Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32

Author Topic: Elfin Refugees - Rage Against the Dying of the Light  (Read 28897 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Elfin Refugees - Rage Against the Dying of the Light
« on: December 21, 2010, 10:05:47 pm »

If you would like to get on the waiting list for this game, or make an out of character comment visit the OOC thread here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=74703.0 Information about the game such as character sheets and the group inventory are found on the OOC thread as well.

The Story So Far:

The Origin of the Great War lies in a simple trade dispute. The Dwarven fortress of Laborblaizes insensitively offered surplus wooden training spears as a gift to the Wood Elf tribe Sunglade. The elves politely declined the offer and returned six months later with an army, slaughtering the populous of the volcano fortress and looting its wealth.

In response to the surprise slaughter of their trading partners, and out of fear that the same could happen to them The Dragon Confederacy, a human kingdom, launched what would become a three century campaign to purge not just Sunglade but all of Elfkind from existence. Their efforts are on the verge of paying off.

Elfkind is facing the death of its culture and perhaps extinction. Some have fled to the deserts or the tundra, where the humans would not bother to follow them, but the prospects of building a successful society are low. Some have sacrificed their freedom and identity for the protection of a Dwarven Governor and Dwarven law. Others hold out in Broadleaf Keep, the last high elfin fortress, awaiting glorious death in one final battle.

You however have chosen none of these options, having opted instead to flee through the Caverns to find new fertile land far from the reach of the Dragon Confederacy. But the journey was perilous; A terrible termite crafted from Bauxite attacked your group of about 100 cutting its population in half. The symptoms of the monster’s deadly dust killed most of the remainder, leaving behind only a handful of elves.

Your group has settled in an abandoned dwarven fortress that sits in a beatifuly wooded bayside valley. A spirit conjured by the uncontrolled power of one of the mages among you has caused much injury and suffering. The first casualty of the fortress occurred when an injured warrior died on the operating table from her spirit induced wounds. Your diplomats have made peace with the local goblin population.

Character Creation information available upon request. All newly submitted characters go on a waiting list.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 01:43:49 am by Weirdsound »

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
Re: Elfin Refugees - Sign Ups and Character Creation
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 10:06:49 pm »

looks interesting
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 07:35:30 pm by ricky »
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 10:10:42 pm »

I like the idea: Sometimes, it's nice to be 'the other guy'.
Will post character soon.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 10:14:24 pm »

I havent read the whole thing, but... elves?

you must really be new
Elves of Amanereli was awesome while it lasted.
Why not another elven adventure?

Edit: is Elfin a typo or purposeful? most of the time is Elven.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 10:18:01 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 01:09:07 am »

Purposeful typo. Elven = Red underline in word, where I typed most of this stuff up. Since I don't want a bunch of fantasy terms on the Computers list of accepted words, I just used Elfin. If you folks want I'll suck it up and change it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 08:20:34 am »

ok, though I pretty much ignore the spellchecker if I'm using Word/OO.org Writer for anything fantasy. Wonder why its not the other way around, though, I've nover seen elfin used much.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 09:24:11 am »

TOO LASY TO PLAY
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 01:36:54 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 09:38:33 am »

Character name:Karratan
Player name: Pillow_Killer

Subspecies: Deep Elf
Physical Description: Short(For a deep elf), frail and agile.
Age and Generation: Warborn, 96
Character History:Working as a smith and repairer, he spent most of the time in the safety, working with metals.
He grew up, and learned his trade away from dangers of the war, apprenticing to learn to work metals and machines, spending most of his life inside safety of the (fortresses?)
Unaccustomed for the dangers of the world, he always tries to avoid combat, and more focuses on helping the party outside of combat, such as through the healing(Which he, OBVIOUSLY learned from crewing the(Fortresses?). Should the combat be invetable, he can use bow, althrough he is not really skilled at it.
Attributes: (Leave Blank)
Skills: (Leave Blank)

Perks: (Leave Blank)
   Inherited Perks
   Experience Perks
Flaws: (Leave Blank)
   Inherited Perks
   Experience Flaws

Starting Gear: (Leave Blank)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 04:57:01 pm by Pillow_Killer »
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 10:39:26 am »

Interested. Going to put together a sheet.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 01:18:36 pm »

You need to expand your histories just a bit. You need to say what your character was doing during every era in which he/she was alive. As well as a quick description of how he/she handled the journey through the caverns. The more you give me, the more perks, flaws and skills I'll make available for you.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 03:12:45 pm »

ok, though I pretty much ignore the spellchecker if I'm using Word/OO.org Writer for anything fantasy. Wonder why its not the other way around, though, I've nover seen elfin used much.
You should pay spellchecker at least a little heed.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 04:22:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i don't particularly like having to write things like the history, but does the sheet check out?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 07:51:39 pm by Lillipad »
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 04:43:26 pm »

Character name: Zrallin
Player name: Kadzar

Subspecies: Night Elf
Physical Description: Zrallin is tall and fair, but his body bears the scars of many battles. His skin is pale blue in color.
Age and Generation: 140 years old, Warborn
Character History: When he was born, Zrallin's family lived in a Deep Elf village, and there he grew up. Zrallin never cared much for trees, but he grew up with a fanatical devotion to caves. Though he respects the battle spirit of the Dwarves, he despises them for their wanton destruction and desecration of caverns.
 Once Zrallin came of age, he joined the army. He excelled in close combat and nighttime raids.

Inherited Perks
   Experience Perks
   Inherited Perks
   Experience Flaws

What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 07:43:42 pm »

Character name:Karratan
Player name: Pillow_Killer

Subspecies: Deep Elf
Physical Description: Short(For a deep elf), frail and agile.
Age and Generation: Warborn, 96
Character History:Working as a smith and repairer, he spent most of the time in the safety, working with metals.
He grew up, and learned his trade away from dangers of the war, apprenticing to learn to work metals and machines, spending most of his life inside safety of the (fortresses?)
Unaccustomed for the dangers of the world, he always tries to avoid combat, and more focuses on helping the party outside of combat, such as through the healing(Which he, OBVIOUSLY learned from crewing the(Fortresses?). Should the combat be invetable, he can use bow, althrough he is not really skilled at it.

Inherited Perks
   Experience Perks
   Inherited Perks
   Experience Flaws

Feel free to add to the world history and name the site at which your character grew up and lived in. Other than that your good.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i don't particularly like having to write things like the history, but does the sheet check out?

All Dawnelves are exactly 500 years old, cause that's how old the world is, but other than that your good. I'll probably get your final instructions PMed to everybody who posted so far before I go to sleep. 

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 07:52:03 pm »

Changed the age to what it should be.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32