Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Racing games where you make your own track  (Read 33941 times)

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Racing games where you make your own track
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 10:05:59 am »

Snowmobile Championship 2000 had build your own track feature. Also splitscreen races.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 10:16:00 am »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 12:24:05 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFnabondqvw

this one's not bad
From what I'm seeing, it looks very good.
 Except one problem... How the fudge would I get it?

Don't you dare say torrent.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2010, 12:32:52 pm »

huh... on further investigation, it seems to have been swept under the rug.

despite me finding it rather fun, it got bad reviews, and the company's website doesn't even list it anymore.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2010, 12:36:21 pm »

huh... on further investigation, it seems to have been swept under the rug.

despite me finding it rather fun, it got bad reviews, and the company's website doesn't even list it anymore.
Damn, torrent looks like the only option... That sucks.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 02:07:01 pm »

stunts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CITIXlw_T4

It's a lot of fun to make your own tracks, especially seeing how the track pieces can be a bit crazy lol.
Oh man, that game was awesome.

Sadly I dont know any games with customizable tracks. Except for one, but I cant remember its name.
I was about to suggest this game. You gotta love that speed-lock/flying car bug.

Setup 1 loop and a long enough pipeline ahead, drive any car (INDY preferred), on manual, set to top gear, go through loop once and make sure to be on constant looping, reach 255 mph/kph, aim for the pipeline if you can find the right way out and not fly back at the start/finish upside-down in the sky, drive on the ceiling of the pipeline; but be closer to a wall so you bit the end of the barrel on the way out, spot your house from the new height.

Another neat bug is to make a complete circuit (tiny), and build an impossible course. Unfortunately, these only work best as time trials, and you can't race against the computer in them, but you can have one hell of an adventure, since error-checking is only from the start/finish onward until a complete circuit is made sans errors. it can care less about what's outside it's course; meaning, you can make your own city/landscapes in the distance, complete with buildings and streets, or make courses that'll make the error-checker cry.

I think I recall someone making a retro-remake of this game with better graphics. But so far, it looks like the graphics and the classic elements are all it has going for it so far. I haven't checked up on it recently, so i don't know if it got better. I'll provide a link when I find it.

EDIT:
Seems to still be in production/still alive. Then again, maybe not, according to the timestamp of the latest news entry.

Link:
http://www.ultimatestunts.nl/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 02:09:58 pm by Itnetlolor »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 02:54:37 pm »

Trackmania is by far the best for this. Enormous area, lots of tiles, good graphics and impossibly low system requirements.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2010, 03:07:20 pm »

Trackmania is by far the best for this. Enormous area, lots of tiles, good graphics and impossibly low system requirements.
Still, no AI. O(

And again, I can't help but feel restricted in the Nations version... I do remember the original was better about that though.

Igginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2010, 06:20:58 am »

Generally fits everything you asked for except weapons but it sure doesnt needs them.

Perfect map creating tools and so many downloadable vehicles it awesome...and everything about it is FREE :D

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2010, 06:30:46 am »

Generally fits everything you asked for except weapons but it sure doesnt needs them.

Perfect map creating tools and so many downloadable vehicles it awesome...and everything about it is FREE :D
Still, no AI. O(
Seriously, several of the points are optional, but the AI is pretty much mandatory for me. Besides, I HAVE trackmania, I know it's good.
Pages: 1 [2]