Recently I was out camping. Saw a campfire.

For some reason, I thought to myself,

This is a stack of 9 !!log!!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2011, 05:03:05 am »

I had a dream of playing dwarf fortress, except it had detailed tiles that looked GREAT instead of ascii, more colours, etc. It was a seamless map and I could see a little tribe of trolls living on the far side of the mountain while my dwarves dug into some stone ruins of an ancient mountainhome, and built lava traps to keep out any invaders. Then the visuals turned to minecraft and I flew around for awhile before accidently stepping on a lava trap and getting obliterated.

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2011, 04:00:48 am »

Watching snippets of the E3 Skyrim demo, the player character decides to swat at a mammoth with a mace... and I physically flinch. D:

Also had a dream once where it was almost like being in a game - the overworld was in ASCII, resembling adventure mode but with a closer view than 40d, which is what was current at the time. Once you entered a site, it was in rather dated 3D, and there were ninja turtles there too for some reason? I don't even know.

My sister and I also like to banter in combat log format, on occasion.
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2011, 04:58:23 am »

Last night I dreamt that it was Tarn's birthday. He had once mentioned something about headwear, and now fans had sent him loads and loads of fur hats of varying sizes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11