Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: [Community] Ravencrown - Back from Madness  (Read 20047 times)

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
Re: [Community] Ravencrown - Back from Madness
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2011, 01:46:48 pm »

I'll take that hammerdwarf, if that's kewl :)

(i forget is a community fort, one where people take it in turns or one where stories are told?)

Name her Branded plz :)
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

thriftshopmusketeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2011, 03:34:36 pm »

Exellent writing. A promising start!

May I request a dwarf? A swordsdwarf named Gareth would be nice. He never speaks, at all, to anyone.

Except his sword, when they're alone.

That's just how he rolls.

If  you don't feel like getting another military dwarf just yet, then could you start him as a weaponsmith?
I eagerly await the next installment!

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2011, 04:31:16 pm »

Baron.  The hammerdwarf is a she.  Also yes, Brandedahall, community forts are ones where stories are told, I ask people to come forward and claim a dwarf each migrant wave if they want one which I will add to the story.  BTW Branded I need you to please specify her personality for me so I know what she's going to say/do in the grand scope of things.  Thanks.

Also, I'll look into Gareth whenever I get a weaponsmith migrant, thanks again.  8)

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2011, 06:25:36 pm »

Baron.  The hammerdwarf is a she.

The only difference between male and female dwarves is that the other gets distracted for a second after giving birth.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2011, 06:01:39 am »

well, her personality would be quite honorable, but when stuff gets a bit too "hairy" she would try and survive by any means.

She's more or less a fighter/ survivor, but when things get bad for fellow dwarf she'll fight for them

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2011, 05:21:43 pm »

I've decided to keep going regardless of the fact that Argonnek is double-dwarfing because I realize this is a community story and I rely on outside input for it to work right.  I am still keeping picks to ONE Dwarf per migrant wave though.

-----

The Journal of Vergil

24th Malachite, 258, Mid-Summer

Ludoc came in today, slightly exhausted yet still able to stay on his feet, despite wearing all that armor... I'll never understand how he does it, no matter how much Deler tries to explain to me about optimized design.  He wearily informed us about another migrant wave on the outskirts of the region before stumbling back to his room.  I decided I would take this one, though Shorna insisted on coming along as well.

"So who do you think it's going to be this time?" Shorna asked as we walked out the main door to the Fortress.  I looked at her questioningly, only half-listening to her as I was wondering about the state of our living quarters as well as when we should remove this simple door and use the main drawbridge instead.
"The migrants," she continued. "just curious about the kind of characters we'll meet, that's all."
"Like I have control over who comes and who stays in the middle of a mass exodus." I said with dry sarcasm.
Shorna pouted and nudged me in the side. "You're no fun sometimes, Vergil.  You have control over pretty much everything else, don't you?"
"Actually, no, plenty of different things in the Fortress are controlled by different individuals who hold..." I trailed off as Shorna rolled her eyes and sighed.  Soon we saw them; similar to most of the other parties of migrants we'd encountered before, it was a small group of seven Dwarves, with obviously mismatched sets of clothing worn ragged by the long journey through the wilderness.  They were marching west towards the setting sun, a few animals trudging along beside them, and the whole scene looked somber and quiet.  Shorna and I both looked at each other with a slight grin on our faces, knowing we could deliver them good news.

"Hoy!" I called from the top of a small hill to the group below.  All activity stopped, and all eyes turned to gaze in amazement, which quickly turned to relief as several members of the group sighed deeply.  A few of them broke into tears and dropped to the ground as if they hadn't rested in days, while four others dropped their loads and walked up to meet us. "Please tell me you're not some trick of my eyes," one of the group, a stout, young Dwarf who had the look of a Carpenter said wearily.  I grinned widely and clapped the man on the shoulder in friendship.  Greetings were exchanged, as well as many handshakes, shoulder-claps and light-hearted jests.  The carpenter was Stronghammer; there was also Angel, a young lady who claimed to be a Surgeon of no small talent; Branded, a battered-looking yet beautiful woman wearing a suit of leather armor and carrying a nasty-looking warhammer, encrusted with dried blood.  The last was a man who simply called himself Nine, a calm, quiet individual who claimed experience in masonry.  We quickly related our story to them about the fall of Gloryfissures and our subsequent journey to this site, which elicited a great deal of interest from them all.

