Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: I just won the game. Period.  (Read 15765 times)

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I just won the game. Period.
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 07:35:04 pm »

SAVE THE WATERFALLS!

And Frosty_Dorf, that kobold thief was really f**king lucky.
All the military was sleeping or eating or drinking (As they are very often doing in times of crisis, go figger) And I had disabled my defense system on account that there was a leak of magma into the farms.  That was causing a lot of Fun.  So I had to fix that.
Basically, I had an epic fort with no defenses at the worst time.
The demons didn't do anything to the 'bold either.

I can just imagine:

'Bold:  *doo doo doo* Oh hey look, a masterwork adamantine greataxe.  *Picks up* *Hears rumbling* OHFU-
Epic Demon:  Hullo there, 'bold.  Thanks for picking that up.
'Bold:  oh sure, no problem.  Why?
ED: Coz those dorfs need a whuppin.
'Bold:  ...I still won the game, right?
ED: yeah.  *goes with the other demons to maul the drunk, sleep-disorientated, or stuffed-to-the-catsplosion-brim full military*

Bet he had a friggin nice time polishing that axe.
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

DerUbermensch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 07:40:54 pm »

You will never win, you just do a bit better each time.

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 07:42:32 pm »

Thanks a lot for that.
I'll have to try a multi-embark project next.  Something like the biggest magma/water particle accelerator ever...
Or....
creating my own huge town to explore in adventure mode?
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 08:33:40 pm »

Ok then.

Well, f**k you you friggin thief.
you HAD to get past the traps and the friggen epic security because the military was sleeping and pick up that weapon, didn'tcha?
Goodbye that fortress.

honestly, that was a ragequit moment.  The friggin thief just walked on past and grabbed it.  There were like 100+ floors yet to be placed.
My computer struggled to load all the demons.  Then, next frame, I check the unit list....
The last.... 4+ pages.... all demons.

The Vengeance of Kobolds leads to much FUN.

Harbinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 08:49:41 pm »

Yeah, the one time I opened up the HFS I got exactly 100 clowns. Popped up at once, and proceeded to swarm the fortress and slaughter EVERYONE. But at least they didn't destroy the entry hall waterfalls.

maybe they thought it was pretty.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 09:49:04 pm »

Bet he had a friggin nice time polishing that axe.
<.< >.>... is that what they're callin' it now?
*runs*
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Frosty_Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling DFer, Legendary Lazy, Proficient Sleeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2010, 09:53:04 pm »

I'd say F***ing lucky's an understatement, how many dwarves did you have at the time wanding around or did you have everyone on some other part away from the main staircase? damn if i actually dig down and hit any HFS forts I'm so chaining cats to the pedestal.

honestly, that was a ragequit moment.  The friggin thief just walked on past and grabbed it.  There were like 100+ floors yet to be placed.
My computer struggled to load all the demons.  Then, next frame, I check the unit list....

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2010, 10:02:48 pm »

Learnin from my mistake there.
And no, this thief....
He wasn't just any old thief.
he was a DODGING thief.  Dodged around my traps, AROUND MY DOGS?! and around the magma accelerator I'd made for no reason.
He got it, right?
Then a dwarf came over before he got killed by demons and saw him.  Military dorf + dodging thief + 1-block-wide bridge above chasm = Thief cancels Fight;  Dodged into chasm and falling.

Frosty_Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling DFer, Legendary Lazy, Proficient Sleeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 12:22:55 am »

Heh, at least he didn't get out with the shiney.
SPA-LAT!

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 12:26:24 am »

SPA-LAT is an understatement.
The dwarf grabbed the axe and jumped after him just now.  Hit the floor, suffered NO damage ?! (Turns out the 'pit' has a bottom... Slade.  ._.) and hacked the gobby to death.  Then he went on an extended seige against HFS itself.  Killed off almost everything below the built part of my fortress.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2010, 12:29:33 am »

....Aren't the masterwork weapons in the upright weapons SWORDS?

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2010, 12:32:35 am »

Nope, this is an adamantine great-axe.  For dwarves.  Win.

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2010, 12:38:53 am »

Acperience, I already tried that.
Turned out really good for me, bad for HFS.  Channeled all outer edges.
Then pulled the lever.
Everything, which was held up by one adamantine support, fell onto HFS.
Fun ensued.

@Cog:  Whut?

The world, not just an embark.

Ok then.

Well, f**k you you friggin thief.
you HAD to get past the traps and the friggen epic security because the military was sleeping and pick up that weapon, didn'tcha?
Goodbye that fortress.

Pics or it didn't happen. To this whole thread actually.

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2010, 12:50:44 am »

Did I not just specify that I lost?  All dorfs died except my military commander.
And I was just WAITING for someone to say this.  Everyone always seems to doubt me.
Sorry, though, but it DID happen.

EDIT: not mad.  I just looked; I did NOT specify.  My apologies.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 12:54:46 am by Saetar33 »

twilightdusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2010, 01:04:52 am »

....Aren't the masterwork weapons in the upright weapons SWORDS?

varies from embark to embark. Longswords, shortswords, battleaxes, spears, anything that can be adamantine really.
A man would see that as a difficult challenge.
An elf would see that and despair.
A dwarf would see that and say, "Bring it on."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4