Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SW: Empire At War Gold and KoTOR 2  (Read 1645 times)

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Re: SW: Empire At War Gold and KoTOR 2
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 09:13:35 pm »

...actually, now that i think about it I also remember the casualty screens being absurd.

as in I annihilated the entire enemy force to a man and the casualty report declares that they lost 2 squads of infantry and a tank
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 09:17:21 pm »

Yeah, It was kind of... inaccurate
*Hugs*

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2010, 09:18:59 pm »

Yeah, It was kind of... inaccurate
In the same way as shooting at a barn and hitting some poor man in the next county
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2010, 09:40:34 pm »

That's because it counts the actual strategic units lost rather than what you destroyed... If the enemy has a base then the "Garrison" of the base will constantly respawn when destroyed... it can make battles rather ridiculous.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 10:28:28 pm »

To destroy a unit, you have to kill the entire squad of it. For infantry, that means all the squads it provides. It does seem (more) broken for some units, like the Rebel MPTL, which comes with two vehicles and two spotter droids(which are even better for targeting bombing runs). If both vehicles die, but even one of the spotter droids survives, then the whole unit survives.

As for garrisons... I was fighting off a Rebel attack on an underdefended planet, in which the local humans rose up against me. The Rebel force consisted entirely of two squads of Speeders and the native humans, while my forces consisted entirely of the AT-STs the factory kept pumping out. It was crazy, I kept trying to get shots on the Speeders, they kept destroying them, the factory kept producing them. In the end, I finally shot down all the Speeders and won. It's funny because if they had destroyed the factory, they would have won. As it was, they got it down to almost dead, but for some reason stopped attacking it to focus on the AT-STs the factory was building.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 01:20:58 am »

Kotor 1 and 2 are great, only 2 was made by obsidian (bioware did 1), and as we all know obsidian have the programing and Q&A test apptitude of a bunch of gibons in a washing machine so its very buggy even with patches. It basically wont run on most ATI cards or Vista or 7. Really you want a geforce 6 and xp.

If you can get it to work i'd say 2 probs edges 1 slightly in quality.
there is a patch out for 2 that fixes the problems, it had to do with the graphics. same problem with Fable, least now the water is not piss :p
Pages: 1 [2]