We came to a hill overlooking the Fortress gates.  They stared in awe at the massive gatehouse, and the now-complete keep sitting atop it.  The drawbridge opened into a large, straight passage that led deep into the hillside.  It looked even more beautiful from the outside, I thought with a smile.  "You've been busy," Nine remarked with a smirk.
"So... that's our home." Branded said, gesturing towards the mountains.
"That's right," Shorna replied. "one big rehabilitation center for us naughty Dwarves, right, Vergil?"
A nervous titter of laughter floated on the breeze, but I cleared my throat and began. "This is Ravencrown, my friends, haven for all who have escaped the Goblin's wrath.  Several groups have preceded you already, all of which are now valuable members of the community, which is steadily growing month by month."
"Oh, yeah," Shorna broke in. "what's the count by now, Vergil?  Fifty?"
I paused a moment with a look of annoyance on my face. "Thirty-nine, actually.  Forty-six if--"
"You don't even need to ask," Angel said. "we've been walking for weeks trying to find some kind of safe haven away from those damned Goblins.  Didn't expect to find a whole castle...fortress out here, especially not a Dwarven one... thought only gobs lived in the Mountains." She paused for a moment, staring at the white-capped peaks in the distance. "But if it truly is a home, and a chance to recover..."
"Not to mention a chance to get back at those damned gobs," Branded said with a vicious smile, slamming a fist into her palm. "if there's even one bastion of resistance left in this world, I'll fight until every last one of them is dead.  I'm in."

The four Dwarves returned to the rest of the group to gather up their things and prepare to move in, while we headed back to the Fortress to inform everyone else of the good news.
"So you're still telling me you didn't see that coming?" Shorna said teasingly.
I sighed in exasperation. "Ok, Shorna, I'll bite. so your point is...?"
"You're like the big guy in charge, right?  So--"
"Now just a minute," I cut her off. "are you suggesting that because I have an administrative role in this Fortress that I have knowledge of every person in every town and village and would know who's most likely to cut and run, and when?"
"Hmm.... mayyybe?" she said and gave me a look of artfully contrived innocence.

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2011, 11:19:07 am »

Great  :) hope my char has more parts like this :)

i also like critisism

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2011, 07:55:52 pm »

The entry that used to be here contained a few unoriginal lines.  For the sake of maintaining my self-respect I've taken it down until I can think of something else.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 11:57:47 pm by Xvareon »

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2011, 11:37:33 am »

D: i didn't know anything was posted today :| but judging by your post i guess it's better that way

i also like critisism

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2011, 09:45:52 pm »

The Journal of Angel

10th Galena, 258, Late Summer

It's been a good fifteen days now since we first came to this place, and I think I may have just found home.  Everyone here is so nice, why just the other day that Baron person gave me this very nice fur coat made from... ah, I can't remember. been a while since I've worn it, since I keep forgetting to wear it anyways... several times now I've been caught walking around in a nightgown or bathrobe, though the latter I stopped a few days ago after I realized this Fortress still had no soap.  I had to bring that to their attention quickly before I got caught in a bathrobe again, thankfully they got the message -- though they looked a little confused and groaned a bit at first.  I've never seen people put up an ashery that fast, let's hope they get some lye out quickly.  And also hope they don't forget they still need to turn the lye into soap.  I took a look around their hospital too, doesn't look too bad, they've got a traction bench and a couple of tables and an inordinate number of beds stacked against the wall.  Also an adjoining room to put everything in, well everything they can't put into these little bags and boxes near the door of the main part.  It looks like they have a well, too; it's built really carefully from what I can see, as if anyone would want to fall through it -- there isn't even any water down there to get to! haha. still, the drink they have here is very nice, some of it is all new stuff made by this funny girl called Shorna.  It's a welcome break from all the humdrum stuff we got back out in the fields... Wine made from mushrooms, who would have thought?... oh wait...

