Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legends XML Dump Suggestions  (Read 2427 times)

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legends XML Dump Suggestions
« on: December 21, 2010, 07:40:15 pm »

With version 34 we got some new XML data, but I don't like the way that we were given some of it. I want to give a suggestion on how to go about changing it so that it would be easier to use. Also, including a list of all the missing data from the XML as a reference for myself and for others.

Issue: Unnecessary Historical Figure / Entity / Site Link Properties
Description:
      -We already have events that relate to these properties, mostly. The data is missing though as shown below.
      -If loading XML in order and building links as you go, link properties reference historical figures/entities that haven't been loaded yet.
      -If the data for those events were to be filled in, we would still be missing a way to build the Parent/Child relationship since there is no birth event.
      -HF to HF and Site links are only the most current, doesn’t contain previous links. Entity links do though contain previous links.
Suggestion: Remove the entity link / historical figure / site link properties from historical figures and let the add/remove link events cover this data. Add simple Mother/Father properties to make up for the lack of a birth event. This will allow for creating a complete history of links.

Issue: Missing XML Data
Description: I've listed below all data that is needed to complete the XML so that legends mode can be 100% remade from the XML. Some of the major data that I thought wasn't intentionally left out I put into this bug report.
Spoiler: Missing Data (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:41:44 pm by Parker147 »

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends XML Dump Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 01:50:54 pm »

Updated this after v34 changes. Removed a number of suggestions that I wanted and replaced with just the necessary data that we need to remake legends mode 100% from the XML.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends XML Dump Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 09:44:02 am »

Bump because this guy made a phenomenal tool that makes legends mode actually fun instead of incomprehensible.  Anything that comes from his mouth is pure gold.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku