Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So...

Carefully pry what you can see out of the mine with minimal vibration while floating on hoverboards (barely any Materials gained, but safe)
Restart Mining, get Material. (Steady Material flow again, but cause the burrowers to start appearing)
Ignore Mine. (Explain in post, please)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 91

Author Topic: Trapped. - (Returning?)  (Read 54407 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Trapped. - (Returning?)
« on: December 19, 2010, 08:49:32 pm »

You are trapped inside your domed town on a formerly peaceful planet. A virus has turned everything into zombies Monsters of horrible doomy doom. Unfortunately, the outside antenna has been torn into tiny pieces of shrapnel and the dome is too protective for normal communications to make it through uncorrupted. Your last report to Home Planet was your happy report of having finally attained self-sufficiency, so the next shuttle that arrives (they did not say when) will most likely only be a simple trader's ship. There are 3 main entrances to the dome, but only 5 soldiers to protect them, so one will have to sacrifice himself (or become a Hero) by defending the last entrance by himself.
Good luck.

So, yeah. I am trying another multiplayer game, but this time less galactic scale and more manageable single planet size. as I wrote in the nice description above, there will be 5 soldiers, and one will have to be the lone guy protecting the south door. the other two doors are Northeastern and Western doors.

Each turn will bring a swarm of horrible doomy things of doom, and ya'll have to shoot/stab/shotgun/other them before they get in. (though there won't be much other until later) When the trader comes, he'll bring mostly non-military stuff, but each following arrival will bring more stuff that you the defenders could actually use to defend yourself (and your home, of course).
The tricky thing will be paying him, since theres not much that he'd be interested in buying from soldiers, except the aliens. But We will get to that when we get to him. All bought weapons will be in a group pile, any of you will be able to use them once at least one of you has paid the trader for it (though obviously if two want it at the same time, you will need two of the weapon, not just one).

Ammo is not going to be kept track of, just assume you have enough, unless you get a critical fail and your gun jams or something.
I'll be using random.org, 0-20. normal d20 dice, along with the occasional d6.

Spoiler: Character template! (click to show/hide)

Map is in first update.

Spoiler: Waiting List (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 08:21:20 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 08:56:53 pm »

Name: Griph
Weapon of choice: adamantium sword
Bio/history: nothing of importance, he just sort of survived
Previous job: unemployed
Lone guard: Y
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 09:03:36 pm »

Vads
weapon of choice Mem-meahv'chamishim caful pi  (the newest Israeli assault rifle, the M 150*pi)
Drafted into the Israeli army Vads as a golani with a bit of demolitions training (mostly id/disarm).  Vads liked the life, but deplored the fighting so he got a rabbinical decree and became chaplin.  He took this merc job to pay the bills.
N
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 09:08:45 pm by vadia »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 09:07:20 pm »

Can you try to keep real religious things out, please? You can make up a future religion related to it if you want, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 09:09:24 pm »

It's just his past it shouldn't have any real bearing on the game. 

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 09:10:13 pm »

Well, ok. colony with a mercenary in it sounds cool.
3 spots left.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 09:13:15 pm »

Name: Twil
Weapon of Choice: Sniper Rifle
Bio: Former military officer. Fun stuff.
Lone dude: N

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 09:15:03 pm »

We don't have a sniper rifle yet, just plain guns, shotguns, and various kinds of swords. I'll put it as one of the few useful things in the first trader visit though, k?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 09:17:13 pm »

Figured I could use 'kept from military service' as an excuse...
Oh well.
Switch to assault rifle, then.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped. [2 spots left!]
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 10:55:27 pm »

Well, we could start with you three and let the other two join later, but only Lilli/Griph wanted to fight alone.
What say ya'll?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:01:31 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 11:12:16 pm »

I have to fight alone regardless, so I'm all for an early start.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 11:20:27 pm »

Name:Bo
First Weapon choice: Futuristic Assault RifleShotty, Custom gold extended stock with name Plate reading "Bo's Gun"
Bio/History:Me like guns me keep lots guns in house, me not like monsters. they no like guns like Bo like guns. Bo shoot monsters with guns.
Previous job: Gun Collector/Hobbyist Dealer
Be The Lone Gun/Swordsman:N

edit: Hmm change that to Shotgun, fits better with my Hilbily gun nut persona. MMM-mm Bo like his gumbo almost as much as his guns. Dont know why but I am imagining the voice of the fierfly from "The Princess and the Frog" every time I type for him.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:23:58 pm by Bloogonis »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped. [Uno Spoto Lefto!]
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 11:23:05 pm »

Hi Bo.
2 Riflemen, A Shotgunner, and a Lone Swordsman so far.
Hmm...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:30:56 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 11:46:50 pm »

If you want to start early I am willing to fight the first a dem alone, Mah Betty'll teach dem der doom dooms Monstahs what we's made of.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 12:27:28 am »

Name: George
First Weapon choice: Plasma Sword
Bio/History: George lived a happy life. Duplicity on the part of the company which made him is loan cost him his house, so he bought a plasma sword and went around getting revenge on them. Lucky for him he still had his plasma sword when the doomy doom monsters attacked
Previous Job in the colony: Plasma sword murder.
Be The Lone Gun/Swordsman: N
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 12:32:53 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 91