Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A lord of the ring-ish roguelike?  (Read 5217 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: A lord of the ring-ish roguelike?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 03:05:31 am »

It's far enough from the traditional experience I don't really consider it a *band.

Tome3 on the other hand was basically vanilla angband, throw in some player-character mods, and divide the dungeon into several spread across the overworld.

If I remember right the main course dungeons even shared progress, like the first floor of the second main dungeon was DL:20 or something.
Shoes...

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2016, 06:46:41 am »

Wow, I really got into sil :D. I love how you don't have to really follow any class and magic doesn't really exist and isn't the most important thing, as in usually all other fantasy roguelikes.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2016, 07:06:17 am »

Anyway, what are some nice open world, maybe a bit survival roguelikes? I played unreal world and Cataclysm dark days ahead (I still play them).
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 07:46:24 am »

You mean Tome 2, I think. Tome 3 was never finished, was it? It was more of an engine than a game.
Yeah, more or less. Don't recall how far off T3 was but it never really finished, and is probably more notable for some of the stuff made with it (mostly the DBZ thing, really) than the base ToME stuff.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 [2]