Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle  (Read 13026 times)

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2010, 10:41:28 pm »

Isn't there actually a different kind of social stigma in Japan for same sex relations? I'm pretty sure in real life the parents of girls who like each other romantically do their best to stamp it out, and in media portrayals, same sex relationships only last in school until it's time to graduate. They consider a same-sex relationship as a "practice," non-lasting relationship.

But I've never been to Japan, so I don't really know.

Regarding the game: Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle has a great many endings, and lots of plot goodness. Reaching one ending can make the game seem very abrupt, but there's apparently a true ending that I have not yet gotten to. The /u/ threads are growing. I think the latest one is...here: http://boards.4chan.org/u/res/983671 (Part 6)

Watch out for spoilers.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2010, 10:51:02 pm »

Isn't there actually a different kind of social stigma in Japan for same sex relations? I'm pretty sure in real life the parents of girls who like each other romantically do their best to stamp it out, and in media portrayals, same sex relationships only last in school until it's time to graduate. They consider a same-sex relationship as a "practice," non-lasting relationship.

Oh yes you're more or less right on this matter. There is a very different social stigma -- however, it's not as pronounced because it's not of the "you're going to hell" variety but rather the "you're immature" variety. I have a few genuinely Japanese friends who inform me about this stuff (one of them doesn't speak english too well). The people as a whole don't entirely renounce it like it seems to be in a lot of places in America, and it's a lot more common even with the social stigma.

And the endings: there are so many, just so many. I got the marrying Fal ending and thought the game was over then but OHOHOHO there's still like a third of a game left after that set of endings.

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2010, 05:14:44 am »

Holy hell this game is good, I got what I assume is the good Carmina ending for my first, man, I actually shed a tear there.

Really, quite hilarious, and just plain good.  Oh YES, and I'm a complete idiot and for the first like four hours playing I didn't even realize you could leave the castle area...I'm so used to games of the sort I just assumed she'd say something like "Oh, I'd better not leave" so I finally decided to do it...hot dawg.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2010, 02:45:39 pm »

Yeah, I did the same thing with not leaving the castle area. And nabbing all the endings is actually a bit of a challenge. I think if you get past certain areas in the game, you are rendered unable to reach a few endings. Luckily, the forum has a semi-walkthrough on google docs that details some of the endings, if you're far enough in the game that you get stuck.
Pages: 1 2 [3]