now that I think about it, didn't I use to hear about these weird people who lived out in the hills in these caves... and they had to eat mushrooms to survive? and they were all gangly, ugly people and smelled bad and... oh no, I hope these aren't gangly hill people in disguise!  That would mean they're trying to lure me into a false sense of security while they drug me with all their mushroom wine and other mushroom related stuff... I don't want to turn into an ugly, smelly hunchbacked hill person.  Oh but wait, now that I think again we should be able to know for sure in one very easy way.  It is universally known that all gangly, ugly hill people absolutely despise soap. that might be why I haven't seen any soap around here, but there's one way to know for sure, and that's make some soap myself and wash all these people with it.  If they are gangly hill people in disguise, then they'll scream and be afraid of it and then we'll run and go find some real proper soap-loving people.  I would talk to Branded and ask her to protect us if we need to run, but I'm pretty sure if we carry enough soap with us it would act like a charm to keep them away.

Of course, with any luck, I'm completely wrong and these aren't gangly, ugly hill people in disguise.  But still, better safe than sorry, so I need to get that soap double-quick now.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2011, 07:57:44 am »

lol hill people, that hate soap......wait a mintue im not a gangly ugly hill person?

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2011, 12:09:04 pm »

of course you're not.  she wouldn't think that of the people she already knows.  She may still ask them to take a bath, though.

Also, Baron, you are officially the most Dwarfy person I know on these forums.  I'll keep that comment about Dwarf females for future sigs if you don't mind.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2011, 01:30:55 pm »

I had a good laugh at Angel's diary. Good to see this continuing.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2011, 05:19:30 pm »

The Journal of Deler

17th Galena, 258, Late Summer

Ludoc came in earlier after killing another brace of mountain goats and informed us that we have yet another caravan of traders near our border, and this time it's the very people our idiot brethren tried to emulate before they got beat back into the ground -- the Humans.  Word must travel fast out there... I wonder how much time it'll take before the Goblins find out we're here with all this caravan traffic coming and going.  I am a little confused, though; Humans are notorious for bringing large caravans with many wagons when they come to trade, and yet all we see here is about four Humans and a few pack animals.  They're probably just coming to scout the market or something... I'll leave this up to Vergil as usual, though I really hope he knows what's he doing... the last thing we need right now is more stuff to haul.

This place could really use some work... moving into the west wing is slow since we have so much hauling work to get done, and it's a long walk from the old east wing into the new one.  Luckily, I'm spared most of that drudgework; our job is to dig out more space to haul more items to.  Just a few days ago we finished work on a new dining room, this time we did it right instead of the blocky, ugly designs we've had to do on short notice before.  Aez has been busy working on a small aqueduct system to create a fountain or miniature waterfall I think, just inside the door, and we're going to put a few statues in there along with the chairs and tables to liven things up; I really hope, though, they fence off the waterfall so Angel doesn't get any ideas about making us take a shower or anything...  Next up will probably be separate bedrooms deep in the west wing, and this time they won't be the tiny, spartan rooms we had in the east wing.  I will most definitely have a good, solid steel door for my own room, complete with a masterwork engraving of Ber Zasetur, the God of Metals.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:36:00 am by Xvareon »

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2011, 01:01:30 pm »

hm...... well.. we may have a problem here, folks.  Apparently I forgot to check civilization alliances and for some freak reason the current Dwarven civilization is at *PEACE* with the Goblins!!  Does anyone know how to fix this because I don't think Goblins send trade caravans that I can kill... and if I can't fix it the whole storyline is kinda pointless.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9