Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Was being able to chop trees with a wooden training axe fixed in 0.31.18?  (Read 2284 times)

marshviperX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I just started a new fort in 0.31.18, I've created a carpenter's workshop and a wooden training axe, designated a bunch of trees to be chopped down that are path-able, made sure my woodcutter dwarf has woodcutting enabled and nothing else to distract him, and yet he won't start cutting down the trees. I suspect the ability to chop trees with a wooden axe has been fixed. Can anyone else confirm?

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
Re: Was being able to chop trees with a wooden training axe fixed in 0.31.18?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 01:01:41 pm »

Pretty sure it wasn't, as I've had woodcutting done with a wood axe in .18 myself. Is the woodcutter equipping the axe? Try forbidding and unforbidding it, or redesignating the area to be cut.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

marshviperX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 01:12:51 pm »

I just tried what you suggested, and no go. Guess I'll just try restarting in another fort. Thanks.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 01:43:33 pm »

It's likely that your woodcutter had woodcutting activated before the axe was made. Sometimes, this makes them not pick up the axe when one becomes available. To fix it, deactivate and reactivate woodcutting.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!