Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: forbidden items with bloodspatters and FPS  (Read 1786 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
forbidden items with bloodspatters and FPS
« on: December 28, 2010, 11:30:25 am »

I get the feeling that bloodspatters and such on forbidden items (goblin loot) add to the FPS drain, even though the items the spatters are on are forbidden.
So nowadays, after each siege, I go through all heaps of forbidden loot, and look at each item, then dump and atomsmash all items that aren't clean (escpecially weapons with pages, and more pages of bloodspatters).
It does seem to help my FPS (not greatly, but still, with 35 dwarves, 15 FPS, every little bit helps).

For similar reasons, I deconstruct and reconstruct my weapon traps every few months, for they also gather a *lot* of spatters.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 02:13:03 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: forbidden items with bloodspatters and FPS
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 12:35:09 pm »

If you embark on a rainy area, will that help wash the spatters away, if they're outside?

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 12:43:13 pm »

I think its been confirmed that contaminents can cause massive amouts of lag however does replacing blood with water coverings help?
Although I suppose that one water covering really must be much easier than 50 goblins named blood.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 12:47:39 pm »

- Yes, rain cleans off contaminants. But I turned off weather to preserve FPS :P

- Water coverings disappear very quickly.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 02:03:51 pm »

I think its been confirmed that contaminents can cause massive amouts of lag however does replacing blood with water coverings help?
Although I suppose that one water covering really must be much easier than 50 goblins named blood.

water evaporates.  Blood doesn't
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku