Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]

Author Topic: Payday 2 plan your heist well  (Read 55287 times)

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Payday 2 plan your heist well
« Reply #510 on: October 22, 2015, 07:34:56 am »

In any case, the formerly-exclusive-to-cash-shop drills now have a chance to drop.

This was very obviously planned, to fan out the flames of adding microtransactions after saying they won't add microtransactions.

Problem is, people aren't letting up on them for it this time.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 22, 2015, 07:40:12 am »

I play and have played shotgun enforcer in forever now and unless they nerfed everything yesterday, it is still fully playable. If one avoids accuracy and stablility upgrades like the plague, you can get a lovly spread and the easily stacked bonus damage, plus berserker still makes me feel like the cool kid on the block, even without a rpg as 2end weapon and my wallet as 3rd.

I heard the drill-drop chance is about 1 in 1000, better get lucky to get the right one, eh? Anyway, skins providing stat buffs is the real crime. Oh wait, it's the billions of cheaters! OR that hoxhud just stops working every 2 days. Or that you need hoxhud for full enjoyment? Or just the lies.

Anyway, if you are not in the enforcer tree, don't touch the shotguns.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 22, 2015, 04:37:02 pm »

So today's update is...... buffed SWAT van? really?

Did anyone actually like the swat van in the first place? It was the worst thing they added to the game (imo, even worse than microtransaction safes/drills). Just a big dumb unkillable (well, you can kill it, but I've never seen anyone bother even once) turret added to all the newbie maps to make them harder for some reason.

And now it's even stronger. How is this a reward? A reward would have been removing them from the game.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 22, 2015, 04:51:01 pm »

What they did, I'm led to believe, was make its health lower but gave it three "lives."  You shoot it a bunch and it retracts into the van for a while for a repair.

It can also fart if you try to hide under it.

Such a rework was mentioned on the steam discussions ages ago, and I guess here it is.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 22, 2015, 06:50:59 pm »

Increasing the damage from the van, really? I suppose I'll have to give it a try (health is lowered by an unspecified amount), but that sounds pretty darn abominable.

If it's as bad as it sounds, that would indeed be worse than the skin silliness.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 23, 2015, 01:39:43 pm »

I imagine the upgrade is to encourage actual counterplay - currently the optimal strategy is just to run through the fire as fast as you can, IMO. If the update's tuned right, this could well make it worthwhile to put the turret out of action (ie repairing) and take advantage of the fire break, which could be much more interesting.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 23, 2015, 01:48:35 pm »

Oh right, I remember seeing those turret things when things get loud...

If it takes more bullets then a bulldozer, its not worth shooting down if you can avoid its attacks while completing the objective.  And the whole popping back up later thing is just asking for trouble if it is covering the objective area...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 23, 2015, 02:21:28 pm »

I imagine the upgrade is to encourage actual counterplay - currently the optimal strategy is just to run through the fire as fast as you can, IMO. If the update's tuned right, this could well make it worthwhile to put the turret out of action (ie repairing) and take advantage of the fire break, which could be much more interesting.

It takes about a minute for the turret to repair, and its easy enough to down if maybe two people focus it enough.

Also the extra damage it does makes it a bit more lucrative to hijack it via ECM.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 08, 2016, 12:45:22 pm »

((Apologies for the necro, but:))

So PD2 is receiving a massive 10 days of updates including a hell of a lot of stuff. And even after day1, it's good.

Day 1 was new difficulties, one between OK and DW, and one above DW. The intermediary, Mayhem, is a very good gap closer. As someone who stopped playing because OK was too easy and DW too hard for me, Mayhem has brought me back to the game. The higher, One Down, makes you greyed after one down. Also (though this is what I've been told, as I haven't played this difficulty yet) the enemies are fewer, more tactical, and deal higher damage, leading to a more rainbow six feel.

Still to come of particular note is:
Safehouse customisation (at long long last)
A new enemy
Mutators

So yeah, if you got bored of PD2, try picking it up again in a couple of weeks. It's likely to be a much fresher game.

The site is here: http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/housewarming/
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 08, 2016, 12:58:44 pm »

What's the status on the lootcrate business? Do the weapon skins still give bonus stats? Or are they just skins now?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 08, 2016, 01:58:18 pm »

old skins give boosts but you can also get boosts as random drops (without skin)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 08, 2016, 02:22:44 pm »

The statboosts were a bit overblown as is, given the more game important and technically gamebreaking changes back then were pistols suddenly becoming the best weapons in the game. Especially with how bad that patch hit shotguns. Some time ago around the biker pack they decided going forward there'd be no more paid safes, so any safe drops can be opened for free now. And as said the stat boost items can drop as regular mods, though to be honest they don't really get you anywhere important.

The weapon imbalances have mostly been fixed and most weapons are usable now, though another major patch just hit and now some things like the flamethrower and headshot modifiers are way different. (100 damage per tic flamethrower DOT... No more massive cloaker headshot multiplier...) Plus bulldozers are now immune to stuns and can run.

Edit: They recently increased the cloaker headshot multiplier back up to x6, you may stop being downed so often now.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 08:06:09 pm by Gunner-Chan »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]